IO: Bart Simpson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be because I knew the animation improved, but the first season's artwork has never once bothered me. Like I said, I pretty much am head over heels in love with season 1.

In an April 2006 interview, Matt Groening said, "I honestly don't see any end in sight. I think it's possible that the show will become too financially cumbersome... but right now, the show is creatively, I think, as good or better than it's ever been. The animation is incredibly detailed and imaginative, and the stories do things that we haven't done before. So creatively there's no reason to quit."[186]
I think The Simpsons should have ended a long time ago, people is getting tired of it

I thought that the movie was surprisingly entertaining. Its overall quality is far superior to the concurrent episodes. It has several brilliant gags and a bit of the authentic heart that left the TV series sometime around season 10. My major complaint about it is that my favorite character, Burns, is almost entirely absent. Why they didn't work him in as the primary villain is beyond me.

Same I really enjoyed it as well, and considering it was up against so much pressure it was very good.

I too thought can't help but think what would have happened had the movie come out after season six or something though.

Why is Burns your favourite? I always loved Ned Flanders. I love how he has the body of Mr Universe.

i still can't believe they released a decent, rewatachable movie amongst all of the awful episodes they're been putting out.

the disparity in quality is even clearer since the classic episodes are on one channel at the moment and newer episodes that i don't even bother to watch are showing on another.

Why is Burns your favourite? I always loved Ned Flanders. I love how he has the body of Mr Universe.

Flanders is a close second to Burns for me. I love Flanders, but Burns' combination of incompetent villainy and absurd archaism really speaks to me comically. I love how he is constantly making references to the late 1800s and early 1900s, and many of my absolute favorite episodes - Last Exit to Springfield, Trouble with Trillions, Brush with Greatness - feature Burns heavily.

I agree with Conan O'Brien: "If I could get paid to sit on an island all day, drink wine, and think of weird crap for Burns to say, I would have my dream job."

Perhaps my favorite Burns line: "I'm going to make such love to you, you'll forget all about Rudolph Valentino."

Oh man, the movie. The movie is so wonderful.

It didn't even occur to me until just now, however, how little a role Burns plays. That is unfortunate :(.

tumblr_l9yzbuf48k1qcjem1o1_400.gif

I've had a hard time watching anything with him in it. So depressing.

Yeah. The only silver lining there is that they never got a chance to spoil the character. Hutz never strikes a sour note throughout the whole series.

Yeah. The only silver lining there is that they never got a chance to spoil the character. Hutz never strikes a sour note throughout the whole series.

This is true, even in some of the fairly shitty episodes that he last appears in, like Realty Bites, Hutz is the best character by far.

He and Krusty are my favourite characters, for the record.

He identifies himself as "a magnet for foodstuffs." He boasts that he will banish dirt to the land of wind and ghosts.

You don't make friends with salad.

Brilliant.

iYup, and others, did you hate the musical episodes as passionately as I did? That one, where the family is singing and Snake breaks in singing, is probably my least favourite ep (though I haven't seen any from the last few seasons).

I also like the Mr X ep, when they get stuck on the island and are regularly knocked out with flu shots.

iYup, and others, did you hate the musical episodes as passionately as I did? That one, where the family is singing and Snake breaks in singing, is probably my least favourite ep (though I haven't seen any from the last few seasons).

I'm with you there, Cobbler. "All Singing, All Dancing" is probably my least favorite episode of the classic seasons. I suspect, though, that if you were to watch anything beyond season sixteen, you would find a new nadir quickly.

I'm also a huge fan of the Mr. X episode. Season twelve has some fabulous episodes in terms of sheer comedic value; Mr X, "The Great Money Caper," "HOMR," and "Bye-Bye Nerdie," among others, are all very strong efforts.

Paint Your Wagon is fucking genius though.

"Oh, thank God. It's Lee Marvin. He's always drunk and violent!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom