I'm pathetic.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Refugee

The Fly
I know all you girls can relate to me, for having some sort of feelings for one of the band members at one point in time.
I always said I love The Edge. And I meant it. Because I mean whats not to love. Plus im a guitarist so thats another excuse to bow down to him..jk
anyway, i saved up all of money to go to the hawaii show(my 2nd U2 concert) ...im 16 btw if that makes any difference..
i made a sign =) which read The Edge(Sexy beast) will u dance with me? <3 a guitarist
he saw it during angel of harlem, and i looked into his eyes which are amazing btw and he gave me this gorgeous smile you could say it was flirty and he gave me a wink. AMAZING. and bono frowned at me but i laughed at that.
the whole point of this is im love sick over the edge. real LOVE SICK. i know i am because ive never really felt this way before, or its never been this powerful. im sort of mad at myself for this because its stupid and pointless. I cant have him for many obvious reasons. I just find him so amazing and its extremely awesome how much i can relate to him and how much we have in common..i wont go into detail there. I love everything about him.

;;i do have crushes on guys my age if youre afraid of anything like that. dont go thinking that im closing them off.
i wanted to get this off of my chest and hear what everyone had to say about this. i hope one day ill be able to meet him and just sit down and have a good talk about guitar playing books and what not.
i hope that someone will understand this and have some good advice for me besides "move on".

peace out
~adrienne

Well, I can't say that I've liked a celebrity as intensely as you have, but I can say that I would probably melt if I got a smile and a wink from Bono or some other celebrity I admire. Haha! Well, it looks like one reason why you like The Edge so much is because of how much you two have in common. You probably just need to find someone who shares that much with you. As a band kid, I'd say get involved with the jazz band at your school, if you have one. Chances are that you'll meet a guy as much into guitar as you are. (And not all band kids are scary. I promise. :lol: )

I guess all I can say is to get involved in places where you think you'll find people who like the same things you do as much as you like them. I'm in a variety of groups involving fine arts because that's what I love. I met my first boyfriend in band, and another guy I'm very close to I met in the fall play. Just get out there, and you'll find your own mini-Edge. :wink:

As far as meeting The Edge, I can't really help you there. I think it's amazing that you were able to get his attention with your sign (and Bono's jealousy...bahaha!), and I'd be really proud of that if I were you! I for one wish I could have that opportunity. I'm sure that The Edge looked back on that and said something like, "Wow that was really nice! That fan made my day." Maybe someday you guys will be able to actually talk face to face, but as for now, you've come a long way.

Good luck with everything, and I hope some of that helped! :hug:

Its normal to feel this way about certain celebrities that you hold in such high regard. They seem so cool and confident and live a lifestyle a lot of people find fascinating. I can agree that The Edge is a wonderful man and father and an excellent guitarist.

But, these feelings will fade. Not go away, im sure you'll always admire and like him as well as u2, but you're only 16. Once you feel real, true love with someone your feelings for the edge will seem very insignificant compared to it.

Btw i don't think you're pathetic, im sure they have been many girls and boys in your shoes (even I felt this way about a guy when i was 16) Its all just a aprt of growing up, enjoy it! :)

having been 16 once, i can only assure you that at that age, nothing makes sense. really. nothing. so, just keep livin your life and enjoying it! be free and do what makes you happy :) if loving edge makes you happy then darn it, keep loving him!

just em...don't go stalking or kidnapping him or anything. you don't wanna get into any legal trouble! but it doesn't sound like you're like that anyway. i was jk :wink:

yeahh, but most guitarists now days are into the whole emo scene or something stupid like that they do it not because they love music..thats the only problem
+ my school is small and i know all of the guitarists :(

thanks.

edge=<3

I'm sure an Interference forum is going to find all sorts of fault with someone loving someone as passionately as you do Edge. Once you meet Mr. Right, though, you'll practically forget about Edge. Trust me, it will happen!

16 and infatuated with a rock star...I think many of us can relate! :laugh: :wink: There's nothing wrong with a fun crush, but to say you are "love sick" is a little concerning...well, it sounds that way at least, I don't know how truly serious you are. There's nothing wrong with admiring him and thinking so highly of him, but you also need to stay grounded in reality...and just make sure you kiss your posters when nobody else is around. ;)

redhotswami said:
having been 16 once, i can only assure you that at that age, nothing makes sense. really. nothing. so, just keep livin your life and enjoying it! be free and do what makes you happy :) if loving edge makes you happy then darn it, keep loving him!

just em...don't go stalking or kidnapping him or anything. you don't wanna get into any legal trouble! but it doesn't sound like you're like that anyway. i was jk :wink:

Mia, you've said just the right words :yes:

U2_Refugee, when you're 16, you all have a crush on a rockstar... No doubt about that. If you enjoy the feelings you're having, then so be it :) And, you're NOT pathetic!! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom