Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somebody needs to sit him down and throw cold water in his face/knock some sense into his head...I don't really get his ideas about 'mattering', he seems to have deluded himself somewhere along the line.

I don't expect this will last. He seems to be getting stronger and more clear-headed as he gets older (though he's still a handful and I agree with BC that I'd never ever want to be him). Look at how prolific he's been in the last few years. Maybe just taking some time out of the spotlight, as much as he can, will do him some good, and he'll realize he's got a great thing going with the Cardinals and shouldn't give up on them. Their show in Syracuse last September was amazing. I have a hunch they still have a lot of music left to make together.

I really hope Cardinology isn't the last we hear from them--while it's not awful, it's not the way they deserve to be remembered, either.

Oh my.

Maybe he should get together with Fiona, who recently said she doesn't "feel" like writing songs right now.

It's frustrating when such talented artists are so moody.

Sad he won't be with the band anymore, but I prefer his solo work, and I doubt someone that writes that much will give it up for long (like when Stephen King "retired" from writing).

So, I guess he had posted this on the blog...

Of course everything i said got taken out of context.

as always,

i did not say i was quitting i said i was taking a step back…

so thanks…..thanks again

...but now it looks like it's been replaced with a lengthier entry. That's the short and sweet version though.

:shrug:

I honestly think Ryan is manic or bi-polar, he actually seemed more even-keeled when he wasn't sober. Not that I'm suggesting he should take it up again, but that's often the case with these diseases. They go undiagnosed(because more than likely a big portion of their adult life was escape) but they are oftened attracted to drugs because it does even them out, but then we all know what happens. Now that he's sober he's dealing with the extreme highs and lows probably for the first time, and like many other artist that do have this, he seems to want to do it on his own without meds out of fear it may inhibit his creativity. It's sad... I really hope he finds balance someday. I read both the blogs before they were taken down and they were both written by a very unhealthy person.

Oh, Ryan.

~~~~~~

Ryan Adams has announced he is leaving The Cardinals, the band he formed and has fronted since 2004.

Writing in a lengthy blog on Cardinology.com, Adams said that he will quit the band at the end of their current tour, which ends in Atlanta on March 20.

"Atlanta will be my last venture with the band," he wrote. "I am grateful for the time we have had and maybe someday we will have more stories to tell together. I am, however, ready for quieter times."

I will be at this show.

I'm going to have a copy of Infinity Blues coming my way. I've heard mixed reviews, but I still want it (duh!). I had wanted to do the pre-order with the autographed copy and the Sad American Mythology chapbook, but I was too slow in ordering and missed out. They ended up having some extra copies to sell because of returned or cancelled orders, so I was able to get in on the action. Fingers crossed nothing gets screwed up in the mail...because I worry about junk like that. I'm too paranoid. :crack:

RyanBooks.jpg

SAMSigned.jpg

IBSigned.jpg

Is it good or should he have not quit his day job?

I haven't had a chance to sit down and start reading, but I have flipped through some pages and read bits and pieces. Therefore, I really can't give a solid review, obviously. My initial impression is that I can understand why some people were less than impressed, but there is something about it that I find to be intriguing, but that just might be on a personal level for me for whatever reasons, so that isn't to say that other people would feel the same level of intrigue.

I'm still thinking that we need more music though...:shifty:

cardinology had some great tunes on it, but it wasn't as strong of an album as, say, cold roses or love is hell. i also think easy tiger is wonderful - that's the album that got me into the whole scene. the fusion of twang and rock is excellent. i'm still missing some of the older albums (rock n roll, heartbreaker).

I was at a show yesterday evening, it was a single set, 90 minutes, very little banter, abrupt ending, no encore.

I think Ryan's hearing/balance was playing up a bit, poor bloke.

On the plus side they played damn well and I was right up by the front rail a couple of metres away from the band, all in all :up:

Ryan Adams Valentine’s Day EP

Ryan Adams Valentine’s Day EP available on Itunes on 2/10. Ryan’s best love songs.

Extra Cheese
Two
Blossom
Answering Bell
Evergreen
My Love For You is Real
Desire
Unreleased bonus track Hey There, Mrs. Lovely

I'm guessing one would have to buy the whole album to get the bonus track?

That's what I'm thinking. :madwife:

I wonder if "Hey There, Mrs. Lovely" will be the same version that's been circulating unofficially or if anything else has been done to it? :hmm:

I want "Extra Cheese"...whatever it is. :mad:

Maybe a new song?

It turns out it's the title of the EP.

I just copy and pasted the original blog, the same exact format and everything which made it look like a song title... but the email I received is a little more clear.

Easy Cheese is the title, the whole EP is $3.99, and the only "new" song is "Hey There...".

I'm curious as to the reason behind this release. They are all previous released songs(I was hoping at first they were alternate or live versions, but they don't seem to be), except "Hey There..." which really isn't that new. So this can't be a cash grab.

A very random and curious release indeed...

Back
Top Bottom