I can't believe I'm confessing this here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cydewaze

Refugee
It's horrifying, and everyone is sure to hate me. :reject:

I realized tonight, after listening to ATYCLB, that I've never heard the album version of Elevation. :ohmy:

It's true. I've looked through all my CDs, and all I have are about 6 different live versions of it.

You see, the reason is simple. When I bought the 1990-2000 greatest hits CD, I put off buying ATYCLB. And me being the absent-minded professor, I kept forgetting.

Until tonight :reject:

martha said:
Here's one for you, then. It took me forever to figure out that it was Side Ways. I thought it was City Ways for way too long.

I would like to confess that it took me about 2 minutes to figure out what the hell you were talking about.

So let me get this straight...you haven't seen U2 live yet and now this. Good heavens man...and to think I actually let myself be seen in public with you :tsk:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
no biggie, the album version of Elevation is the worse one anyway, IMO.

I have to agree, I hate the album version. Being in a U2 tribute band doesn't help though, I prefer almost all of the live versions of their songs as oppossed to the polished clean album versions. The live versions have so much more energy and amotions, even if Bono's voice aint that great live anymore. Some of the songs actually sound better when he has the raspy voice thing going on anyway.

Just my .02

Bonochick said:

I would like to confess that it took me about 2 minutes to figure out what the hell you were talking about.

i've got you one better

i must confess that after 2 minutes i still have no idea what in the hell she's talking about.

is the album version the one with that annoying "chunk-ka-ching-chi-chi-chi-chiu-ching" thing in the background that my broken headphones seemed to pick up instead of the rest of the gutiar parts as well?

IWasBored said:

i've got you one better

i must confess that after 2 minutes i still have no idea what in the hell she's talking about.

is the album version the one with that annoying "chunk-ka-ching-chi-chi-chi-chiu-ching" thing in the background that my broken headphones seemed to pick up instead of the rest of the gutiar parts as well?
:laugh: What the hell are you talking about?! Now I want to listen on headphones to find out!

Here's my confession: Holy crap, SIDEWAYS!! I get it!! :reject:

Bonochick said:

:lmao: Same here!

I didn't listen to/buy my first U2 album until I was almost 17 :reject: Which I guess isn't that bad, but I really wish I had started listening earlier!

Back
Top Bottom