I overslept...two days in a row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am NOT a morning person. :yawn: I like to stay up late, I like to sleep LATE, I always have (unlike most of my friends who are up at the butt crack of dawn on the weekends....*shudder*).

But no matter what time I go to bed, it's the mornings I can't handle...even tho i've been working full time over 20 years, my body clock just doesn't 'get it'. So I have three alarms just to help me get up. But this week, I've slept through them....and twice in a row, GAH! :scream: If I do it again tomorrow, I'll....um, be late again, I guess. :shrug:

what is wrong with me??? :banghead: good thing I work for a pretty laid back company.....and boss!

(I'm sure that Interference has something to do with all this!) :scratch:

I'm in the same situation as you. (except for the alarm)

I have to get at work at 6 am . But after 4 years, I still can't wake up early. My mom ALWAYS has to wake me up. I dunno why, but I tend to wake up until 9am and not earlier. And I always get late. Sometimes I arrive until 10am. Good thing I have this priviledge!

I am very much a night owl. But i have to get up early, i cannot sleep in.
Today i felt so sick when i woke up, and i looked like a train wreck!!!! :eek:
But, i had to press on, no getting out of it. *sigh*
I'm so tired all day, just total exhaustion.:yawn:
Fall asleep at work, etc. :yawn:
I cant keep this up much longer.

HA HA HA

You sound just like me. I oversleep all the time. I turn my alarm off without waking up! It sucks, but what can ya do!?!

I once read that our sleep cycles are set based on the time we are born. So the theory goes....babies are exhausted after birth and want to sleep right away, so if you were born in the morning you'll want to sleep-in in the mornings. If you born in the evening, you'll tend to want to get to sleep early and be up early. If you were born in the afternoon....you're just out of luck I guess.

I was born at 8:00am and I'm certainly the type that wants to sleep late every morning.

Am I making sense? This is why I don't post anymore, this all sounds very silly. :shrug:

I'm going to sleep. :|

oh do I ever feel your pain

NOTHING wakes me up, and not too much can get me to bed either when I am not swimming

and btw, LikeO2, that made perfect sense! it's a cool idea but I am sorry to say I totally blow that theory!

Last edited:
I'll have to ask my parents what time of day I was born. It must have been the crack of dawn because all my life I have HATED to get up early, and I LOVE being able to sleep in. I drove my mother crazy when I was a kid, especially since she is a morning person. She couldn't understand how I could sleep until noon on a beautiful summer day. I routinely hit the snooze button on my alarm clock three times before I finally get up to go to work. (Fortunately my bosses aren't concerned with the exact time I get in most days, as long as I get my work done.) I also never go to bed before midnight, even if I have to be up super early for some reason. I've tried, but I just can't sleep if I turn in any earlier, so I figure I might as well stay up.

Like O2 said:
I once read that our sleep cycles are set based on the time we are born. So the theory goes....babies are exhausted after birth and want to sleep right away, so if you were born in the morning you'll want to sleep-in in the mornings. If you born in the evening, you'll tend to want to get to sleep early and be up early. If you were born in the afternoon....you're just out of luck I guess.

I was born at 8:00am and I'm certainly the type that wants to sleep late every morning.

Am I making sense? This is why I don't post anymore, this all sounds very silly. :shrug:

I'm going to sleep. :|

uhm...well, I was born around 8:30 in the evening...and I'm a night person...I love to stay up till 3 or 4 am and sleep till Noon :shrug:

and Disco...I know how you feel...I have 2 alarms that I set every morning...and I set them an hour before I have to wake up because I always sleep through them :laugh:

One time, I was going on vacation with my parents, who live out of town....I was to catch a flight from DFW and meet them in Houston around 11a.m., and then we were going to fly on to wherever we were going for vacation which I forget at the moment...NY or someplace...anyway....around 11:30a.m. the phone rings and wakes me up :no:

I hear my mom's voice say "Where are you?" "uhm...sorry mom I overslept!" Luckily I was able to get on the next flight out and made it to Houston before our connecting flight left :lol: Boy were they not happy when I got off the plane
:eeklaugh:

I had stayed up late packing and got so tired that when I went to bed I forgot to set my alarm :shrug: :cute:

at least u can sleep

i go to sleep at about 2-4am and then wake up at about 9 - 55 mins before my show Providence is on

I never nap either :banghead: :confused: :shrug:

hmmm...interesting theory....

well, I awoke on time this morning but barely....now watch when I want to sleep in tomorrow, I won't be able to! :mad: I was born about 4:30 in the afternoon, I think....or maybe it was closer to 6:00? Either way, I'm a night owl, and my mom was a morning person, so while growing up, we butted heads ALL the time! She'd be vacuuming at freaking 8:00 AM, and I'd have just gotten home 4 hour earlier! :ohmy: :yawn:

anyway, along the lines of your theory, Eileen, something similar I heard: you know how pregnant moms get weird cravings? I heard if your mom craved something during her pregnancy with you, you end up hating the stuff...for me, its saurkraut! :barf: My mom went ape on the stuff when she was preggers with me, and now I can't stand to even be in the same house when she heats some up for sammiches...P-U!!! I think she's :coocoo: but then, I eat beets right outta the can, which makes my boss want to hurl, so it's all relative!! :laugh:

Like O2 said:
I once read that our sleep cycles are set based on the time we are born.

I'm glad you woke up on time today, Disco! I hate it when I finally get into the getting-up-early zone for workdays and then when the weekend rolls around I can't sleep in! Argh. It doesn't really make sense, but I swear that if the work day was 12-8 instead of 9-5 and I still got the same amount of sleep I'd feel so much better. Maybe I'm :coocoo: ?

Ewww!!!

Discoteque said:
well, I awoke on time this morning but barely....now watch when I want to sleep in tomorrow, I won't be able to! :mad: I was born about 4:30 in the afternoon, I think....or maybe it was closer to 6:00? Either way, I'm a night owl, and my mom was a morning person, so while growing up, we butted heads ALL the time! She'd be vacuuming at freaking 8:00 AM, and I'd have just gotten home 4 hour earlier! :ohmy: :yawn:

anyway, along the lines of your theory, Eileen, something similar I heard: you know how pregnant moms get weird cravings? I heard if your mom craved something during her pregnancy with you, you end up hating the stuff...for me, its saurkraut! :barf: My mom went ape on the stuff when she was preggers with me, and now I can't stand to even be in the same house when she heats some up for sammiches...P-U!!! I think she's :coocoo: but then, I eat beets right outta the can, which makes my boss want to hurl, so it's all relative!! :laugh:

Beets, from the can?!? I'm with your boss on that one - GROSS! LOL

Getting up early was never my thing either, so to get me up and going in the morning, my Mom use to make me hot tea or hot cocoa and bring it to me in bed. She knew I loved it and would sit up to drink it and then I'd be awake and get going. Now you have to understand, my Mom is an "old world" strict, Polish, Catholic woman with 9 children. She had little time for spoiling her kids, but this was one of her sweet, tender moments with us. That's one of my favorite childhood memories. She's 79 years old now and has Alzheimer?s :sad: but you know what? Now I make hot tea or hot cocoa for my kids every morning.

Now I'm going to sleep all teary.

Last edited:
me too ladies......here's and :eek: story for all of you...i also go to bed usually between 3 and 4 and generally wake up around noon...cause i always work afternoon/evenings.....anyway, one day i had a shift at 2 pm.......well, i wake up at 1:55 and look at my clock.....needless to say profanities were plentiful....i called my job and had to tell the executive on duty that i just woke up.....well.....it takes between 15 and 20 for me to even get to work......i made it that afternoon in about 8 :ohmy:.....then the exec asked if i was out partying..............at least he was nice and didn't fire me!!! (i was still on my probationary period, so technically he could have.....)

[edit] i was only 10 minutes late...woo![/edit]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom