Taylor Swift IS the new Arya Stark!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taylor Swift turns 33 today. Where has the time gone by? I'm a not Taylor fan, but I respect and admire all the hard work that she has put into her career.

Consider this song that was initially only available on the CD version of Midnights sold exclusively at Target. Not only did not make the official album, but wasn't included on the 3am bonus tracks either.

When you can relegate a song this catchy to rarity status, you've got talent to burn. It's better than what 99% of pop artists put on their actual albums this past year:

I went back to Target not too long ago to get another copy of the CD for my daughter, and there were none to be found. Not sure if more came in after that, but I'm sure glad that's the version I went with. Along with Anti-Hero and Would've, Could've, Should've, my top 3 from the recent output.

Is GAF going to put down the bottle long enough to give us a review of Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)?

It's great. But more importantly I finally saw her live on June 4th, the last of the three shows at Soldier Field. Was lucky enough to get floor seats. And for a career spanning tour, the setlist doesn't disappoint. It's massive. 44 songs (44!) and three and a half hours of music, with only a handful of momentary breaks for costume changes/decoration changes. I stood the whole time just to be able to say I did. Not sure how she's able to perform that huge set for multiple consecutive nights. It really is like a Springsteenian endurance thing.

I think I got the most emotional during the Fearless section, and probably freaked out/rocked out the hardest during the Evermore section. 'Tis the Damn Season is right in my vocal range. And hearing seven songs from Folklore was pretty special. Wouldn't have guessed she'd play that many.

Plus I got Hits Different as one of the two "surprise songs" she plays during every show. Cruel Summer, Enchanted, and All Too Well were a few of the other highlights.

Also, MUNA was one of the openers and they killed it. Love them.

I'm so tempted to say, "how the fuck have you never seen Taylor Swift live before", but I won't. Stoked for you GAF. I've never seen ticket demand in Australia in my entire life like it is for her shows here next year. She could probably sell out 10 stadium shows. Only Pink has created this much demand in my lifetime.

What if I told y’all that I got a text message this am that said “VERY LIMITED number of production hold tickets available for Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood!” and included an access code?

And what if I told you I went to Ticketmaster immediately and used that code to log into a Verfied Fan Only sale, and was able to score 4 seats in the front VIP section for face value?

Brother, ya boy is going to The Eras Tour with insanely good seats.

Eddie's outfit reminds me of Mac Jones' outfit at the Taylor concert.

I like seeing Dads supporting their daughters in such a way, I read an article recently about Dads learning the lyrics before going to the concert with their daughters.

What if I told y’all that I got a text message this am that said “VERY LIMITED number of production hold tickets available for Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood!” and included an access code?

And what if I told you I went to Ticketmaster immediately and used that code to log into a Verfied Fan Only sale, and was able to score 4 seats in the front VIP section for face value?

Brother, ya boy is going to The Eras Tour with insanely good seats.
Have fun man. It's a big show. I was thinking the other day, there were honestly a couple parts of the production that reminded me of POPMART.

Will Selena Gomez appear at the first Los Angeles show tonight?

Will 1989 (Taylor's Version) be announced?

Will Bon Iver show up next Monday to perform Exile, since it's his day off and he's touring the Western USA?

All will be clear soon.

I've been too busy going down a Tay-hole. I've since watched the 1989 tour Live in Australia concert film, the Reputation concert film, and City of Lover live in Paris. Plus a 15-min video on YouTube about Tay and her cats.

On eBay I got a limited edition box of Midnights that comes with a t-shirt (I like it better than what was offered at the merch table at the show) and a limited edition box of Lover that comes with a reproduction of some of Tay's diary entries.

I need an intervention.

The Eras tour movie was announced, it's in AMC theaters and tickets went on sale this morning.

I had a 12 minute wait on the AMC site but I got right through on Fandango, it wasn't on their home page but I found it via search.

Tickets are $19.89 for adults. I honestly can't believe I want to see this but I do, I'm a bit of a Swiftie if you can be a bit of one. I wanted to see the concert but at least I can see the film.

$19.89 for adults, $13.13 for kids.

Gotta love her sneaking that in there.

Anyway, asking this in all seriousness, do we think Taylor attends one of the Sphere shows? She’s never mentioned the band’s music as far as I know, but she at least has a friendly relationship with Bono and they sent her a gift when she first played Dublin. And if we were making a list of which artists would have a creative use for the Sphere technology, she’d be up near the top along with Gaga, Radiohead, Beyoncé, etc.

So as someone who wants to be on the cutting edge of the industry, she’d be crazy to not check out what a similar act with unlimited resources can do. It also makes sense for her to do a curated residency in 2025 after touring the world the two previous years—a lot less exhausting. And considering she’s set to direct her first feature film which will supposedly have some fantasy elements, there could be some kind of tie-in, who knows?

I guess it would depend on where she is during the shows.
If she's hanging out in Rhode Island or NYC, she might not want to bother flying across country, but if she's in Cali then it's certainly possible.
She starts shows in SA Nov 9, so figuring the ramp up for those, she'd have to go in one of the first few weeks most likely,. Or squeeze in a December show.

Last edited:

Anyway, asking this in all seriousness, do we think Taylor attends one of the Sphere shows? She’s never mentioned the band’s music as far as I know, but she at least has a friendly relationship with Bono and they sent her a gift when she first played Dublin. And if we were making a list of which artists would have a creative use for the Sphere technology, she’d be up near the top along with Gaga, Radiohead, Beyoncé, etc.

So as someone who wants to be on the cutting edge of the industry, she’d be crazy to not check out what a similar act with unlimited resources can do. It also makes sense for her to do a curated residency in 2025 after touring the world the two previous years—a lot less exhausting. And considering she’s set to direct her first feature film which will supposedly have some fantasy elements, there could be some kind of tie-in, who knows?

Real Lou Reed - Morrissey - Satellite of Love - Glastonbury - U2 areas from you here mate

Who gives a shit, how was your show? Which night did you go to?

Back
Top Bottom