I do not like it when my friends are alone during Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
:tsk: I don't.

I have two close friends coming over to eat dinner with my family and me since they are not able to make it home to be with their families for Christmas.

I have one friend who hates Christmas and is refusing to have any Christmas cheer. He is refusing to come over for dinner tomorrow and is refusing to wish anyone a Merry Christmas. He said Christmas is a very painful time of year for him and "Christmas SUCKS"! :tsk: and since his family is in Iowa and he is not going home to visit them I told him that I am going to take him a meal tomorrow evening to try and cheer him up.

I hate to hear about this too. My sister was home alone with her boyfriend today because he didn't feel like going out (so she gets to suffer along with him) :angry:

that is sad when friends, or anyone for that matter, has to spend christmas alone :(

i was just thinking about that when my parents and i went to mass on christmas eve. i saw a couple people sitting by themselves who were clearly there alone, and i thought how it was kinda sad to see them there alone, and i wondered if they had anyone to spend christmas with.

Christmas for me is a big nothing and therefore I don't mind spending it alone and am somewhat mystified as to why that disturbs people so much. Just because you would be sad and miserable spending it alone doesn't mean that every person who spends it alone feels that way. I've turned down many, many invitations over the years, preferring to spend it reading or watching a movie or whatever, and happily so. If the person is obviously sad to be alone, that's another story. But for me and many other people it's nothing more than a nice quiet day off. This year I was on a road trip with a friend who also doesn't celebrate Christmas and we had a blast.

Back
Top Bottom