I need some advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But what happens if I stay up late studying for a test?

a. I study hard, but it does no good because I didn't get enough sleep

b. I don't get much out of studying because I'm tired

c. Studying all night saves my grade, and I do well on the test even if I'm tired

==============

I suppose it depends on the person and the circumstance. :shrug:

I had a bad day.....

Going to class and seeing my teachers was actually pretty okay. The teachers didn't do any individual conferences or anything...they basically told us to pick up the pace....(see? i'm not the only one who's behind in that school...:wink:)

But that was not the problem...I just don't know what to do about this friendship..where to take it...I don't want to start a fight...I don't wanna end it...but this person's behaviour is annoying me more and more everyday...sometimes i think that's just me being too sensitive...and maybe I am taking things too seriously...

But I can't help it.....I don't want to lose this friend...but whenever I think of things continuing the way they are....:sad:

--------------------------------------------------

I've also decided to drop physics. Because I know i'm going to fail it if I keep going...taking it was a mistake...I was lying to myself when I thought I could handle it...I can't.

How do I tell my parents? I would obviously have to start another course...and I would be behind...but I want to take a course that's more in my field of interest...something I might use later on. Something I actually understand....:reject:

I'm scared....I don't know how my dad's going to react...especially because he's one of the reasons why I took this course in the first place......:|

:sigh:

-------------------------------------------------

FH-your new signature is beautiful.....is there a story behind it?

:hug: Sorry you're having such a bad day!

To me, it seems logical for you to drop physics. If you don't like it, you don't understand it, and you don't do well at it... it's a good thing for you to drop it. Obviously you have been trying to handle the class, but you just can't do it. You should do whatever it is that you like to do. You'll get so much more out of it, and you'll enjoy school in the process. Your parents should honor and respect your decision. Ultimately, it sounds like it is for your own good that you would be dropping physics.

Lemonchick said:

But that was not the problem...I just don't know what to do about this friendship..where to take it...I don't want to start a fight...I don't wanna end it...but this person's behaviour is annoying me more and more everyday...sometimes i think that's just me being too sensitive...and maybe I am taking things too seriously...

But I can't help it.....I don't want to lose this friend...but whenever I think of things continuing the way they are....:sad:

Doesn't sound like this person is a friend...
How can she cause you so much pain but yet you still want to be friends???

blindinglights7 said:

^ yeah... I agree.

=

I guess when it comes to classes, you have to make wise decisions. I'd talk it over with a counselor, or at least explain your reasoning, so that she can help you with other consequating (is that a word?) decisions. Are you going to have a free period, or take up another class, if you decide to drop physics?

Lemonchick said:
FH-your new signature is beautiful.....is there a story behind it?

Uh........ I'm working on it.......... when I have it written out nicely, I'll let you know. Thanks, though.

blindinglights7 said:

I don't know.....I'm trying to think of reasons....familiarity? The thing is....if I'm not friends with this person...too many things will change...and this would also change my relationship with other people...and I'm scared of that...I'm scared of what that change might bring.....:|

And about my courses...I would definetly take another course if i drop physics...I don't necessarily have to...but I know that my parents will make me...(IF they let me drop physics...:| )

I would be starting late...but it would be a course that I actually enjoy...:shrug:

Loyalty can be a great thing. It can also be a horrible thing, if you are loyal to people who treat you like crap. Be careful how you use it...... I know I am.

I've already established, in numerous ways (personally speaking; in regards to myself, I mean), that I don't need other people in order to get by. But this is me, and it might not work like that for other people.

I guess I'd confront her, and say how you feel. If she reacts to your liking, then continue trying to be friends with her. If she doesn't, then find a new direction. I mean, how close are you guys?

She apparently doesn't respect you.
And especially in highschool, you've got to learn how to look out for yourself. I mean, I don't know what it's like there or anything, in regards to how "tough" or rough the school is, but... I've noticed that the amount of respect people give themselves/allow themselves to have in HS tends to carry for a time (as in, you sort of give yourself a starting point for the rest of your life. If you have low self respect in HS, then you tend stay that way through life, until you decide to change it). So make sure you are respecting yourself, and doing that means not accepting it when other people disrespect you. I'm not saying get into a fight, or whatever, no, I don't really endorse that.

But more like........ don't be friends with people who don't respect you. That is a very bad, and dangerous habit t o develop, and I always tell people not to get used to it.

I'm sure there are other ways to spend your time. If you don't have any other friends that you'd like to spend time with, then go someplace where you can do your own thing, a library perhaps. After school programs are good for meeting people, too, but for many reasons, I never did that. I encourage them, though.

Most of all, Lemonchick, you have to find your own way around this problem. Things like this, situations just like this, are going to happen all throughout your life. So I suggest making good decisions now, so that it will be easier to make them later.

Eh..... I don't mean to get so serious, though.

(and I know, "good" is a hard word to define)
But.... just make sure you look out for yourself.
Trusting other people with friendship and things like that is not a bad thing. Just make sure you invest yourself wisely... There's no reason to put yourself in negative situations when you don't need to.

...... I guess I'll stop here.

Sometimes "what would you do?" isn't the best question to ask me, heh :uhoh:

==
(edit - I hope that makes more sense :hmm: )

Last edited:
Thanks....

I don't know how to confront people...I think I may have tried to talk to her about this...but she might have taken it as a joke...

We used to be really close...In a way we still are...I know that she trusts me and she's still very open with me. But I don't feel the same way...I used to....but not anymore...it's like I've been hurt too much..
Today she was telling me something...she actually asked me to read a page from her journal and asked for my opinion...and I felt so guilty about the fact that she puts all her trust in me...yet I can't even confront her about how I feel...and I can't be open with her.

Sometimes I do get that feeling that she doesn't respect me...that's she's just, in a way, using me...but again I feel bad when I think that...maybe this is what they meant by an "unhealthy sense of guilt".

Respect. I guess it's another one of those things I give a lot of but don't expect much of....sometimes i feel that by trusting me she respects me...but other times I don't think she respects me.....

I wish I could be like you....but I've always had someone close...for the first 13 years of my life I had one close friend...many other people came and went...but I had a special bond.

And now i thought i was building that bond again...and I'm scared of letting it go...

I tend to be good at putting myself in negative situations....I think i've done that most of my life....

Can you tell I'm a pisces?:wink:

:) there's nothing wrong with being a pisces. Just know that you are succeptible to other people. My dad is a true Pisces, and his personal life is horrible (but that's because he hasn't learned his lessons yet). It is very important for people like you, regardless of astrology, to find people who DO respect you, even if you don't expect it. Because, especially in this world, it is easy to get trampled, or used, etc. So just know that, and be aware of that.

Personality traits are neither positive or negative, it's all about how you use them. Some things about yourself, we all find, are really essential parst of us, and don't change. For you, and, apparently for my dad, who is also a pisces, your ability to show compassion and forgiveness are legendary... but... you've gotta know how to get yourself into positions that make those traits beneficial

(quick tip - find Cancers and Scorpios, and Pisces too - other water signs, as they are generally good for you). I don't follow astrology by law, but it does help with some things.

DO NOT, as a pisces, DO NOT DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER
yes, that's
NEVER get involved with a Sagittarious. My Dad, and my stepmom, were pisces and sag, respectively, and..... they're marriage lasted for 11 years (probably because for my sake), but..... they were complete opposites (and I won't get into Oriental astrology...........)

But yeah, if you're into astrology, then stick to water and earth signs. I recently found an interesting site, one that actually seemed to say something that could be used....... let me find it...........

=========

Last edited:
http://zodiacsign.mrgoodman.com/zodiacsignsofwaterpisces.html

(note, the link to Pisces on the page is broken, so you might have to actually type in "pisces" to the address bar, or just use the one I posted here to get back to it.)

A lot of things you find on the internet are BS, but at least this actually gives some direction to things you can do, and look out for. If you are interested in astrology, it's a subject I find at least interesting, so I'd be happy to talk about it. Reading over the Pisces stuff, it sounds like my dad, alright...

:hmm: well, some of it sounds pretty negative, but don't be discouraged. My father is still a great man... he just let some things get too estranged, and never recovered.

For a young pisces, I'd recommend taking some time and training yourself to watch out for your negative tendancies, and find places where your positives can be respected strengths, and not abused weaknesses.

=

"Modes of growth" - they list some good stuff.

Wow.....I'm such a Pisces.

They are very loyal to their friends, and will defend them whether right or wrong. It is almost impossible for the average Pisces person to acknowledge a flaw in the person cared for. These are the peo­ple who will deny themselves the absolute comforts of life to further the interests of relative or friend.
:yes:

In fact, they are in many instances abnormally deficient in self-esteem, and this causes them to appear very awkward, and sometimes leads to the belief that all the world is against them, and it is of no use to try to keep up in the race with others.

I'm definetly a lot like that.....I don't follow astrology religiously...but I do enjoy reading about it...and when they describe Pisces people they tend to describe many aspects of my personality very well.....

------------------------------------------------

Do you have msn or aim? I would love to talk more about this...

sure, I have aim, but I never quite got around to getting msn :uhoh: I was supposed to do that for something in discotechqe, or however you spell it, but that didn't happen.

(you can tell I'm a U2 fan)

joshuatreepride is my aim. I am still on old AOL, so my email address is the typical joshuatreepride@aol.com

I'm on most of the time, well, mostly, especially lately.

Lemonchick said:

We used to be really close...In a way we still are...I know that she trusts me and she's still very open with me. But I don't feel the same way...I used to....but not anymore...it's like I've been hurt too much..

Today she was telling me something...she actually asked me to read a page from her journal and asked for my opinion...and I felt so guilty about the fact that she puts all her trust in me...yet I can't even confront her about how I feel...and I can't be open with her.

Sometimes I do get that feeling that she doesn't respect me...that's she's just, in a way, using me...but again I feel bad when I think that...maybe this is what they meant by an "unhealthy sense of guilt".

Respect. I guess it's another one of those things I give a lot of but don't expect much of....sometimes i feel that by trusting me she respects me...but other times I don't think she respects me.....

Seems to me like your friend is sending mixed signals... which means she may not be sure about the friendship. She isn't really comfortable with it, but doesn't want to give up on it yet. With a confrontation, she may be willing to save the friendship.

You keep talking about how she disrespects you... what (if you feel like sharing; it's okay if you don't) does she do that's disrespectful? How is she 'using you' ?

As for being open with her... I suppose you're not open because she is disrespectful to you. She seems to trust you with her personal information, but you don't trust her. Are you worried that she will spread your secrets?

My preliminary signature explanation, heh...

For Honor said:
Alright, I'll try to do a decent job.........

First, the words.
They are a rare quote I picked up on my "journey". It's another one of those things that I have a tremendous amount of "connections" to. Sentimental, and otherwise.

It has to do with loyalty, and my ideals, and truth. In a way, truth is an ideal..... I think I was hinting at that or something in FH's thread II, I don't know. More about that aspect of it at some other time.

As for the image, basically, I inverted some of the colors, and I like it. It was a beautiful lanscape that I found wandering the web. The colors add a sort of dramatic effect, kind of like something wrong happened. You can't really tell what season it is, and it looks like a very mysterious atmosphere. Which I think is important.

ugh, I'm sort of tired. I'll will try to be more in depth later - honestly, I could write at least 1000 words for that picture...

ANd as for the "current atmosphere" - I don't know, I just always wanted to do that, because sometimes a song will be in my head throughout the day, or I'll really feel connected to a certain song at the moment. Or sometimes I'll just keep wanting to sing a song, so, I guess I am compelled to express that. It gives me something to adjust, and fuss about, which is actually a calming thing for me, so, that's why I've done it.

As far as 60 seconds in kingdom come..... if you combine that with the picture, it puts a whole new spin on it, which is kind of cool....

I won't even get into that right now :D

===

Yes, I agree with blindinglights7 - it sounds like your "friend" is sending mixed signals.

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm so happy!!! It's finally snowing!!!

I just went a bit camera crazy...so I'll be posting some pictures soon. :D

--------

About my "friend", I think she IS sending mixed signals...today wasn't so bad. It seems like there's days when things are worse...we'll see what happens this weekend....I'm still not sure about what to do.
---------------------------------------------

Oohh pictures are done uploading!! :hyper:

The view from my living room...
FirstSnow004.jpg

View from my room
FirstSnow011.jpg

FirstSnow009.jpg

Sorry if they're too big...:reject:

I just had my first real snowfall, too, and it is such a wonderful thing! I'll put up some pictures soon, busy Friday for me!!

I didn't get quite that much snow... and none of it's left anymore. Oh well, I'm sure there will be more than enough snow later in the winter.

Last edited:
It's crazy how memory works...

I really don't remember much from when I went to see U2 almost three months ago. I didn't remember much the day after. I just had to kind of put the concert in the back of my mind and focus on school and stuff. But I'm finally starting to get organized and am going through all my stuff from that night. I have some pictures (I really wish I had taken more, but I was enjoying the concert :drool: ) and I have the audio. It feels so weird to go through all of it... it's kind of like, you're re-living it. I started playing the audio... and got that really nervous/excited feeling when I heard 'Everyone... everyone...' It's such an undescribable feeling...

So I'm planning on making a photo album/memory book for myself and for the friend I took. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I want it to be really special. It's going to have the setlist, my pictures, pictures I got online, a cd of the show, ticket stubs... can you think of anything else that should go in it? The real problem is, what do I put this stuff in? I don't want to just use a plain photo album thing... but I'm not sure what else to do. My mom is really into scrapbooking... but I'm still not sure what to do. It would be so awesome if I could get an album cover that's black and red... I'd probably have to buy a black one and decorate it. Thing is, I don't have a lot of money to spend. I spent it all on my concert tickets! Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

==========================

Last night was open mic night at the coffeehouse. Usually, there are TONS of people there. Not a lot of people came last night though. We didn't really have a lot of musical talent there. But anyways, I got to have lots of coffee. A mocha and a mint chocolate latte. :drool: :drool: :drool: And I just had a latte about an hour ago... :hyper:

Hey For Honor, could you do me a favor?

I'm trying to collect as many pictures as I can from my concert. I know awhile back there was a thread in PLEBA with tons of Chicago pictures. Could you do a search for me and tell me where I can find the thread? I think it was called something like 'Chicago 9/21 Pictures' ... I'm not really sure. But would you PLEASE do that for me, since I'm not a premium member???

Hmm, I'll see if I can find it. I'm not sure how to do a search at the moment, or what having a premium membership does to effect it, but I'll check it out.

.... it was in PLEBA?

That's in the direction of what I'm looking for... but it's not the right thread. The one I want is really big. And I'm pretty sure it was in PLEBA. Thanks for trying though.

I'm really hating school right now. :madspit: :mad: :madwife: :yikes: :crazy: :grumpy: :angry: :rant: I'm editing my spanish video... and it's some really complicated stuff. I'm trying to convert some files but I don't really know what I'm doing and it's not working... Of course, this is a group project, but I'm the only one working on it. I can't really blame the rest of my group THAT much though, because nobody else can do all this complicated editing stuff. I can't really either though. :huh: But I have to get this done-- my group is depending on me.

Today was a weird day. Some of it wasn't good...but it wasn't totally bad.

I talked to my teacher and told her that I was dropping physics...she agreed and wrote it in the report. My dad probably got it already...I'm scared of his reaction.

The "friend" issue is more and more complicated every day (or maybe it's just me making it more complicated). I think she's starting to notice the fact that I'm keeping my distance, and that I'm not as receptive to her comments as I usually am. I think she's getting mad...or at least she's acting more serious and not telling me as many things. Now I'm not sure about how I feel about this. I don't like being angry at her...even though according to my other friend I have every right to be...but I still don't like it...because I care about her...even though she doesn't care about me...as much.:(

---------------------------------------------------
I got the new Vertigo DVD :hyper: :hyper:

...and I also saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...by far the best movie for the best book. :yes:

Now I'm really scared of what my parents are going to say...about me dropping physics.

Back
Top Bottom