U2 Or My Girlfriend? Hmmmm.......And Some Self-Indulgent Ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeVox

War Child
it's not that I'm a bad person.....in fact I'm a pretty good guy. If anything I'm a bad son who might've been single-handedly responsible for breaking up my parents marriage by not conforming to their expectations.....I've been struggling with college for 3 years now......I want to eventually get into the UT film school in Austin, Tx........that seems so far down the line......it's 5:05 am here in South Texas and I can't sleep a wink....I miss my girlfriend who lives in Austin and I feel disgustingly lonely...not lonely in any sexual way but just lonely in the sense where you just wish there was someone else in the room....not just the empty silence filled in with the noise of self pity and keyboard clicking......I'd settle for inane small talk right now.....this is really self-indulgent and I apologize......just wanted to come clean in someway or form that doesn't include paying 140 dollars to a psychiatrist....I'm not depressed though I have been before....blah blah blah...does anyone else freak out at the concept of leading a typical life and being mediocre? Am I too full of myself? Is there a huge kick in the ass made of karma headed my way?
Anyways when I was in austin for the weekend (we were driving to Houston for Elevation 2001 that sunday).....we got together with some lifelong friends of ours.....we spent 65 dollars on beer and wine and proceeded to play drinking games til 5 am.......I can totally hold my liquor and so can my girlfriend (which is a huge plus btw)...there came a point where somebody asked my gf if she was as excited as I was about seeing U2.....she said she was super excited but not as much as I was....and threw in the Coupe de grace "I like dave matthews band more than U2"........Lord almighty.....that's when my wicked temper reared it's ugly head and my U2 propaganda spreading ways went into full effect.....I proceeded to playfully scold her for even agreeing to go the concert (trying desperately to hide my rage).....the point of the story aside from my ramblings earlier on....is that in my Guinness fueled state I was prepared to make an example of my girlfriend and break up with her that very night to punish her for showing the U2 empire the proper respect......I'm of course exagerrating by using words like "punish" and "empire".....when I woke up the next morning I laughed my ass off (while holding my head in agony as a searing hangover settled in right above my left eye) at my deluded level of comittment to U2....I was ready to break up with my girlfriend of nearly two years because of her non-commitment......The Happy Ending is: after the concert (which was incredible, better than PoPmart San Antonio 97...which I thought was 15 years ahead of it's time) she said she really had to reconsider her top 5 contemporary bands list......"Holy Cow....U2 really kick ass live!?!?" were her exact words I believe...I wonder if anyone will read this.....I'll fill in Email Notification to check.....I actually feel a lot better after writing this.....I might edit the other crap in the future....

------------------
Saludos!

nah...dont edit this....quite good actually....not self indulgent or anything...just very real.....i enjoyed being in your head there for a moment if ya know what i mean....and i had to laugh about you almost breaking up with your girl-friend over U2....cause if it were me....i wudda....maybe thats why im single and youre not
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom