Is it horrible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
I really like this female friend of mine, but I also know she only likes me as a friend. I would very much like to move on, but can't seem to. She is way too nice to me, and the friendship is a rather close one. I think it would be rather cruel of me if I tried to distance myself, to lower the value of the friendship, but at the same time I feel if I don't, I'll never be comfortable trying to go after other women.

Help? Advice?

this happened to me at my dorms last year at uni. i just decided to man up and become really good friends with her, even if it hurt sometimes that we'd never be together. i tried my best not to show any signs that i liked her, other than being friends. what i did to was go for other girls, and make sure she saw me with other girls. by the end of the year she felt the same way about me (sadly i did not find this out while we were still in the dorm), and now we're together. i say go for other girls -- i had already conceded 'just friends' with her, so i thought, fuck it, find someone else. but staying close friends does suck sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom