Best Of 2000s - Desert Island Spinoff Tournament IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was kind of hoping this would be a full length DI. My draft list is already over 2 hours. This is going to be fun to cut down. Why do so many of the best songs of the 2000s have to be so long?

Yeah, tell me about it! My favourite Porcupine Tree songs are 12, 14 and 17 min long. :lol: Of course you're probably referring to all your post rock and instrumental stuff.

Yeah, tell me about it! My favourite Porcupine Tree songs are 12, 14 and 17 min long. :lol: Of course you're probably referring to all your post rock and instrumental stuff.

I want to use Transatlantic's Stranger In Your Soul. It's, uh, 26 minutes long.

1. phanan
2. AtomicBono
3. LM
4. LMP
5. oneblood
6. Mr. V
7. Axver
8. bono_212
9. Irishteen
10. The Sad Punk
11. phillyfan26
12. GAF
13. impy13
14. Zoots
15. Screwtape

Still got one spot left, although with the method that we are doing this, we don't necessarily need to fill it (score one for flexibility).

I think I have a list but I'm not sure it's a shortened version of a longer list I made before not sure if I made the right cuts or not...

If there are more than 2 Morissey tracks here, I will punch all of the pansexual people on the planet.

No, we'll just add you now. Another nice thing about doing it this way is that we don't need to have a specific number of players, as we're just doing a simple ranking.

Besides, I'm sure there will be a couple of people who decide not to do this anyway.

1. phanan
2. AtomicBono
3. LM
4. LMP
5. oneblood
6. Mr. V
7. Axver
8. bono_212
9. Irishteen
10. The Sad Punk
11. phillyfan26
12. GAF
13. impy13
14. Zoots
15. Screwtape
16. Lancemc
17. Jive Turkey

Awesome, thanks. Now are we creating playlists purely based on the best songs or should these playlist have a flow to them (sometimes at the expense of a better song in favour of one that fits better)?

That's a personal choice. People tend to try to go for some flow*, but it's really up to you.

*WTF?

Just pay a little extra and all your low-flow issues will be solved:

6a00d83451e0d569e20120a51cf2c3970b-800wi

Sorry :huh: must be from the Tampax photoshoot I was working on all week. The menstruation puns were flyin'

Could I jump in then if possible? Haven't did one of these things in a while now hmm If not no worries!

Btw Phanan, are you strict about the time limit of 1:20 or can it go a few seconds over upto about 1:21? It is really difficult to fit all these songs into 80 min without omitting something. One could easily make 2 discs worth of this stuff!

Just as I was about to be productive and do homework, my university's website system is stupid, and I am being forced to procrastinate by doing my list. So, I went to iTunes to make a playlist of all of my songs from the 2000s to "narrow" down my choices. Yeah, going from 19,000 songs to almost 12,000 is not much of a narrowing. :lol: This is going to be a tough list to pare down...lots of stuff will be left off. Oh well. Now the real work begins.

Awesome, thanks. Now are we creating playlists purely based on the best songs or should these playlist have a flow to them (sometimes at the expense of a better song in favour of one that fits better)?

Think of it like how you'd make a mixtape and I think you'll be fine. Flow n' shit* is welcome, but that's stuff you can work more on in the 2 CD-length list than just a single.

*WTF

And, I think I have a list. Gonna let it simmer for a few days and see how I feel then, but so far so good.

Hang tight for a few days LJT, and we'll see how this shakes up. I don't want too many playlists where it becomes harder for people to listen to them all.

Will do captain:up:

i personally wouldn't leave out a better song just because another one fits better. I think the idea is to pick the best songs, and then arrange them to flow* as best as you can. but some people might have a different philosophy. you must decide these matters for yourself.

*¿

Yeah, I'll drop out of this, sadly. Big week/fortnight of uni, sport and drinking ahead of me, so I won't have enough time to give this what it deserves. One of you other fuckwits can take my place. Count me in for the proper DI though.

Back
Top Bottom