Uncle Philk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Yes! Ok, I'm a pretty softy kind of guy anyway. But today has been probably one of the greatest days of my life.

Story Time:
I called my brother b/c we are very very big Chicago Bears fans and we won on a overtime field goal. My brother had not been answering the phone during the game so I figured I'd call him after the game. So I called him ready to say, "DID YOU SEE THAT?" But before I even could, he says "I haven't seen the game yet I haven't seen the game yet!" So I stopped. I said, "What??!? How do you NOT watch this game?" He says, "Well, Uncle Phil, I had very important news to tell the inlaws."

Now, I've never been called Uncle Phil before because I am not an Uncle. It took a second for it to sink in and boom. "What did you just call me?" He says, "yeah, we're gonna have a baby!!!"

So I'm already hopped up on adrenalin and he tells me this! I'm gonna be an Uncle! Lies will be Auntie Lies! I'm so pumped!

Best part...I know before my parents. Muahahaha. :wink:

TheQuiet1 said:
lol. :cute: Congratulations! Now get out there and buy lots of inappropriate but expensive baby things. GO!!! :wink:

Yeah that's the first thing I said! I get an excuse to go shopping... :drool:

Awwwww congratulations Phil! :hug: It's such a great feeling when you discover that you are going to become an aunt or uncle :cute: I still get the happiest feeling when one of my brother's make the announcement of a new addition :cute:

How absolutely wonderful!!!! Being an aunt/uncle is soooo awsome. I have 2 nieces, 1 goddaughter and a nephew and my brother is expecting his second in July. My borhters daughter is just the apple of my eye, shes like the girl I never had!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOTH OF U, UNCLE AND AUNTIE!

Babydoll said:
Congratulations! :hug: That's gotta be amazing news! :cute:
haha, I laugh b/c for the longest time, my brother was veeeeeeery single. The joke was he would certainly be the last to have kids in our family.

Then he got married, and we knew it wouldn't be very long. :wink:

Another thought that comes to mind is "hmm, just another reason to move south." He lives in North Carolina.

Babydoll said:
Things have a way of turning out the way they're least expected to, huh? :)

Where did he live before?

Well. He's actually lived in NC for somewhere around 10 years now. He moved there just out of college. He just never could, or wanted to, keep the girl. But his wife now, Christy, is an amazing woman. She's done some incredible things to my brother. :wink:

No, really they are perfect together. And now there will be a little one. Wow...:D

Got Philk? said:
Another thought that comes to mind is "hmm, just another reason to move south." He lives in North Carolina.

First: Congrats Phil & Lies - being Uncle & Auntie is great. Mr. Blu & have three nieces & two nephews - it's a wonderful way to get our quotient of 'kid stuff' since we don't have any of our own. :yes:

Second: What part of NC does your brother live in? I'm in Wilmington & I could certainly use more U2 fans in this area! Mr. Blu & I are so lonely. :sad: :wink: :lol:

BluRmGrl said:

First: Congrats Phil & Lies - being Uncle & Auntie is great. Mr. Blu & have three nieces & two nephews - it's a wonderful way to get our quotient of 'kid stuff' since we don't have any of our own. :yes:

Second: What part of NC does your brother live in? I'm in Wilmington & I could certainly use more U2 fans in this area! Mr. Blu & I are so lonely. :sad: :wink: :lol:
Thanks!

Do you know of Washington, NC? That's where they live. I looked on a google map and checked to see how close my brother and sister in law are to you.

So, I may be wrong, but it seems as if one could jump on Hwy 17 in Wilmington, and head Northeast a ways and be in Washington! ;)

You're right... Washington's a little town up on the Pamlico Sound, about a 2 hour drive up US 17. Did your brother go to school at ECU?

He did to get his masters. He's a 6th grade teacher at a small school closer to Belhaven. He went to a small college in Iowa for his Bachelors.

My sister in law teaches in the public schools in Washington. They love her because of her ability to speak Spanish.

My Uncle is the principal of my brother's school, and also the man who hired him however. Maybe once I finish getting my teaching certificate in a couple years, I will put a resume out to him and see what comes of it. 2 hours isn't that long of a drive for U2 fans eh? :wink:

Congrats!!!

Being an aunt/uncle is so much better than actually having one :love:

:wink:

U2Girl416 said:
congratulations! it's very exciting and as Lies said...time to go shopping! :)

I'm sure this is only the beginning for your brother. I'm an aunt of 4 nieces and 1 nephew from two of my sisters, and my other sister hasn't even started yet! :lol:

I'm guessing you are very right. They both seem like the types that would want to have lots of little ones running around.

And I cannot wait!

Back
Top Bottom