I'm scared of families.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I'm going to Virginia this weekend to see my family before I move and I'm SO scared that I don't want to go. My uncle's going to pick me up at the train station and I'm staying with him and his wife tonight and my dad and stepmom will be driving in tomorrow. I feel sick because I'm so nervous about it. I'm really uncomfortable around my family and I can't think of anything to say and I don't want to touch anything because I'm afraid I'll break something or someone will think I'm rude. :reject:

Soon I get to stay with Sam's family which scares me even more! :crack:

Are you sure it's not MY family in Virginia you're seeing? Because I have the same reaction to mine...

All day I have been fretting about The Dreaded Summer Visit. The minute I arrive in Virginia I start having anxiety attacks. I spent all morning surfing the net looking for concerts in that area so I'd have something to look forward to--an escape--during the visit. It is nothing short of a miracle that Tori is playing there when I'm going to be there.

if it is of any help megganie...
I once again put my self through an anxiety attack about my recent up-coming family reunion. There was a couple of moments where it could have gone either way and I had a big cry with my big sister over some past hurts. But in the end I had a great time with them.
Try not to anticipate the worst and remember to breath. I have spent too much time away from people, family and otherwise.Things usually work out for the best in the end.
I vaguely know who Sam is..try not to worry. They will love you.

here's a story for you...two of my nephews live in London.Tthey love the place and have no intention of coming home. The single one has fallen seriously in love with an Italian woman who works in London. He is about to travel to Rome to "meet the parents". They work at the Vatican. We all have to go through it at some stage.
Sam's parents will love you

chin up:)

Back
Top Bottom