NBA 2022-23 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Knicks! I feels unreal that they are so good. Mitch Robinson played one of the most dominant series from a center in years. So freaking good. 11 offensive rebounds today - the Cavs had 4 as a team). Anchored a 90s-like defense. The Cavs scored more than 100 points once in 5 games (they were a better offense than the Warriors this season). And they could have home field advantage against Miami!

I like this Cavs team, and they'll be good when Mobley gets stronger. Sorry it ended like it did, iyup.

I'm going to get a drink now.

Last edited:
Very, very disappointing for the Cavs, but I'll try to look at the positive side in that we made progress this season.

I wonder how NY will do against a more physical team that won't let them win 99% of 50-50 balls or Robinson dominate the offensive glass. NY doesn't shoot particularly well from what I saw, so if the second and third-chance points get diminished, they will probably be in trouble. It is wild how thoroughly out-muscled and out-hustled Cleveland was in this series. I don't think that will happen with Miami or Milwaukee. But I've got to hand it to the Knicks: they wanted it more.

I wonder how NY will do against a more physical team

317E2E6A-7DC0-4D8A-BB38-272B78C0B974-e1680305954886.jpeg

The Knicks don't shoot particularly well (not as bad as they did this series). But they are elite in the other three offensive factors - offensive rebounding, free throw rate and turnover rate. So they've been a pretty efficient offense all season (5th best offensive efficiency in the league). It was their defense that lagged behind (I think they were close to 20th), and they stepped up big time against a very good offense.

They have no chance against the Bucks - they are a pretty awful matchup - but I think they are at least evenly matched with the Heat, and have much better depth.

Garland is pretty fun. Mitchell was mostly out of sorts this series. The Cavs need a good winger, though, they were pretty thin after the top 4.

It might be weird to say, but I think Mitchell Robinson was the MVP of the series. He pretty well erased Allen and Mobley. There were plays where Cleveland needed four guys to keep him off the glass. Insane.

I agree. Mitch has been my favorite Knick since he was drafted and became the ray of light in a 17-win season. So happy for him.

I don’t get nba tv. Miami and bucks crazy gsme. Now in OT.

Bud didn't call timeout with 0.5 left in regulation, and then let his team lose a series on a shot clock violation. Amazing.

Of course, Giannis couldn't hit a free throw to save his life.

Ouch.

I don't think I've seen a team play as dumb as the Bucks did today.

#8 Panthers hold off elimination in OT to the single best season in history Bruins to force a game 6

#8 or whatever Heat eliminate #1 in OT

I got U2 tickets

I got Airborne Toxic Event tickets

Wild good day

#8 Panthers hold off elimination in OT to the single best season in history Bruins to force a game 6

#8 or whatever Heat eliminate #1 in OT

I got U2 tickets

I got Airborne Toxic Event tickets

Wild good day

Everything is coming up LN7!

Shows how fragile Championship runs are. Everything right in front of you and you'd never think Kevin Love flipping over Giannis within the first few minutes of the playoffs would change the course of the whole thing. Kudos to Miami, but if that doesn't happen and Giannis is healthy, the Bucks probably win in 5 or maybe 6 because he obviously wasn't close to healthy even after coming back.

Whoever wins the championship, congrats and make sure you send Kevin Love a gift basket!

Bud gotta go.

I'm fine with giving him one more year and I'm hoping he learned from his mistakes from this series as well. He's always been the "use it or lose it" man with timeouts and for some reason, just decided to not call timeouts during the two most important possessions of the season. I do think he's a good coach. I guess maybe if they could bring in Nick Nurse....maybe....but I still think a fully healthy Giannis probably would have gotten them to the Finals this year or a loss to Boston in 7. That injury changed everything.

come on... you know he needed to go before he won the title, and was only saved because Giannis went nuts.

his system is fine and works - his feel for the game is awful.

I actually thought he got a lot better towards the end of their Championship run, but yeah, he is really frustrating.

If we replaced him with Nick Nurse, I'm fine with it too as long as Drake doesn't come with him.

Giannis got hurt. He was still hurt. Jimmy went nuts. Can’t blame coach.

Also NHL and NBA seeding are meaningless the last 20 years.

Sorry for you Mikal, but Grayson Allen dribbling out the clock without shooting to end OT is a satisfying conclusion otherwise.

Funny thing is, I wasn't even pissed at that point, I had accepted that we were going to lose long before then, so that was actually pure entertainment as well as relief that I don't have to see U2 in Vegas.

Giannis got hurt. He was still hurt. Jimmy went nuts. Can’t blame coach.

s.

Coach still needs to use his timeout with 0.5 on clock after Butler ties game to advance ball to frontcourt and have a prayer to win.
Not doing that is a fire-able offense in and of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom