top grossing tours off all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I recall correctly, Popmart was the fourth highest of all time ...

Isn't Elevation second, behind one of the Stones' tours?
I also think Zoo TV is near if not in the top 10.

The Rolling Stones have the top Grossing tour for North America in chalender year (January to December) with The Voodoo Lounge tour which did 121 million. I think Bridges To Babylon is close or around there but it had most of its tour in 1997 with the rest in 1998. If you don't go by the 12 month chalender year formula then, it to was around the 120 million range.

The Eagles Reunion tour did around 120 million in North America from 1994-1995.

U2s elevation tour would be next with 109 million Gross in North America from the 2001 tour.

I believe the most recent Bruce Springsteen tour may have crossed the 100 million mark in North America, but I'm not positive about that.

Pink Floyd's last North American tour did 103 million in 1994.

Prince raked in a good bit of money on his last tour and may be close to the 100 million category for North America as well.

The top Grossing Worldwide tours are.

Rolling Stones- Voodoo Lounge 319 million
Rolling Stones- Bridges To Babylon 300 million +
Rolling Stones- most recent tour. Don't have exact figures, but its third.

U2-POPMART 171 million

The Rolling Stones are the only artist I know of to of had a tour that grossed more than POPMART.

Correct The MIGHTY ROLLING STONES own the top spot with U2 a distant second.

STING2 said:
The top Grossing Worldwide tours are.

Rolling Stones- Voodoo Lounge 319 million
Rolling Stones- Bridges To Babylon 300 million +
Rolling Stones- most recent tour. Don't have exact figures, but its third.

U2-POPMART 171 million

The Rolling Stones are the only artist I know of to of had a tour that grossed more than POPMART.

At last some fan with the truth :( very few fans ( specially Pop haters ) knows Pop Mart was their most succesful Tour ever :heart:

As far as I know, that would be Elevation tour, ponkine. Second most succesful ever, behind Vodoo Lounge tour.
I've read that several times since 2001. It was, if I remember right, their tour with the highest profit margin ever.

(that said, how long are Stones' tours? More than a year? How much do they charge for tickets?)

Last edited:
U2girl said:
(that said, how long are Stones' tours? More than a year? How much do they charge for tickets?) [/B]

The last one was "short", only lasted 14 months (with some breaks), their Bridges To Babylon tour started on September 1997 and ended on June 1999, of course with various breaks.

And for charge for tickets, the last tour got VERY HIGHT ticket prices that's why they grossed 300 millions with "only" 3.5 million people. They grossed an average of $3.5 millions per show in US and $4.5 millions in Europe/Asia...

U2girl said:
As far as I know, that would be Elevation tour, ponkine. Second most succesful ever, behind Vodoo Lounge tour.
I've read that several times since 2001. It was, if I remember right, their tour with the highest profit margin ever.

(that said, how long are Stones' tours? More than a year? How much do they charge for tickets?)

Elevation Tour was second highest grossing tour in US!

Worldwide, U2's highest grossing tour was PopMart with 171$ million.

ZooTV did around 150 million without touring SouthAmerica (wich represent almost 500,000 tickets sold in 1998) and many countries that PopMart did.

ZooTV = 5,4 million tickets sold
PopMart = 3,9 million tickets sold

Vox

Vox02 said:

Elevation Tour was second highest grossing tour in US!

Worldwide, U2's highest grossing tour was PopMart with 171$ million.

ZooTV did around 150 million without touring SouthAmerica (wich represent almost 500,000 tickets sold in 1998) and many countries that PopMart did.

ZooTV = 5,4 million tickets sold
PopMart = 3,9 million tickets sold

Vox

OK, that makes sense.

I believe Stones Licks tour (2002-2003) topped $300 million worldwide including $120 million North America (top ticket price $400).
2003 Springsteen $115 million in US (top ticket price $75).
2002 MCCartney $98 million in US (top ticket price $250).

Back
Top Bottom