Hits Week 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NOW IN: 0.69%

43 U2 134

There are a lot of new entries or albums that weren't in the Top 40.

Last edited:
U2 at 36 with 12.5% in. HTDAAB really only needs a "slight" bump in sales to move up into the Top 20. Outside of the top 4-6 albums, the next 30 to 40 albums are bunched up, with sales being so close (and weak) that it wouldn't take much to make a major move up the charts.

Of course, having U2 in the Top 25 by selling 3000 more albums/week is not going to translate into making HTDAAB a bigger success than ATYCLB or even AB. They need what Green Day got...a 2nd smash hit single, tour, and live appearances all happening at the same time, taking HTDAAB into the Top 10. I think we are about to see that happen!

There will be a slight increase in sales this week due to the 3rd leg tickets coming out in my opinion and it should be at least stable for next week due to the rock and roll hall of fame...and then of course the tour coming.

Yahweh said:
There will be a slight increase in sales this week due to the 3rd leg tickets coming out in my opinion and it should be at least stable for next week due to the rock and roll hall of fame...and then of course the tour coming.

we won't be seeing the 3rd leg tickets sales effect till the next week...so this chart is "free" from any extra-airplay push.

Dima said:
we won't be seeing the 3rd leg tickets sales effect till the next week...so this chart is "free" from any extra-airplay push.

Well, considering the fact that 3rd leg tickets went on sale last week (with the first general sale on Saturday) I think it does have a (small?) effect. Maybe the ticket sales were promoted during the week, so the build-up was there.

C ya!

Marty

roy said:

Why do you seem to post most often when U2 aren't doing so well? Why so negative?
lol good question, am paranoid about them not doing well..... thats the simple answer

Man there is a lot of 50 cent fans in the US....over 1 million last week and close to that again this week....brutal.

which no matter what, its pretty much gonna be an increase on last week, and then next week there will be the HOF impact, not looking too bad at all :)

Back
Top Bottom