I still have dead people on my rolodex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still have my deceased grandma's phone number in my cell phone..."Granny"...I can't bring myself to delete it. :(

yeah, i had to take my sister out of my phone book.

sometimes i would look at the entry and think about how she used to be onlt a few digits away.

what is added, what is substracted, and what remains

Reminds me of a beginning scene in Amelie. I still have an e-mail from someone who passed away. And Vegemite's collar which still has his smell. But nah, this doesn't make me depressed :)

foray

combocard.gif

alphabetical indexing device for attaching business cards or writing personal contact information on blank cards.

I knew a girl in high school whose father passed away and someone called asking for him and she answered the phone and said, "I'm sorry, he passed away. Can I take a message?" :eek:

meegannie said:
I knew a girl in high school whose father passed away and someone called asking for him and she answered the phone and said, "I'm sorry, he passed away. Can I take a message?" :eek:

That's happened to me before. After my dad died the contracting company he worked for didn't take his name out of the database and these companies would call wanting to know if he could do a job for them. My mom finally called them and got them to take him out of the database after three months.

Yeah, I still have my brother's number in my cell. I just can't bring myself to delete it. Blah.:sad:

My new job is with an insurance agency that specializes in seniors. A few people I tried to call today were dead...I always feel like such an ass when their widow has to tell me such. This one guy said he just lost his wife last week. :(

I'm too emotional for those calls...gah...I get tears in my eyes everytime.

I also have dead people's voicemail messages saved and they pop up every 90 days so I hear their voice again. :huh: I just cannot delete them.

I still have an email in my inbox from my birthday, March 30, 1998 from my friend Dan. He was my first date, a great friend, and the funniest person I've ever met. Dan was killed in a freak accident three years ago ...I can never bring myself to delete that message.

*sigh* This is making me sad all over again.

Back
Top Bottom