When you've lost that feeling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucky charms

War Child
Just wondering if anyone has taken leave of here for an extended period time and how they came back and were able to post again. When you are gone for awhile and you come back it seems difficult to find the desire to talk again.

Just wondering if anyone has ever been there before and were able to recapture the interest. Would appreciate sharing the wisdom to maybe be able to use it and find a place again.

Thanks for listening

It happened to me :yes:
I was gone for long enough I forgot my username and had to make a new one.
Its hard to catch up on whats going on when you havent been around for a while. And when youre out of the loop its hard to get back in again

I went away for months about 2 years ago. It was easy to start posting again. I spend a lot less time on here than I used to.

I actually find Interference to be a lot different from when I first joined here (about 3/4 years ago). I used to be able to post more garbage. I think that with hardly having an interest in U2 j0w I find it hard to find threads I want to post in. I stick to posting in the same few places nowadays :shrug:

Lara Mullen said:
I went away for months about 2 years ago. It was easy to start posting again. I spend a lot less time on here than I used to.

I actually find Interference to be a lot different from when I first joined here (about 3/4 years ago). I used to be able to post more garbage. I think that with hardly having an interest in U2 j0w I find it hard to find threads I want to post in. I stick to posting in the same few places nowadays :shrug:

I did the same thing when I went away after first joining the board. When I came back after a few months I changed my name, changed the places I frequented etc...and enjoyed it alot more that I did the first time. Flame wars, who need them. :lol:

But this time is different - and I dont know if it is just my age or what, its a little confusing to just find a place where you feel comfortable or a place that you find enjoyable again. just real strange.

When everyone is so excited and frenzied over the tour, I dont know I just have other things on my mind and find it hard to find that common ground right now.

It is good to know you found your way back to somewhere you enjoy...that's cool...gives me something to think about...thanks

I have no interest in the tour, u2, the new album :silent:

I go to IO, the music forum and LS and here and that's about it :huh:

Sometimes.. but more so with another site along time ago.

I spend a lot of time here, I find... it gives mesomething to keep my mind occupied... for better or worse.....

I'm still pretty "green", though. 6 months I've been here?

But I enjoy it a lot. I really do

Lara Mullen said:
I have no interest in the tour, u2, the new album :silent:

I go to IO, the music forum and LS and here and that's about it :huh:

shut up, :lol:

that is actually where Im at as well pretty much. Although I do have a pair of excellent seat to 1 and only 1 show this tour, I was actually considering unloading them as well...because we just bought a house, and we havent sold the condo yet, and well, quite frankly could use the money..until I was threatened with a huge flogging if I skipped out on the tour...the first time I have ever considered such a notion in over 20 years...Ive never missed a tour..and Im really glad Im not the only one who is feeling this way...

thank you for restoring my view of things.

and I mean it, thanks LM...

Back
Top Bottom