Prayer Request for Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
If you all could say an extra prayer for my mother I would be grateful.

She is 57 and was diagnosed with lopus 20 years ago which nearly killed her. She has had various flare ups since, but she has always been so strong and beat it into remission.

Lately she has had extreme pain in her hands and joints. SHe was told she had arthritis and osteoporosis (sp?) but after her doctor visit a couple of days back the results are frightening. The doctor has told her that her bone density is almost gone. You could see through her bones on the x rays and something as simple as a plate dropping on her foot or hand would break it .

I can't imagine if she were to fall down and break a hip or something. Her mother passed away that way, though she was 83.

And to top it off she leaves to go on a trip tomorrow! Like stay home mom! I am scared silly for her, she is the person that I love more than anyone on this earth. I want the pain to go away for her and her to heal and enjoy the flowers and trees and other things that she loves so much.

I dunno I have seen her deteroriate some lately and I can't explain it in how it feels. I know she can rebound though, with faith and determination and prayer from other caring souls.

please help
thanks
z

God, I'm so sorry to hear this, it seems like such a young age for this to set in, my prayers are with her, and she is lucky to have you in her life

Best Wishes, and God Bless

I'm sorry zedge to hear this. I'll say prayers for her. I hope she stays safe and healthy and also so that you do not have to worry about her so much. I'm sure, however, she is very grateful for you in her life.

mom's are the best

z edge said:
And to top it off she leaves to go on a trip tomorrow! Like stay home mom! I am scared silly for her, she is the person that I love more than anyone on this earth. I want the pain to go away for her and her to heal and enjoy the flowers and trees and other things that she loves so much.

:sad:

i am so sorry to hear of this z. i will be sure to include her in a special prayer.

*hugs*

Dear Z,

Don't worry darling... God doesn't give us more than we can take. Sometimes we suffer this unbearable pain, so big, we can't even explain...
There's no consolation for this kind of situation, except prayers.
Even though I haven't met you yet (and I don't think it's important), sure I'm going to pray tonight for you and your beloved mother. :(

I can tell you another thing too:

It's just a moment
This time will pass

Lucy.

Thanks for the Prayers everyone, please keep it up if you can. I think she will start her medication as soon as she gets home sunday eve or monday. She is going to see her dad who is 90 and starting to have a couple of problems of his own.

Anyway thanks, I want to update you all when I feel something has surfaced as to indicate we are being heard!

Bless you all

you and your mom will be in my prayers. i understand how difficult it is to have your mom sick.

smileyhug.gif

*hugs z edge*

you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers

Will do!

Dont worry, itll be ok. Moms are so tough! I can imagine how terrified you are though, very easily...

I too, love my mom very much, and in a way I love her more than anyone else on earth. And she isnt doing so well either. She was pretty sick last year, and we both went through some extremely traumatic experiences. We're lucky to be alive.
Now she's doing ok. She still doesnt look great , so I'm still worried, but she's much better. She is pretty upset though because she needs a place to live, and wants to be able to see me more. We rarely get to see each other now. She needs so much help, and I cant do much for her at all. It sucks and is very frustrating and makes me feel so horrible - so guilty, sad . She's done so much for me and I cant even repay her. At least not right now. :slant:
I dunno what else to say except maybe you could do some research, possibly find soemthing that would help her at least a little bit? DRs wont tell you everything, and theyre always in so much of a rush that they usually just tell you the basics. And the ones your mom has seen might have forgotten something, or not been aware of every possible treatment or new way to bring her some relief. I dunno, its just a thought. Thats what I would do. Ask around, check the net.
And I'm sure just your presence makes a world of difference to her. Thats how moms tend to be... :rolleyes:
I cant possibly believe just talking to my mom and visiting her makes her feel that much better. Sheesh!!! :rolleyes: :p
Good luck!! :)

Last edited:
again thanks everyone so much

Lovey Dovey
I will add you to my list and your mom too

thanks everyone too again

it is touching too to see someone half way around the world with such a kind comment (flyingdutchman thats you)

thanks again and GOD bless all of you
i will say a special prayer for you folks

i actually pray for the entire world every time i pray, so you are covered there- but you all will get special time too in my prayers

thanks
and love

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That last post and all this caring and love just brings tears to my eyes...
Or it would if I'd allow myself to stop being a bitch for just a sec... :evil: :p

Its almost enough to melt a little devils cold jaded heart...almost...:macdevil: + :heart: = :angel:

z edge, you and your whole family will be in my prayers. Please keep us updated as to how things go. We're all family here, I think (of a sort) and we get to carry each other. Walk on. *hugs*

Back
Top Bottom