IO: The roommate from HELL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't think the story was going to drag on for that much longer, to be honest. I had the impression that after your first post the matter would be dealt with easily, but no, the plot thickened.

The next step is to make a film out of this. /half serious

It's funny because right after I wrote this here a month ago I figured I wrote so much that I best not let it go to waste, so I posted it on the other forum I'm active on. And they were begging for more of the story?

This seems to be entertaining, and all I really set out to do was vent. I should vent my life, and publish that shit.

I'd read the shit out of it. I guess you'd have to sacrifice your sanity, though.

Oh man. Well at least you're going to be living somewhere else...it's amazing the stuff that can go on in college, ugh. I'm definitely thinking whatever roommate troubles I (hopefully won't) have in the future are definitely zilch compared to that...

Harder to get this kinda issue with girls... although that being said there's just a whole nother list of categories that you can get. You should be fine though. I know people who got bad roommates, but nobody got as shit-screwed.

Then again, I also have myself to blame for being too nice a person at first.

Yeah, girls don't tend to date-rape people...although I've definitely met people who'd totally do the not cleaning up and the never paying people back. I'm thinking the worst it'll be would be if a) we absolutely hate each other's music, b) the inevitable 'can you please leave I want to have my boyfriend over' >.<

I think the problem's not that you gave him the benefit of the doubt at first but that he's just probably really used to screwing people around and taking advantage of them. It's a normal reaction to not assume someone's horrible. He obviously used that to his advantage.

I decided that I'm a better person than he is, and that I just want my money back.
So, lucky for him, the Student Conduct report did not include his potential date-rape or possession of illicit drugs.

nah, getting him thrown out of housing is a good thing. or school entirely, since rules and regulations sort of exist for a reason... he can't handle acting like a civilized human being at this point in his life, let him go back home to mommy. if she can afford to baby him for the rest of his life, then so be it. otherwise, she's eventually going to get sick of his crap and toss him out as well. he'll probably never get it, and continue to try to leech off people for the rest of his life, but there's not a whole lot that can be done about that aside from hope that he doesn't run into anyone who is pathetic enough to allow him to leech off them for too long.

i still can't figure out why you guys 1) brought him to the football game with you and 2) didn't leave him behind when you had to pry the 10 bucks out of him. and gambling is always fun--get a pool going: how long til dipshit manages to get back to campus? day/hour, however you wanna set up the bets. make yourself back the money he owed you. ok, maybe that last bit is stretching it, but i definitely would have left him behind...except that after living with a fair share of douchebags myself, i know it's better not to socialize with any of them once they've been determined to be douchebags.

FYI, Mommy is the one who made him that way because she's just as cheap and crooked as he is.

That's fine though, I'm not going to be responsible for his removal anyways. He probably will be, considering there's no way he's passing any of his classes. What goes around eventually comes around.

1) It wasn't you guys, it was just me. And that's because one month into school he didn't seem like that bad of a person. You can talk hindsight all you'd like... but it's just that. Hindsight. 20-20.

2) Didn't leave him behind? Where? Sorry if I don't remember everything I wrote but when was leaving him somewhere (other than in Miami) an option?

Is the trolling attempt really necessary?

Whatever, I'm not a crazy fan of my own school. They haven't done much for me, anyways.

I've had run-ins with similar dudes that go to UCF. Just saying that the school sucks.

Alright.

Where do you hang out around campus, if you don't mind me asking? Waterford Lakes? Downtown? Winter Park's not too far away either.

Definitely don't go downtown unless there's something going on. I'll be there on Friday for The Airborne Toxic Event. My new apartment is at Waterford, so I'd say that's mostly where I have and will be hanging out.

Waterford is a utopia. Jimmy Johns, Moviestop, Barnes & Noble... it's all you need.

If you do go downtown, iBar and Backbooth have cheap cover.

Yeah, I really do love Waterford. All brand new, and literally everything you'll ever need surrounding the area.

I'm not too big on clubbing, and not 21 yet so I tend to stay away from bars/clubs anyways. Tend to do most of my consumption in a quieter setting, regardless.

I'm not big on the clubbing/bar scene either, nor am I 21, but those are two fun joints for a night out.

Orlando's a fun place. I didn't get a chance to explore it much until my senior year of high school. Never been a fan of the UCF campus, it's a little too sprawling and oppressive for my tastes. Oh well.

I don't mind the campus itself, although that's because I spend the majority of my time inside the Burnett Honors College. We're kind of secluded and shut off from the rest of campus. I do enjoy the fact that it's a big walking campus, though.

It's very oppressive if you live there on campus, I can tell you that. I need more fun nights, that's for sure. I'll keep them in mind, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom