Desert Island VII Master List, Part Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. I liked the Ryan Adams song quite a bit. And I Wanna Be Adored is a classic. The next few songs didn't make strong impressions on me one way or another. They weren't bad, but they didn't stand out, though I've been told many times to listen to Japandroids. The vocalist from Frightened Rabbit sure has a thick accent! Oh, yeah, and people might hang me, but I don't like Morrissey's voice, but it went well with the Interpol track. I'd never heard Gotye, but the song was alright. Dion->the end of the list was pretty excellent. Usually I haven't cared much for LCD Soundsystem, but I liked that one. The guitar near the end felt like a Dear Prudence shoutout for sure. The U2 remix was interesting, for sure, too. Better than a lot of them.

and now i have finished with gaffer tape's list.

i expect it to feature in the higher realms of my rankings.

i am nowhere near the fan of Lady Gaga as a great proportion of this forum seems to be, so while i'll admit Bad Romance is catchy, it's not the music i'm into. you then followed that up with hands down one of the very best songs of last decade with B.O.B., and the rest of day one was pretty great.

like Andrew i've never cared much for REM outside of thinking they're an ok band. Life on Mars? is just one of the best songs ever, in my opinion. I Don't Like Mondays i've heard too many times on golden oldies radio to say i enjoyed, the same with that Supergrass song. Lost! is fantastic, and i was, i have to say, a fan of Ghetto Gospel.

day three was pretty great as well, some great choices given i'd heard none of them before. Off He Goes was terrific, the Bob Dylan track was one of the better i've heard of his. surprised to see Fountains of Wayne in there, i sincerely thought they were just a one-hit wonder. i wouldn't myself however call the Blur song great.

nice job :up:

Damn, knew there was something important about today's date. Will have those done by this evening, sir.

I'm marathoning it. I listened to namkcuR's, just finishing Axver's, and then going to start NSW/Lumpy's presently.

Still waiting for the following to send in their rankings:

AtomicBono
bono_212
cobl04
Cute Irish Bono
Imperor
Joey788
liamcool
Mr. V
namkcuR
NSW
The Sad Punk

Need them ASAP please.

The only people that I truly am unsure of their status is AB, namkcuR, and CIB, as they haven't been on Interference lately. Everyone else has at least been around (or is in contact through others) and therefore should be well informed.

alrighty... done with the V Man's list.

to be honest i don't think there was a song i could say i disliked. it all went terrifically well together, and there were a lot of slight similarities in artists that were grouped together which i thought was really cool. (i was so pleased with myself when i said i bet the Los Camp! song is next, during the Japandroids song).

i've never been a White Stripes or an Arctic Monkeys fan but enjoyed both, loved the Wild Beasts song, and the interlude part of the JT track was awesome. The Chamber > Are You a Hypnotist?? was seamless, and from pretty much Stone Roses on it was really great. very strong finish with the last four, though i was expecting better when i saw my boys Hot Chip had remixed COBL.

and now to rank

Yeah, it was very difficult to rank these. And it seems that it was that way for most people, because as of right now, there are SEVEN players who can win this thing. That's how close it is.

Which is why it is very important that I get everyone's rankings in ASAP. It's going to have a major impact on the final standings.

Apparently Lemonmelon forgot to attach my list to his pm, and he just now realized this. So...hang on one second and it'll be there.

Which is why it is very important that I get everyone's rankings in ASAP. It's going to have a major impact on the final standings.

Which is why I waited so long to send Ashley's in; everybody loves a last minute deus ex machina. Just look at Hollywood. :wink:

Well, here's the deal gang.

I'm still missing six rankings. They are:

AtomicBono
Imperor
Joey788
liamcool
Mr. V
The Sad Punk

Now, I know Bonnie's is coming, and others have been around, so hopefully they are gonna send me something soon. But if not, please keep in mind that I can't include you in the final results if you don't send me anything. If I included someone's playlist without receiving rankings from them, they are unfairly getting one extra ranking, and thus the results get skewed. Can't have that.

It's simple to just not use a person's entry who doesn't wish to do a ranking, and I'll remove them if need be, but I want to give those folks one last shot. With liamcool and Mr. V, their PM box is full, so I've been unable to ping them. Hopefully they will read this and act.

However, if in an hour or so, this remains unchanged, I'll leave it to the rest of you to decide if I should proceed with what we have, or delay by a day or so. I'm good either way.

I'll be back in a bit.

impy is always around, so surely someone will be able to alert him to the fact he needs to send rankings in. just a profile comment perhaps? the same for Mr V a profile comment? he's around as well.

liam i have on facebook so i'll hit him up on there.

Yeah, it was very difficult to rank these. And it seems that it was that way for most people, because as of right now, there are SEVEN players who can win this thing. That's how close it is.

i reckon i'm going to win! :)

However, if in an hour or so, this remains unchanged, I'll leave it to the rest of you to decide if I should proceed with what we have, or delay by a day or so. I'm good either way.
this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i say go on without them if they don't attempt to make some form of contact with you or someone else participating. the deadlines have been mentioned many times so it's not like no one knew.

I'm going to give it another 24 hours, if that's ok with everyone. I think we'll get a couple more between now and then. The results are so close that I want to be able to say I gave everyone more than enough chances to make a difference in the game (although I probably already have).

So be here this time tomorrow night and look for the thread. I hope that doesn't screw anyone up who was around tonight.

Waiting a day paid off. Received three more rankings overnight. I think we're good now. Impy has pulled out (insert your own Lance's Mom joke here), and AB hasn't been around for over a month, so we've lost two. The only other person left is Liam. He's got about 15 hours to get his in.

Impy pulled out? I'm not going to make a joke, but I liked his DI a whole lot. It was ridiculously high on my list for such a short compilation. I've been chillwaving like a sucka ever since I heard it.

Impy pulled out? I'm not going to make a joke, but I liked his DI a whole lot. It was ridiculously high on my list for such a short compilation. I've been chillwaving like a sucka ever since I heard it.

Same here. In fact, I think I ranked it number one...so, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom