Sex before marriage....thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
i can't wait until college. i want to meet new people, have new experiences. i WANT to grow up.

I do believe some lyrical quotations are in order:

Baby slow down
The end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart

U2democrat,

a day will come when you'll look back at your high school days and think, Jesus, that was so easy. Everything from this point on gets a lot harder and a lot complicated. When the world starts treating you like an adult is when it really heaps shit on you, LOL.

I know it's a cliche and god knows I didn't believe it when I was your age, but really try to enjoy every second of today. Tomorrow comes and with it, so does nostalgia.

I thought a lot about sex before marriage......

my face looked like this.....

:mad:

U2democrat said:
as i said i've never been in love, i've never been kissed, etc. etc. so my feelings about premarital sex may change, whether they go either way. i don't know, but i think i have PLENTY of time to decide.
Sex before marriage is one thing, but sex before love? Don't go there.

There's way too many guys out there who are just about the sex, rather than a real committed relationship. If you're not sure, find a nice guy, give it plenty of time. You don't want to be stuck with a guy who can't control his hormones.

Who knows, maybe you won't have to wait very long to get married.

I've seen a lot of young couples who have chosen to wait, and they've never been happier. I think if you're going to have sex outside of marriage, you might as well not get married. It doesn't make marriage any better. It's like a pain without a gain.

anitram said:
U2democrat,

a day will come when you'll look back at your high school days and think, Jesus, that was so easy. Everything from this point on gets a lot harder and a lot complicated. When the world starts treating you like an adult is when it really heaps shit on you, LOL.

I know it's a cliche and god knows I didn't believe it when I was your age, but really try to enjoy every second of today. Tomorrow comes and with it, so does nostalgia.

ach ach.

*sigh*

I started reading this tread yesterday, and found it very interesting. Now, i wouldn't be a religious nut, but i do like to go to mass every sunday. However, i don't agree with the "no sex before marriage" rule. I think its wrong to have sex if you ar not in love, however, if you really like someone, i dont see what is wrong with this. Nobody is getting hurt by this. Not that it is any concern to me at the moment (as the girl im in love with, doesnt feel the same way about me), but in the future when im in love with my girlfriend and we have sex, i dont personally see anything wrong with that. However my parents feel very strongly about the "no sex before marriage" issue, and as a result i would feel guilty about doing something that would upset them (even if they never knew), even though i have no problem with this issue at all. And suppose i had sex before marriage, would i not be welcome at mass the following sunday, just because i dont agree with a few small parts of the catholic religion. Its nuts!!!!I would love to hear other peoples opinions.

I used to think sex before marriage was ok, but I was also extremely unhappy with my life and just about everything too. I think having sex in my previous relationships was just so I didn't feel like I was alone. I'm almost 30 now and my views have made a complete turn around in the past few months. No more sex before marriage for me. I already regret what I've done in the past, but I also wasn't in the best state of mind either. That 'born again virgin' stuff sounds cheesy to me, but I don't know what else to call it.

Macfistowannabe said:
I've seen a lot of young couples who have chosen to wait, and they've never been happier. I think if you're going to have sex outside of marriage, you might as well not get married. It doesn't make marriage any better. It's like a pain without a gain.

So people get married only to have sex? I think there's reason enough why people shouldn't get married. They do it for all the wrong reasons.

Melon

I know a couple that waited till married but they didn't wait till their reception I think they found a closet somewhere after the ceremony. They seriously are the most "active" couple I know.

I don't think most people wait for marriage anymore but I do think it's important to make sure your first time is with the right person. A bad first experience can really mess you up and it's not really something you can take back:rolleyes:

it is a personal choice...and personally, i never saw it as an issue.

sex is great.

use common sense in getting yourself involved and there shouldn't be a problem.

I waited to have sex until I was married and I don't regret it. Sex is such a personal, intimate thing that I wouldn't want to ever do it with anyone unless they were completely commited to me (married). It seems most guys don't care about girls feelings and would just up and leave after the act was over. The Bible also makes it clear to wait until marriage.

Back
Top Bottom