I got caught singing out loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
in my car this evening. I was sitting at a traffic light with my windows down listening to a local radio station. I just got off of work and was happy that A Sort of Homecoming came on the radio. I turned it up and started singing pretty loud. I was sitting at a red light and turned to pick up my cell phone and looked over while I was singing and saw a man who pulled up next to me in his pickup truck staring at me. He looked at me with a :eyebrow: so I turned up the song a bit more and started to sing louder. :lol: :wink:

I am pretty pleased with myself.

I was singing along to Vertigo in my car with the windows down last week and someone looked over and gave me the thumbs up and started singing with me.

daygloeyes2 said:
I was singing along to Vertigo in my car with the windows down last week and someone looked over and gave me the thumbs up and started singing with me.
A spontaneous U2 moment - brilliant!! :up: :D

i don't always sing, but i will at least turn up the volume and crack the window if a u2 song comes on the radio :wink:

I have the worst voice in the world, and I know it....so I spare everyone from having to hear it.

But, when in the car, alone, and listening to music....I sing. And, if someone looks at me, and I make eye contact, I keep eye contact and keep singing, like this song is now especially for them and I'm some sort of mobile rock star. It never fails to crack me up.

Reminds me of back when cell phones were not so ubiquitous, and I'd see people in NY traffic on their big phones...I'd take my shoe off and talk into it while looking at them.

I was young.

:)

A few years back I was at work and the co-worker I shared a cubicle with (a BIG U2 fan) and I were listening to the radio when "Pride" came on. I started singing along and got a little too loud, and only realized that I was too loud when I noticed other co-workers staring at me! :reject:

i'm always singing in the car. even back when i drove, i'd get really into it. i would still be paying full attention to the road and traffic, but i could air drum and sing too. but now i can devote my full attention to making sure i give air drumming the respect it deserves! :giggle:

i was playing 'sunday bloody sunday' in the car, and i was driving with my permit so my mom was next to me. and it was getting kinda warm inthe car so i rolled down the windows at a red light. and i turned it up a notch and acted like i was playing the beginning drum part and i was headbanging too. then i started singing louder than i thought, and this convertible pulls up next to our car, with this old guy and he watched me drum and sing and headbang hysterically. by the way, my mom took off her shoes and she was massaging her barefeet.

i think that man is shocked for life.
and I'm mighty proud that i did that. :cool:
it made me feel confident about singing in front of people :wink:

hey singing in the car and pretending that people don't see you is much better than the people I see picking their noses like no one can see them :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I always sing and drum on my steering wheel in the car, lmao. :eek: :reject:
Same here! And lately I've been listening to Vertigo shows in the car and maybe even doing some of the fist pumps during certain songs...:reject:

I could win on that show Motormouth on VH1 if someone was actually evil enough to put me on it.

My friend and I were singing along to Even Better Than The Real Thing and she was acting it out while I was driving. Absolutely hilarious! If anyone had looked over and seen us they would have thought we were nuts!

AcrobatMan said:
if I am in a queue..and if the one ahead of me is a girl :sexywink: I sing

Don't turn around
Don't turn around
Don't turn around
Your gypsy heart
Don't turn around again
Don't turn around
And don't look back

:lol:

U2democrat said:
its kind of dangerous whenever i listen to achtung baby because in zoo station when he says "ready to let go of the steering wheel" i ALWAYS let go....both hands. :uhoh:

Achtung Baby is the best CD to listen to while driving. Definetly pumps me up.

for some reason I love listening to Lemon and Elevation in the car.. like really loud. maybe because of those high notes :wink:

and then there's those other songs that make you feel so relaxed and 'chill' when it's blasted up like WTSHNN or Pride

singing in the car is the greatest thing in the world :cool:

youtooellen said:
for some reason I love listening to Lemon and Elevation in the car.. like really loud. maybe because of those high notes :wink:

and then there's those other songs that make you feel so relaxed and 'chill' when it's blasted up like WTSHNN or Pride

singing in the car is the greatest thing in the world :cool:

I get totally into the air drumming/guitar playing when listening to Elevation for some reason.

Vertigo is also great while driving. I always speed up when I'm listening to that song. :)

Back
Top Bottom