Why are people like this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Okay - I had gone to Italy in February this year for work related purposes...And in my team , there are 2 people - myself and this other guy. Both of us are software engineers...okay...same designation...Let call this guy "the other guy"

We were given a flat with 2 separate rooms. When we reached the flat, he quickly figured out room with a better heater. And he said "this is my room" .. :rolleyes: The heater in my room hardly worked.

When we reached office next day, there were two places with 2 computers... One place was at the corner of the room...and the other place was on the way where everyone could see your screen when they go for toilet :mad: .. This guy quickly went and sat on the better seat and told..." well this is my seat"..

Then there was this 2 computers on the floor..for mounting ..and starting our work.. When we were there last year , we had a machine...which was very slow... Quickly he recognised which a slower machine...took the other machine...and he got away with a faster computer.

Then the company said only one of us can have driving license made. He got his made. He never asked or consulted or did anything. :mad:

Whenever we were in queue in airports...in Milan or anywhere..he somehow crept at the start without being
in queue.. However I always was always in queue. ( although we had seats adjacent to each other).. When both of us reached inside, I asked him why he did so. He says " he will have place to keep his lugguage better". :huh:

While driving cars, he never stoped for pedestrians. He made a slight turn and got over it but you know. in europe, mostly driving person wait for person to cross especially at zebra crossing. There was many cars which stopped for him when he was walking but still....

At all places, I could have stopped him from doing these stuff..but I didnt want to get into any argument..

:mad: :mad: :mad:

- AcrobatMan

AcrobatMan said:

While driving cars, he never stoped for pedestrians. He made a slight turn and got over it but you know. in europe, mostly driving person wait for person to cross especially at zebra crossing. There was many cars which stopped for him when he was walking but still...

:mad: :madspit: I HATE when people are like this!!!!

Okay this is the latest. - 25th March, 2005. We were 5 friends in the city center. However myself and this guy have some common friends ...so he was among one of the five ( and me too)

SO we were deciding between coffee restaurent 1 and coffee restuarent 2. It was my idea to stop at a coffee shop. :wink:

He said since restaurent 1 would be costly ..lets go to restaurent 2..when we reached there, he saw the menu card and figured out that it was too expensive... :rolleyes:

And then this guy called up someone on the phone...and said..that he had to go somewhere else....Earlier he had said that he was free for the next one hour... :huh:

During the 3 or 4 minutes he was at coffee shop, he has taken some mineral water..and we paid for it..because he left just with the mineral water.

Do you think I should ask him to pay for the mineral water he took...

Or will it be too :evil: because the cost of mineral water was quite less and I wont know how to ask for such less money... It would be like asking 0.3$ or something...

0.3$ doesnt mean anything for any of us....

Its not the money...but the attitude...and given his past history..I am tempted to ask for it.. something like tit-for-tat..

We probably wont ask for it.

..But God...why did you make such guys ? :mad:

Somehow..myself and him..has had couple of arguments...but nothing serious..We are still very good colleagues... There is no point fighting or trying to change him..is it ?

ya like u said, its not the money its his attitude. ask him to pay up, get ur point across

Last edited:
I absolute HATE this kind of people, in my opinion is good to tell him how you feel, just to let the fucker know, but really there is no argument with them so the only thing I can tell you to do is to hit him hard in the face and then in the stomach, it will make you feel good. You might get fired but you'll feel good. :grumpy:

:hug: You'll always come into contact with those people.
Unless you speak up or something, they'll just keep doing stuff to you... until you go explode infront of everyone.

Just don't go postal. No need for unnecessary bloodshed. :wink:

You have to let your co-worker know how much this annoying you. Until you do, nothing will change. Be sure when you tell him that you also have some answers/recomendations as to how to change/repair things.

Good luck

Sevikins said:
until you go explode infront of everyone.

no no..that is never going to happen... because my tolerance level is quite high..secondly..i avoid him all the time.. unless some common friend gets us together...

its better not to mess with office colleague..

and yes.. sometimes i have a good laugh about it at home ..

he sounds like a totasl spaz ..and your probably not the only one who notices..
you sound very patient...
the things that he says "thats mine " or " ill take this"
do you really want them or does he just irritate you by acting the way he does?
if you REALLY want something that he annouces hes going to get pull him aside and let him know this time youd prefer it...see if he throws a hissy fit like a little girl.
im sure its not like he hasnt been told no since his momma used to do it.

carrieluvv said:

do you really want them or does he just irritate you by acting the way he does?

He really wants it. If there are 2 boxes - one box has $5 and another has $5.05 and if he were to get ONLY one of it, he will do anything to get the box with $5.05

carrieluvv said:
if you REALLY want something that he annouces hes going to get pull him aside and let him know this time youd prefer it...see if he throws a hissy fit like a little girl.

Once I did it, one of my friends wanted sweet red wine for himself.
And he also had to buy one sweet wine for himself. So I picked one and he picked one... Both were of brand CHARLIE or something like that. Whether or not it was not sweet we werent sure....both bottles - we put in the same bag.

But after we had bought it, one of the Italian colleague told us only one of that was SWEET ( there was some italian word somewhere on the bottle) - the other one was DRY....

He immediately told " I had picked the SWEET wine"..

I said " None of us now know who picked who, how do you know ? "

I thought a TOSS would be a good option but given his wicked way..

I told " I remember picking this bottle"

He said " you are making this up"

I said " YES..I am making this up but I picked this one . You do whatever I dont care.."

Then he got a bit angry and said " you keep the SWEET one ..happy"

I said "very"

:)

ANyway that bottle wasnt for me.. I gave it to my friend when I returned from italy.. Then what happened....this friend is common friend of myself and " the other guy"

And he kept harassing that common friend till he agreed to drink that bottle of wine with him.

So ultimately he got what he wanted... the SWEET wine...

I wasnt muchinterested in WINE anyway but since I had promised sweet red wine for my friend.. I kept it.. by hook or crook :evil:

Back
Top Bottom