I wonder if they would remember me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
I won't say anything becaue jealousy is a bad, bad thing
biggrin.gif

but do you have more details on that night?!?!?!?!

------------------
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground...

*sigh*
It's stories like that make me wonder if Australia really IS the "lucky country"... One day dammit!
Well done ChiTownGal... I'm happy for you, really!
smile.gif
And I've been led to believe that Bono does have a REALLY scarily good fan-memory...
*fingers crossed for you!*
smile.gif

A few years ago I was in the right place at the right time by accident and literally ran into Bono, the Edge and Larry at a pizza stand in Kansas City. We were invited to go hang with them, so we all danced until 4 a.m. They were much fun...

I might be seeing them again in Chicago in May since by association I'll be a guest of PJ Harvey- I'm not the hot chick I used to be but I'll do my best to look somewhat hip. I'll post if I get to chat w/ them again.

Here's to chance and circunstance
wink.gif

------------------
i blame myself for being too much like somebody else, never thought i would just bend this way
then a phone call made me realize i'm wrong...
---4am---

Here's the scoop on that night: the band was in town filming a video and I was there for a wedding. The bride, groom and a few friends and I were all down in Westport, a hip area of KC. My friend Jenn is a rabid U2 fan (worse than me) and the groom said to her as she was taking a bit of pizza, "Hey I think that's Bono!" She turned and he was standing right by her with a grin on his face, and she literally almost choked on her pizza. He looked at me and sadi, "We're going to the Hurricane if you want to go dancing" So, we joined the entourage and went to this dance club.

There was a DJ out on the patio and about 25 of us went out there and danced. The model from the video bought my friend and I some punch. Finally at 4am my friend and I called it quits (we were bridesmaids the next morning, after all). I managed to give Larry a quick peck on the cheek good bye and told him thanks for all of the fantastic music over the years. I have to say that Larry is better looking in person. Most of the people at the club were too awed to actually dance with them, but I thought since it was a public place, why not?

Everyone asks me why I didn't get autographs...well, they made us feel like we were just a bunch of chums out having a good time. I didn't want to spoil it by admitting how starstruck I really was. It didn't even hit me until we were at the wedding reception telling the story to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom