so is this thing going to get a second week..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
at number 1? i mean in the UK and US but also the other countrys......am i wrong to be so paranoid about how the album is actually doing? lol

If Hits numbers for HTDAAB and the Jay-Z album are really close, we might have to wait until Billboard releases their chart data on Thursday to see if U2 retained the top spot. There's also the possibility that even if U2 fall out, they might pop back in at #1 for Week 3.

Well the ARIA charts for Australia were just updated and as I predicted HTDAAB drops to #3 in its second week. However I dont see any reason for concern. At this time of the year record sales are very good so the album is still flying out the door. And with it selling 48,000 copies last week that would have to be one of the highest debut weeks for the past few years certainly.
Above it at the moment is the Robbie Williams Best Of and that damn Delta Goodrem album, and she is massively popular down under so no need to worry folks! If its like number 10 next week or something then I'll worry!
On a positive note, its now 2 X platinum!

Officially number 1 in the U.K for another week - this is a great result as often U2 albums in the past only spent 1 week at number one. Peak sales period as well.

Vertigo is at number 21

Regarding OZ - the drop to number 3 is not surprising. The 2x platinum certification is great news as I wanted to see this before Christmas. I think it will be a challenge to get 3x platinum by Christmas though as Vertigo is now at 21 and no new single will be released prior to Christmas.

hi all,
great news from this side of the planet.
last friday i checked out two major record bars in my area, which is equivalent to new york city in the u.s. three days after it was released, it was placed by one store at its chart display at no.5.
no worry for me, the first two were that of a local artist whom they were promoting, the 3rd for rod stewart, 4th for another local artist. given there's very little promotion for the album, i was glad to see it at no. 5 on its 1st week. britney was in no. 17 and eminem , slightly higher than britney. both are in their 2nd and 3rd wk respectively of their release here if i am not mistaken.
last saturday, i went back to the store to buy something and out of curiosity , checked out for any movement. i was initially disappointed as it was no longer in the chart top 25 display. so i went to the regular shelf to check. not a single album on display. none either on the listening cubicles. as i went to the cashier to pay for an item i bought, i could not resist asking the salesperson. what she told me was a knockout reply. "it was sold out just last night. and we have just made re-orders! " wow!!!! that means after a wk of release! and that leads me to know why when i visited the other store, tower records, the table display for their album was no longer there. that table display had a large poster on it and
several htdaab albums on top. i check the regular shelf and there were like a few units left. that was two days before i checked out the other where the album was sold out.
this is a great feat for u2 considering foreign artists have tough competition from local artists and the little promotion it got (no ipod commercials here on tv or radio), standard songs artists, balladeers and yes the likes of eminem and britney which have 10x more exposure on tv and radio. as for eminem's and britney's albums, they are still there prominently on display for anyone interested to buy! factually though, u2 following is still more of a cult following here. to a regular record buyer, they'd probably remark "u2 who?" locally, i also observed that the recording business here seem to follow u.s. trends. the advantage for u2 of not really being in the mainstream here is that there's hardly any bootleg of them being sold in the sidewalks and markets (yes piracy is still a big problem here).

by the way, u2's album is sold here at 495 pesos. *exchange rate is usd1 = 56.10 phil pesos. * quite a steep price as compared to bootlegs that sell for 25 pesos on average. and
where you can find most of em's and brit's works.
the regular price for an audio cd here is from 425 to 450.
so that 495 is considered expensive. yet their albums were sold out in just a week! i am amazed... and happy!:wink:

desire25 said:
by the way, u2's album is sold here at 495 pesos. *exchange rate is usd1 = 56.10 phil pesos. * quite a steep price as compared to bootlegs that sell for 25 pesos on average. and
where you can find most of em's and brit's works.
the regular price for an audio cd here is from 425 to 450.
so that 495 is considered expensive. yet their albums were sold out in just a week! i am amazed... and happy!:wink:

Hello fellow Filipino.

Unfortunately, I wasn't among those who bought at P495. I had to have my friend from Germany bring the Collector's Edition all the way here for me since I was told it wouldn't be out in the Philippines.

But yes, there really is little or no promotion for the album here yet it is selling like hotcackes. Please drop me a private email at atyclb4ever@yahoo.com -perhaps we can meet or trade some U2 stuff around.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom