IM just freaked me out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Girl you are farrrrrrrrr too paranoid about this IM thing.

LOL.. that does look something like zone's screen name. hehehe.

I dont usually have a problem with random IM's.. its usually someone I know or someone from the forum. Why would you uninstall it? lmao. I'm sorry, I dont mean to laugh.. its just funny to me how paranoid you are about it!

BLOCK is a great option for people that irritate the shit out of you.. keep that in mind!

lol, that prolly was zoney.

hey, if strangers IM ya, just ask "do I know you?" and if they say "I'm xyz from the interference forum" then you're all good (or not I guess, if you don't like them.
wink.gif
) And if you don't want to talk to them, just put them on ignore. No biggie.
smile.gif

*pictures zone getting denied by guacamole

that is seriously cracking me up. he must have been like "wtf?!"

LOL, you don't sound very certain of your reaction to the stranger.

I know what it's like - i get "buzzed" when i am online and some stranger sends me a message via Yahoo messenger. Usually i ignore them and they go away.
Also, i get emails by strangers (i swear i never contacted them in any way before and have no idea how strangers got my email). With those, i usually "check" the name and delete the email without reading it. (usually the topics of emails are so lame and/or dorky i don't wanna know)

Oh my gawd - I'm totally soo lame it isn't even funny.

Sicy - you shouldn't point out my shortcomings - I might start believing them
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I admit it when it comes to this IM stuff I'm a little wet behind the ears...ok alot wet ...soaking wet

I'm such an idiot - what a virgin...

I'm sorry.. really I am.

I guess I dont think about the fact that I have been iming for years now and its soo not a big deal to me.

Its good that you're cautious... or something..
smile.gif

* shuts up now. lol.

Originally posted by Sicy:
I'm sorry.. really I am.

I guess I dont think about the fact that I have been iming for years now and its soo not a big deal to me.

Its good that you're cautious... or something..
smile.gif

* shuts up now. lol.

hahahaha - Sicy no reason to take back the obvious....that I am indeed silly and untrusting....that's OK sista - you can whack me on the noggin any time
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by WhackaMole (edited 04-02-2002).]

Ok,

I have no idea if this happens to other people or not, but this just freaked me right out!

I have AIM installed here but it's totally different than the version I have at home - I think that's because I have AOL at home. At any rate, I got notified but someone was trying to IM me. The name was foreign something like TX*&Hkzl or something. It asked me do I want to accept it or not. I of course said no.

But it freaked me out - so much so that I uninstalled it rather quickly. Is this normal that people can just find you without knowing who you are - I mean my IM name is not a token name and unless you knew me you wouldn't be able to guess what it was.

Yikes, I don't think I like that.

Um.. lol you are TRIPPIN.

"I of course said no"

????????????????

You should accept just to find out who it is first girl, it could be a friend. Then you can always block them later if they are a freak.

Oh shut up - are you kidding me? You mean I freaked for nothing.

Sicy - girl - you mean I should have said yes??? OK now I'm really confused.

Zone - fess up was it you?

Oh man I am soooo lammmeeee if I freaked for nothin...

*gives self huge whack on the head*

I think there is being carful and paranoia. It is a fine line and I think you may have strayed in to the paranoia area just a little.

Sorry to scare you - I didn't even know I was rejected! I kept typing messages...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

This is my free AOL account from AOL - it's a addy they gave me...sorry if you see it again (It starts with TWC.....), it's me. SORRY!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

hehehehe I said freak not scare!!!
tongue.gif
And I'm a newbie at all the IM stuff so be kind in your name calling LMAO!!!

like I said dripping wet-behind-the-ears
biggrin.gif

After I realized my assinine error, I did, yes I did, reinstall...
smile.gif

And I will take the IM oath and promise never to refuse a message again......but if you read about someone in a ditch....with a big stick....and a hot pic of Viggo stuck to my head then you know it's me...could be Sula...but it's probably me
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by WhackaMole:
......but if you read about someone in a ditch....with a big stick....and a hot pic of Viggo stuck to my head then you know it's me...could be Sula...but it's probably me
biggrin.gif

you never know.
wink.gif
Here's a pic you could use tho.
biggrin.gif

333%3A%3A88%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D623%3D587%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A24%3A%3B67%3Bot1lsi

I found it funny!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and I took the liberty of attempting to explain to zoney what a Viggo is. I don't think he is quite as impressed as he ought to be.
wink.gif

Ok then,

Both Sula and I will be in the gutter...along route 66...faces covered in strange substance...well could be drool...both out cold...with large grins on our faces....

*zoney drives along route 66 and see 2 piles in the gutter*

Zoney - look at pictures glued to their foreheads - what the heck is Viggo???

LOL!!!!sorry I'm probably the only one that finds that funny.

stuff like this is the main reason why I keep my IM screen name top secret

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
stuff like this is the main reason why I keep my IM screen name top secret

You're insinuating that people might actually want to talk to you???

wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

actually I'm insinuating that I don't want to talk to any of you

tongue.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

ICQ freaked me out once. It made a ribbet sound!
eek.gif

I told Rafmed what was happening and he mustve nearly died laughing!
biggrin.gif
redface.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom