NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the worst called games I've ever seen

Refs were in fact giving the Chiefs free third downs

One of the worst called games I've ever seen

Refs were in fact giving the Chiefs free third downs

Brutal officiating in that game.
Unfortunate that a penalty decided the game though that was a fairly legit call, but many other questionable calls and the do over play should result in some folks getting fired. Ridiculous.

andyreid.jpg

Philly/KC. 13 days away. I'll be rooting for KC cuz I'm a freakin' Giants fan. But, Philly has got a great team and are capable of winning another Superb Owl.

Yep, Mahomes is my favorite player in the league, an underdog, and battling an ankle. Hard not to cheer for the Chiefs unless you're a Philly fan of course.

I believe the Chiefs actually opened as 2 point favorites, which quickly swung to 2 point dogs in very short order.

Obviously as a Giants fan (and non tall building) I can't ever bring myself to root for Philly. The prospect of Andy Reid beating them in the Super Bowl is also too sweet to not be in pulling for Kansas City.

Alas - these are two very good teams and it should be a great game that could go either way.

Last edited:
It finally happened, again. Tom Brady has retired, again. This time he knows its for real.

Hewson, you gonna go to Tom Brady Day when NE retires his number next season? :wink:

Records are made to he broken folks

That, or Brady light occurs and too is worth of special exception, and before you know it every QB is #6

“Chiefs” is absolutely not an offensive name. If you’re comparing it to “redskins,” shit, idk what to say. One is literally racist.

The imagery the chiefs use needs to change. “Chief” doesn’t need to exclusively be native, nor is it really even so. Even if it was though, should people from Long Island be offended by the name “islanders?” What about “Canadiens?”

Just don’t caricaturize your mascot or imagery if it can refer to real people. I think “Seminoles” is probably the horizon of “you might need to change your name.”

Back
Top Bottom