Shuttlecock XXV: Cool Hats Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono%2Bbike.jpg

that's how ruff ryders roll

I mean, they already worked with the most relevant rapper and fat lot of good it did them thanks to their own self-sabotage, so they may as well work with an irrelevant one now.

As far as remastered videos go... we are now in the R&H era. We are finally going to get a good version of the All I Want Is You video on YouTube now.

AIWIY up today. I’ve been waiting to see a decent version of this for a while.

It’s easily their best video, and it’s not even close. Gorgeous photography and I love the Fellini-inspired story.

Music videos honestly don’t get much better than this.

I am waiting to find some time and sit down to watch them all, maybe I'll make a playlist of them all, but I'll need to be ready emotionally haha. Excited for a HD version of Lemon, in my eyes their best video as it completely changed my perception of the song.

Him growing out his hair long, but keeping it all the same length was a good decision. I could only imagine a mullet ruining the timelessness of the joshua tree and rattle and hum era.

Plus, Bono late 80s pirate era is a pretty cool era. I like his inside out vest from the 1987 Paris joshua tree show.

The most alarming thing for me about watching video of Bono in the 80s is the realization that he and I have basically the same build, which does not bode well for my future.

Also, Bono's best hair year was 1986 on the Conspiracy of Hope Tour.

ZooTV and Elevation were strong eras for Bono's hair, but he followed up both with some really awful styles. I might honestly take the 80s mullet over that Vertigo mullet.

I think Beautiful Day video hair is his most professional look. Like if Bono were going on a job interview, I'd tell him to use that hairdo.

I think Beautiful Day video hair is his most professional look. Like if Bono were going on a job interview, I'd tell him to use that hairdo.

He was interviewing for reclaiming “biggest band in the world”, wasn’t he? So it makes some sense.

I’ve been listening to the first few nights of the original Joshua Tree tour.. I always read that Bono’s voice was shot during the first night but until listening to the show I didn’t realize just how bad it actually was:

https://youtu.be/8LTjHQNynmI

There’s a weird tape effect towards the end if the show that makes Bono sound like he is singing after taking hits of helium. I guess they had to do the show for contractual reasons. But a few nights later he was back to normal.

I also like those early shoes because they were working out setlist sand even slight arrangements fit the Joshua Tree songs. Streets, for example, has Bono getting a feel for the ending as he does the typical ohhh ohhhh ending with a repeated chorus that he would just drop all together.. it also just ended odd in those early shows. They also went straight into Still Haven’t Found in those early shows instead of keeping up the pace with I Will Follow.

Really great time capsules.

Back
Top Bottom