I am jealous of too many people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
Just to give you a few examples:

I'm extremely jealous of every happy couple. When I see people walking down the street holding hands, I'm in pain.

I'm jealous of Nelly Furtado. I went to school with her, so I know her slightly. I wasn't jealous when she became a singing star--I've never wanted to be a pop/rock star anyway. But when she started opening for U2 and hanging out with them--which she gets to do at least once more at Slane 2--then I became jealous.

I'm jealous of the people who were at Slane and got to see A Sort of Homecoming live.

I'm jealous of a 16 year old friend of mine. She's actually one of my best friends although she's over five years younger than me. She is very pretty and gets a lot of attention from guys--often guys who are more of the age to be paying attention to someone MY age. I very seldom get any attention from guys, that I'm aware of. She handles it very very sensibly, I should add. I really should not be jealous of her because she has had a very tough time in many ways--health problems, emotional problems, family problems--during her teens. But I am anyway.

I'm a writer, on a small scale, and I'm jealous of people who are my age or not much older and who have published great books. There are some of them out there.

I don't like being jealous. If I remember right, the Bible describes jealousy as "rottenness to the bones," as far as the effect it has on you, and that's pretty accurate. But it's an emotion I seem to feel an awful lot anyway.

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

I am jealous to,

Off you, I can even wright story`s
and you are 17 years younger than i am.
Damn.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

I was never jealous of people who had met Bono for some reason...I thought it was cool. I used to get real jealous of people who met Michael Stipe and who knows why....and I am a much bigger fan of Bono's than I am of Stipe's.
However at the Tibetan Freedom Concert 98 I got to sneak backstage with a friend and saw Stipe...he waved at me...I didn't walk up to him and speak to him or anything...somehow that was enough...I don't get jealous of those people anymore...

Originally posted by Trash Can:
Hmmm... I'm jealous of YOU, for knowing Nelly Furtado!

I knew her VERY slightly...we moved in different circles
wink.gif
but we did have English and Spanish together in junior and high school. She was a "popular" person (not surprisingly) but she always seemed genuinely nice enough. In grade 10 English we all wrote poems and the teacher collected them into a little booklet for us. And quite possibly I'm the only person who kept mine
biggrin.gif
Sometimes I think, hmm, maybe I should sell her poem to People magazine or something
wink.gif

------------------
Tonight, at last
I am coming home
I am coming home

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 08-29-2001).]

Daiiiiiiiiiimn, you have a gold mine there!!!!

Well... maybe not a gold mine, but you know what??? You have what could become a reason for ol' Nelly to contact you!

...coooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Write to her ( her label, management, whatever). Tell her what you have, and if she'd be interested it having it?

...Meet her for dinner.

biggrin.gif

swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

TRY IT!!!

Originally posted by Trash Can:
Daiiiiiiiiiimn, you have a gold mine there!!!!

Well... maybe not a gold mine, but you know what??? You have what could become a reason for ol' Nelly to contact you!

...coooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Write to her ( her label, management, whatever). Tell her what you have, and if she'd be interested it having it?

...Meet her for dinner.

biggrin.gif

swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

TRY IT!!!

biggrin.gif

I'm too shy and bashful
wink.gif

------------------
You say I'm a fool
You say I'm nothing
But if I'm a fool for you
Oh, that's something

Back
Top Bottom