I'd like to know your opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marien

Refugee
Wow, this is the first thread I start and I'm a bit nervous, I've never posted here, but I check the board quite often. I'd really like to know what you think of my modellings, please, remember I'm just an amateur.

this is titled "solitude"
Myworks007.jpg

"the night"
Myworks013.jpg

Myworks015.jpg

this one in untitled
Myworks022.jpg

Myworks020.jpg

Thank you!

You want my opinion? You are VERY talented! I especially like the untitled one but they're all impressive. I hope you'll keep on making these because you really have the skill. :up:

Thank you very, very much for taking the trouble to answer me.

It happens that some people round me are saying I should take my hobby a little more seriously and attend to classes or so, I know they mean well, but I can't possibly think they are objective, so I wanted some other people to see some of my works and get their opinions. Thank you again.

These are made of high temperature purple clay with (I don't know the name in English) little stones. In Spanish : barro púrpura de alta temperatura (1250ºC) con chamota media.
It is the material I usually choose because after the oven it looks more like stone, and also because the stones inside the clay make the sculptures stronger, so you can work on them for longer, but I also use different kinds of clay, and in different colours too.

Wow, those are really nice. How long have you been working with clay? I just started a sculpturing course this year.

Looking forward to seeing more!

You're all so good, I'm really grateful for your interest.
Sad, I started pottery three years ago in a free workshop run by the local authorities in my district, but it happened the same as BonoFox1 said, I was only making jars and ashtrays nobody used, so I thought about giving up when the girl in charge of the place suggested me starting modelling, there aren't any formal classes on modelling there, but she could give me some attention within the pottery class as she loves modelling, and so I did, it should be about two years ago now.
I've taken pics of some other works in case you'd like to see them. Thank you!
This is the first one I made, it's low temperature red clay and oxides.
Myworks011.jpg

Very similar precolombinan copy
Myworks029.jpg

This is a copy from a piece I saw in the British Museum
Myworks008.jpg

A copy of Thinking Athena
Myworks031.jpg

These are more personal works as the first ones I posted.

This is called "He keeps waiting"
Myworks056.jpg

Myworks055.jpg

And this is a maternity I've made for a friend who is expecting, this is the last I've finished.
Myworks047.jpg

Myworks042.jpg

Myworks043.jpg

And this is the workshop with during the process.
Myworks050.jpg

I love the copy of Mourning Athene and the Mesopotamian guy. Ancient reliefs are awesome. The Mesoamerican statues are really cool, too.

The more personal stuff is great, too. You've got a great eye for structure and anatomy, keep up the good work. :)

fantastic pieces, really!
you should be very proud, you're very talented

Oh, thanks again. I've finally made my mind about taking classes and I'm going to, but not in a formal setting, a local artist has given me permission to work in her workshop and learn from her, but she has asked me to study anatomy on my own. I'm starting next month, after a I finish a project for my job.

I believe I have seen some of your sketches before and was wowed by them. I feel the same about your scultures. They are brilliant!

I am glad you are going to continue studying, and how cool to work in a studio with an accomplished artist. Please share with us in the future. Wow!

Oh, thanks again. I've finally made my mind about taking classes and I'm going to, but not in a formal setting, a local artist has given me permission to work in her workshop and learn from her, but she has asked me to study anatomy on my own. I'm starting next month, after a I finish a project for my job.

Can't wait to see more of your stuff :up:

Back
Top Bottom