My bf has a crush on..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Start drooling over someone else to get him back....

Or express your desires for someone.

I don't like having to resort to that, but....
Your BF is being unchivalrous, and you should let him be aware of such

boys

:mad:

it's a respect thing. have a serious chat with him and tell him why it bothers you, that it makes you feel insecure, and that you'd appreciate it if he'd stop doing this. ask him how he'd feel if he were in your shoes.

and don't let him pass it off as a joke--if it's making you feel uncomfortable, it's not funny.

if he still doesn't get it, i would simply refuse to be around when he watches the show. if he wants to behave like that, he can do it in his own company, not yours.

"unchivalrous" indeed.

I don't see anything wrong with him finding someone like a celeb attractive. I mean we've all got our celeb crushes, right?

Is he being obnoxious about expressing his appreciation though, like making crude comments or something? Because I can see why that would bother you, and if that's the case you should talk to him.

I agree that it is a respect thing.

I would address it to him, and then call him a boy, instead of a man. Sometimes it's good to question people's maturity... which goes for both genders.

Especially if it makes you feel bad, then you've got to be proactive about it. Don't just leave the room when the show is on or something.

That is one thing that my dad did that I never liked.
It's okay to find women attractive, but it's disrespectful in many ways to act like that in the presence of another woman, especially if you are in a relationship with this woman.

Of course, there is the other option....

showing him why it's better to have you there, in real life, than some girl on TV.... :wink:

Or you could remind him of some bad qualities of his old GF..... :macdevil:

I agree with you For Honor and Dandy. See, I don't particularly care that it's Calista Flockheart, nothing wrong with her or having a celebrity crush..but it's the fact that he thinks that she looks like his ex-girlfriend! In my mind that makes me think he's still attracted to the ex, and whenever he see's "Ally McBeal" that he's thinking of her! I talked to him about it earlier tonight and he just totally didn't get it at all:shrug:

AngelofHarlem01 said:
Calista Flockheart from Ally McBeal..who looks like his ex-girlfriend:no: He practically drools during the show. It makes me feel like crap..and he just doesn't get why:sigh:

:hug:

Sometimes, when my boyfriend is talking about the celebrity women that he finds attractive, I start feeling insecure and self-conscious...because I look NOTHING like those girls!! But then I think rationally...and take my celebrity crushes into account. My boyfriend looks NOTHING like THEM! But I still think he is hot, and I love him like crazy. Therefore, I just let him talk about those hot women...so long as I can talk about those hot men. :D It also helps that we like the same celebrity women, if I was to ever swing that way. :wink:

If those words don't help you at all...and they might not, since part of the problem is that Calista Flockhart looks like your boyfriend's ex...then just talk to him.

if you really wanna go for the kill, tell him you wont have sex with him unless he stops watching Ally McBeal. . .

but that might be too harsh :|

Re: Re: My bf has a crush on..

Bonochick said:

But then I think rationally...and take my celebrity crushes into account. My boyfriend looks NOTHING like THEM! But I still think he is hot, and I love him like crazy.

:hmm: My boyfriend DOES sorta resemble Bono and Russell Crowe, in that they all have dark hair, light eyes, more athletic (and not man-skinny) builds, outgoing personalities....

Re: Re: My bf has a crush on..

Bonochick said:

:hug:

Sometimes, when my boyfriend is talking about the celebrity women that he finds attractive, I start feeling insecure and self-conscious...because I look NOTHING like those girls!! But then I think rationally...and take my celebrity crushes into account. My boyfriend looks NOTHING like THEM! But I still think he is hot, and I love him like crazy. Therefore, I just let him talk about those hot women...so long as I can talk about those hot men. :D It also helps that we like the same celebrity women, if I was to ever swing that way. :wink:

If those words don't help you at all...and they might not, since part of the problem is that Calista Flockhart looks like your boyfriend's ex...then just talk to him.

me too...Mr. Dis has/had a crush on Celine Dion..ha ha ha:shh: and that other girl....oh whats her name...she is starring in that movie The Island..anyway he is in love with her...but I don't take it personally, my crushes look nothing like Mr. Dis, its just fun:wink:

In all reality, I wouldn't have a problem with too much if I knew that a girl and myself had a very good bond

But, theoretically, I could see myself not likeing to be in a situation like that. I'm one of those people who is a stickler for loyalty, and though it may be a form of insecurity on my part, I would be uncomfortable if my girl was swooning over a lot of people. But at the same time, I don't hold doble standards, and I know that I wouldn't be like that myself, simply because I see it as being disrespectful.

I don't think this is too serious a thing, like the others have said.
But I guess it is something to take note of.

Since it's not my relationship, and I don't know the boundires that you two have established, I guess I can't really say much more

good luck :up:

I think if your BF knows it bothers you (if you have talked to him about it)he should keep his comments to himself...my BF gets mad at me when I talk about Adam so I respected him and I shut my trap about Adam whenever he is around:wink: Now I am off to PLEABA!!!:bump:

This thread makes me laugh cause I'm just thinking of what my next boyfriend is going to think when he sees my BONO GRL licsence plates, my framed picture of Bono on my desk from Chicago, and the posters and signed photos hanging up on my walls.....:coocoo:

It'll take a very confident man to withstand that! :wink: :laugh:

For Honor said:
Start drooling over someone else to get him back....

Or express your desires for someone.

Bad idea.

Let your boy friend know how it makes you feel. Males are thick skulled. It usually takes some explaining before we understand.

look, i'm actually gonna be serious here. i think he's doing it just to piss you off/make you mad. i know i would. . . guys have a thing with teasing girls and making them mad. i know i do, and i bet i'm not the only one. i dont know how long it's been going on, but i bet if you play it cool and ignore it for a little while, he'll stop.

if not, i still say go with the no-poontang option.

I used to tell my old girlfriend that I was going to take Keira Knightley to prom, and that she was my back-up plan.

:wink:

Hahah!

ANYWAY, there's a simple solution to this. Don't watch Ally Mcbeal...simple, you don't get your boyfriend leering over some woman and you can watch some proper telly...:wink:

Mr. BAW said:
Nothing wrong with CF...I've always had a "thing" for her but I actually prefer the full-size Dove girls if you know what I mean............. :up:
I know what you mean :wink:

Re: Re: Re: My bf has a crush on..

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:hmm: My boyfriend DOES sorta resemble Bono and Russell Crowe, in that they all have dark hair, light eyes, more athletic (and not man-skinny) builds, outgoing personalities....

Does he throw telephones?

My only celebrity crushes are Alyson Hannigan and (gasp!) Brian Molko.

I dated a guy my freshman year in college who was head over heels in love with Olympic ice skater Nancy Kerrigan. It wasn't a big deal at first because it was one of those famous crushes but then it became a problem because he would insult me because I did not look like her. He would tell me "Sometimes when I kiss you I think of Nancy." "I wish you had a body like Nancy". :| It was disturbing let alone damaging to my 19 year old brain to hear the comments he would tell me. To this day when I hear her name I cringe .:down:

Yeah, on a more serious note, I don't think I would EVER tell someone I was into them because they reminded me of a celebrity. Especially if it led to comparisons. The situation with his ex is quite unhealthy.

Back
Top Bottom