Prayers, good thoughts, ear scwatches for my baby..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kafrun

Blue Crack Addict
Many of you know(and wuv) my puppy(she's 8, actually), Evie. Well my girl seems to be unwell all of a sudden. She's been stumbling, showing confusion and other neurological symptoms. A friend of mine, who's an expert on dogs, thinks she may have had a stroke :huh: I'm taking her to the vet asap, so I'm very worried. She's always been very healthy. I need good vibes from everyone, cause I don't know what this all means :sad::pray:

That is all.. :sigh:

Oh dear. That's very scary news. :(

I'm sending good thoughts to you and Evie. :hug:

Thanks, everyone :hug: Will keep everyone posted. I'm not panicking just yet. I hope this is all nothing.

Hoping for the best possible news for you. :) Please let us know how it goes.

My Charger girl and I are sending positive vibes thoughts and prayers for the pup and you. We hope it's nothing too serious but you are doing the right thing. Hang in there and know we are all pulling for you here and thinking about you :hug:

Sending good vibes your way. My pup Luna has had two mild partial seizures (conscious, aware of her surroundings, able to move but leg muscles spasm every 2 seconds or so, and she gets very hot, but after it subsides she's totally back to normal). I've taken her in, and they couldn't find anything wrong with her short of her running her through a catscan, and the seizures were so far apart (several months) there wasn't really anything they can do or prescribe to treat it.

All I know is that it freaks me out when it happens (not quite as much as it freaks Luna out though), and it's one of the worst feelings in the world being helpless to stop it when she doesn't understand what's going on.

Hang in there, and give her plenty of extra lovin in the meantime while you wait on the vet's findings. :)

Yep it's freaky! If it makes you feel any better, my husband has unexplained seizures (spasms, passes out, loses consciousness). It's so hard when it's your pets though b/c they just can't talk and tell you what's going on.

Well I've done some neurological testing on her and it doesn't appear to be any dysfunctions there - that I can tell - and I've checked and cleaned her ears to rule out an inner ear infection(omg, she put up a fight. I've got the bruises to prove it :crack: :laugh: ) She still seems pretty energetic, I just have to slow her down, otherwise she's tumbling over things and stumbling up and down stairs. The other thing I noticed is that she's been keeping her head tilted slightly to the left. My friend is still suspecting that she had a stroke, but we're waiting til I get her to the vet to be sure. I should know after the weekend :shrug: :slant: She may need a new diet, meds, therapy.. I don't care, as long as it's manageable and she doesn't suffer. At least she's still her happy, silly self :love:

Thanks for sharing your experiences too. It helps a bit to know I'm not alone :hug:

Back
Top Bottom