Los Campesinos! -- ROMANCE IS BORING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gareth was wearing them in Austin too, Gaffer. This is a bit of quasi-"hipster" couture I don't quite understand.

As for the recurring fashion lapses, which came first, the chicken or the egg? The ironic hipsters or the sensitive, circumcising jock? Either way - someone, please make it stop. Unless it's someone I enjoy seeing subjected to public ridicule...

O63466.jpg

Well, I think Chris Leak graduated about three years ago, so I'm sure some UF boosters, or Filipino orphans, have updated his wardrobe.

reading some of those reviews can be very draining.

i can't find any information about this album's release in Australia. today is the 1st, so it's been released in the US and the UK, was today just to early to go or something?

i got the new Hot Chip album today and isn't meant to be out until the 8th or 9th in the US/K.

Also, reviewing an album and only mentioning two song titles: FAIL.

How about some more in-depth analysis instead of all this Where They Are Now bullshit? Discuss the fucking SONGS, jackass.

I am fine with an 8.3, personally. It's not like it was slagged off. In fact, the review is a rave. The problem is that they CONSTANTLY rate these Welsh bands super highly, but REFUSE to give them Best New Music status (this doesn't only happen with Welsh bands, of course...but it always happens with Welsh bands). Totally retarded. I have seen 7.8s get Best New Music. God fucking damn it.

Yeah, if you guys are mad at an 8.3, don't look up Tiny Mix Tapes' review.

I don't know, I can't say I'm surprised. None of the other music forums I frequent like these guys even a quarter as much as we seem to here. To each their own and stuff. :shrug:

It's kinda crazy how big Pitchfork has become in the indie (for lack of a better word) music world and how much attention its reviews receive. I wonder if those motherfuckers know about the countless people on the interwebs who squabble and squirm based on their arbitrary little decimal ratings.

Anyway, this album is a lot of fun. I'll never be as big a fan as some of you guys are, but I'm down with these kids. It took only a couple listens before this clicked and I started boppin my head and tappin my feet in approval. It starts off great, those first four tracks are a blast. And Straight In At 101 is very memorable.

Phoenix at #2?? Over Grizzly Bear and The Dirty Proj?? Wow.

Also, Shuttlecock hasn't been that low in quite some time. The last two albums made it into the Top 10.

What is wrong with these critics?

At least they got 10.7 points per mention, though.

Oh, I don't mean the results, but yeah. Always was a joke, still is a joke. I was talking about Plagenhoef's remarks, re: Pitchfork.

The story of the winter I forgot how to speak my mind
Was like a nation's flag but my breeze was too weak
Had to drag me to the hospital, said I had gone deaf
But I heard everything they said, it's just I had no interest

Music critique ain't your bag, Peef.

(Yes, everyone at Penn State is either Peef, an amorphous, cheering white mass, or Joe Paterno, in my mind.)

Tracks such as "We've Got Your Back (Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #2)" and "I Warned You: Do Not Make An Enemy Of Me" infuse repetitive choruses and basic beats reminiscent of punk-rock's essential band Taking Back Sunday.

In "I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed, Just So You Know," the band channels its inner Vampire Weekend

The heaviest influence on the album is Bright Eyes

....wow.....

It'll be an interesting wrinkle to add to this whole thing once Peef meets her at a party and inevitably fails to seal the deal.

Taking Back Sunday is punk rock's essential band?

Taking Back Sunday is punk rock?

Punk rock has a hyphen in it?

I'm not sure if I'm perplexed more by the review or by the fact that someone from Penn State has heard this album. I literally only know one other person here who's even heard of Los Camp!

Threads like these make me hesitant to go into journalism.

Then again, I could just refer to every album as a grower, and I would never be wrong. Just far more patient than my readers.

Taking Back Sunday is punk rock's essential band?

Taking Back Sunday is punk rock?

Punk rock has a hyphen in it?

I consider it impressive that they managed to plug them in a Los Camp review. You can find connections between any parts of our culture if you're insane/determined enough. Next we'll find out that Plan A is the most politically insightful track of the year.

Back
Top Bottom