Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree. I have seen Oasis a few times, and LOVE Ryan...but I would not see these shows (see the first part of the sentence).

Well, that makes me feel a bit better. :)

A couple more bits of Ryan news (from the latest email):

"STOP" FEATURED ON A&E'S "THE CLEANER"

Cardinology's closing track "Stop" will be featured on A&E's "The Cleaner" on September 30​

"FIX IT" AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ON OCT 7TH

"Fix It" will be available for digital download next Tuesday, October 7th. You can listen to a streaming clip of it now on www.ryan-adams.com

I was hoping Schmeg would pull off some free tickets at work, but they have not materialized.

Despite a quick trip to Detroit tomorrow, I think we will still go to the show tomorrow night.

I got third row tickets for Austin :hyper:

Need a guest?
smielephantiy2.gif

It's a step up from the terrible Easy Tiger, but I'm starting to think he doesn't have another Heartbreaker or Cold Roses left in him.

It's sad that you think that, considering he's barely in his 30s, but I don't disagree with you. Somebody sent this to me today, and I'm going to give it a listen in a little while. Nobody I know who's heard it has had much of anything good to say about it, though.

I'm still pretty amazed by how good they were when I saw them a few weeks ago. After the lousy show I saw in back in 2005, I thought his best days of performing were behind him, but I have more hope now that that's not true.

I'm waiting for the CD.

We were reminiscing at another board about how great Ryan was during the Demolition tour...what fantastic shows those were...those solo acoustic nights. It seems like forever ago. I'm still a Ryan fan, but things sure have changed.

Great show last night... I saw them in the same venue almost a year ago, and the two shows were night and day difference.

This show was all about plugged in rock, jamming, and having fun. It was heavy on the new stuff and some of the old tunes were almost unrecognizable at first, Shakedown was almost twice it's normal tempo, and Bartering Lines was well... unique. But Ryan seemed like he felt a little more comfortable, talked to the audience a little, joked around, etc...

Last time around Ryan never said a word between songs, it was much much more mellow, but it focused more on the songs rather than jamming, and it was mostly acoustic so it focused quite a bit on Ryan's voice which was in top shape...

If there was a way to combine those two shows it would be the best show I've ever seen.

I wouldn't say its an improvement from Easy Tiger, which I liked a lot and was at least its own in his discography, a lot of the tracks on Cardinology sound like they could fit on a number of his other albums, there's nothing new here, I like some of them a lot ("Fix It", "Sink Ships", "Stop") but they all seem like b-sides to previous releases.

i dunno, guy has put out 11 albums (two of them double albums, technically) in 8 years, if anyone is entitled a case of burnout it's him...

I have yet to hear Cardinology but the clips I have heard sound good. I think he may need to take a break for a bit and maybe recharge, that doesn't seem like his style though...

NYC show on Halloween!

Tickets on sale this Saturday through Ticketmaster. It's at the Apollo.

Presale password is fixit, according to what I saw on another board. If I didn't already have plans for Halloween, I'd think about going down there for the show.

And the Fix It single that I got when I preordered the album on iTunes lists the artist only as Ryan Adams.

My ticket from last month just said the Cardinals, as does the poster.

:shrug:

Ouch! Rock N Roll is definitely more enjoyable to listen to than Cardinology and probably 29, and Demolition is just a collection of unused tracks. But I would agree with 1 and 2, although I'm a big fan I wouldn't say he's released anything that's a 10/10.

Rock N Roll is a mess... I can't honestly think of any song on that album that I listen to on a regular basis, even This Is It - the stripped down version on the Follow The Lights EP is better imo...

As for Gold, it's decent, I just think his other stuff is better - Demolition included.

And 29 is saved by Carolina Rain, Night Birds, Blue Sky Blues and Strawberry Wine....

As for Rock n Roll, I love "Burning Photographs" and "So Alive" even if they aren't artistic triumphs, they album is an awesome driving CD.

As for Rock n Roll, I love "Burning Photographs" and "So Alive" even if they aren't artistic triumphs, they album is an awesome driving CD.

Yeah, I absolutely love those two, along with Luminol, This Is It, and Shallow. I'm sort of meh on the rest. I'd give it a 7/10.

Back
Top Bottom