I hate cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, U2Kitten. :applaud:

I had both as pets growing up and want to have both again (I would have a whole zoo if I could :|), but I will definitely have a cat first for the reasons U2Kitten listed. They're so much more independent than dogs, need less space, and are quieter. I would feel awful having a dog in a tiny flat with no yard and no one home during the day to look after it/play with it.

Got 5 cats now...Meadow, Sprinkles,KC, Lacey, and Socks...

here's 2 of 'em...

secret.JPG

I dont get the comparisons, unless of course they are soley to piss either the dog or cat camp off. But that NEVER happens on Interf ;)

There are clear pros and cons to both as pets. I agree with what you said about men loving cats Sicy. Every man I've known who likes cats has been pretty stable. Its weird and completely unscientific but it works for me.

I dont have a huge problem with dogs in general, it is more certain breeds. Unlike cats there is more variance from breed to breed where cats have pretty standard general traits plus a few breed specific ones. I would never own a German Shepard, Rottweiler, Doberman, Pittbull, or a poorly mixed cross. Some are known for agression and have it so imbred its like asking to be on the 6pm news as the latest owner of a dog which has killed another child. I dont actually get why people mention cats scratching as a huge problem. When compared, a cat scratch is nothing. Dogs have the ability to seriously maim or kill. Give me a cat and their piss weak claws any day.

I love my cats and always will own at least one. I love my dog too, but I know the fact he is a gentle breed is a big factor. If dogs in general were all like him, I would be a dog person too. In general I dont prefer them, but specific dogs are beautiful. I love your chioces for dog too Southern. They're all lovely breeds.

i prefer dogs cuz they are always expectin ya an happy to see u

most cats are like grouchy an don't care, they are the lazy ones!

altho i can compare cats to women bbetter an they look better to look at :)

Cats are happy to see you and go through seperation anxiety when left alone too long. I came home after a weekend away to find mine lying listlessly in the bathtub. His food hadn't been touched. It took him days to forgive me. Cats stinking? No, the litter box can stink, which is what that song was about, but the cat itself does not stink, unlike the body of a dog. Wet dog is a terrible stench! Got nothing against dogs though. Cats and dogs are just like humans, they're all different. Some you like, some you don't. You can't really lump them in an all or nothing pile.

1. You will never feel less evolved than a dog. Unlike a cat, whose duty it is to remind you of its superiority in, well, everything.

2. A dog will catch a Frisbee and fetch things. Unlike a cat that will stare blankly at your pathetic efforts to engage it in such pointless endeavors.

3. Most dogs like to go swimming and will jump playfully into any relatively unpolluted body of water with their humyn companions. Unlike cats, who will instantly de-eye any person attempting to incorporate any form of non-saliva moisture into their fur.

4. Dogs? claws are never too sharp to need declawing. Cats, however, spend hours sharpening to ultimate points their razor-sharp talons o? death.

5. Dogs are living vacuum cleaners in the kitchen, indiscriminatingly consuming any and all specimens of food or food-like matter. Unlike cats, who will sniff a piece of choice, delectable salmon for twenty minutes, then finally decide it?s not as interesting as it was yesterday.

6. Dogs are good at rounding up horses, and make excellent aides to sheepherders and ranch-owners. Cats, on the other hand, are way too small to do any such herding. However, they will pretend that the reason they don?t do herding is they?re way above that nonsense.

7. A dog can be easily trained to protect you and your loved ones, even barking and/or attacking on cue. A cat, however, will sleep right through a burglary or move to a quieter room until the annoying "noise-maker" exits its "sleep space."

8. Dogs actually listen when you command them to speak, shake, sit, or stay. Unlike cats who take three years to recognize their own names.

9. If a dog is big enough, you can wrestle with it. A cat would much rather sleep, play chess, or do a crossword puzzle.

10. Dogs are social animals, enjoying interaction among members of their own and other species. Cats, in contrast, don?t seem to be aware that anyone or anything outside of themselves exist.

Last edited:
This is truly one of the dumbest topics ever. It just breads contempt in people. It turns into an argument everytime...and why?

They are our pets. Who the crap cares if you don't like a certain animal?

This has been discussed a BILLION times. So why do people start these threads? To piss people off? :hmm:

Last edited:
You don't have to LIKE everyone's animal, but I hope no one who 'hates' a certain animal would hurt one. Some people feel that because an animal they don't personally like is of no value that it's okay or even fun to torture or kill it. That sucks and anyone who would do such a thing should be put away. :down:

For the record I have a cat, and he's gay. I had a thread about him here once.

Last edited:
Holy crap....

When did we start talking about tortured animals? Little alone an animal's sexual preference?

Last edited:
I was just adding to your comment by saying, yeah it doesn't matter if you don't like an animal, that's okay as long as the dislike doesn't extend to harming the animal you don't like. I have heard too much about that and I thought it should be mentioned since too many people take their hatred too far. Not saying anyone here would, of course. As far as the gay cat, sheesh, sorry. I just thought some of you might remember my thread. Sorry I mentioned it.

last i checked this wasn't "zoo arguments," it was "zoo confessionals." and i was simply confessing my hatred of cats as a whole. sure there are a few that i like... garfield for one... but for the most part, i dislike the creatures. people have confessed more arbitrary things than this, and it went by without a thought. but i appear to have hit a nerve with some people... oh well... if you like cats, that's fine and dandy for you. you have every right to do so... and if you're truely happy with those little F'ers, then i'm happy for you. Me, I hate 'em.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
that's because cats are useless animals with no purpose in life but to sit around and sleep all day. maybe if they did something besides rip up the sides of your couch and piss on your shoes i might change my opinion...

So, how does this description differ from one of a chiuaua or a yorkie? Those dogs are absolutely useless!! They have to be carried aroung in a BAG for god's sake!!!! When was the last time you heard about a toy breed dog "laying down its life" for its owner?

Dogs smell, they drool and they are co-dependent. I want to be able to leave my place know that I can be gone for 12 hours and not have to worry about the dog crapping and pissing on my floors. Also, dogs tend to chew on stuff if they are left alone. Who needs that hassle?

My cats are neat, intelligent and respectful of my feelings. Just like Sicy's cats, mine also play fetch.
Cats rule. Dogs are just okay.

Oh for God's sake, why do people have to get so riled up about this? Seems like some people generalize about animals the same way they do about people.

I didn't see you as trying to piss anyone off headache :shrug:

Animals are great because they give unconditional love and don't judge you.

Ok I just saw this post. I love cats...In fact I love them so much that my nickname since i've been a little girl is Kiti. Cats are so smart and you don't have to pick up their poop and my kitty used to give me a massage and go to sleep with me. I miss her *sniff*

Bono's American Wife said:
We're one...but we're not the same :hug:

338%3B%3A68723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232346%3A%3A9538%3Aot1lsi

sorry...I couldn't resist :reject:

Oh sure...no we are going to have people saying it is "Indians vs. Pilgrims" and how the pilgrims were worthless. :down:

:D

zoney! said:

Oh sure...no we are going to have people saying it is "Indians vs. Pilgrims" and how the pilgrims were worthless. :down:

:D

I'm just a muckraker, out to rake some muck dammit :mad:

:wink:

Dogs are great, so are cats. I love my Corgi, but dogs need a lot of time and attention, walks and obedience school to be their best. Cats are easier, certainly... but any pets who aren't trained give those who are a bad rep.

Train and neuter your pets!

I like both dogs and cats and have had both. There are positives and negatives to each of them. Right now I have a daucshund :heart:, we wish we could have a cat too, but he doesn't get along with other animals.

Main Entry: ma?tu?ri?ty
Pronunciation: m&-'tur-&-tE, -'tyur- also -'chur-
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
1 : the quality or state of being mature; especially : full development
2 : something Headache in a Suitcase is lacking

jeez headache, its like your trying to start a fight in here. just let it go already. you said you hated cats. some agree. some dont agree. dont fucking push the issue already. god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom