Tour tickets question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheQuiet1

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How many tickets were available for the USA tour as opposed to the European one and how many of the aforementioned tickets sold? (I'm guessing they both sold out but just to be sure)

Were both tours similiar-sized in terms of how many people had the opportunity to go to the gigs?

Yes, I am asking because of that oft repeated argument that U2 tour USA twice because it's where the money is but I'm wondering if European tours are given the same opportunities to gross as much as the US ones. Europe has the higher population and richer countries in terms of GDP per capita (OK, I know of one, and it's only little, but it is the richest country in the world in terms of GDP per capita!) so I'd have thought they could match, if not outnumber, the profit from the USA tours.

The dollar is quite weak in comparison to the pound, is it a similiar story when comparing it to the Euro? Because that too would be a factor in the amount of cash U2 actually makes off the tours wouldn't it?

Anyway, my little fountains of knowledge, any help would be appreciated so I too could flow with knowledge like you rather than trickle through as I do as the moment. (I was kinda trying to do the whole 'you're fountains of knowledge while I am a pool of ignorance' metaphor there but it kinda didn't really work......) :huh:

OK, I just read Sting2's post which answers the bulk of my post. But if anyone could answer the little questions then that'd be appreciated too.

Back
Top Bottom