Gentlemen, what do you think he thought about me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliaguliaxo94

War Child
Keep in mind that I've never done this and I don't plan to in the future. :lol: This has been keeping me thinking for the past couple days and I need opinions, preferably not from my friends right about now. :lol:

So on Monday I was at the mall with about 5+ friends of mine, as well as about 10+ people we had just met that day, and we mingled and formed a mob of sorts. We got along great and we didn't learn everyone's names until we said goodbye. :lol: There was a boy there who looked a little bit older than me and I became curious and attracted to for some reason. I kept my distance from him since I wasn't sure what to do, and I caught him looking at me a few times.

That night, me, him, and a few other kids were outside the food court, waiting for rides home. The kid was sitting with his guitar and I was standing a few feet away, looking for my mom's car to pull up. About 5 minutes into this, the 3 or 4 other kids starting talking about drama inside of their group with some person they knew. I listened faintly and I guess I started zoning out. Then, the kid stood up and looked at me, and I realized he was chucking amusedly at me. Not creepily, rather warmly. I started laughing too, without realizing why. I stated how I was clueless about what those kids were talking about. He complimented my necklace.:hyper: I thought I saw my mom's car, so I walked up to it, only to see it was someone else in the car. :doh: I came back and told him what happened. He laughed and said "Nice move." :lol:

Then he had to leave and he hugged me. (I wasn't the only girl there, though. He hugged her too, and I don't think he knew her either.)

I still don't know his name, his age, where he lives, etc. I don't want to seem like a creeper and ask my friends who were with me if they knew anything about him. :reject: But I should, right? I pray that one day, we'll all go to the mall again and he'll be there again.

But I want to know what you guys think. I'm not sure if he was flirting or just being nice or whatever. I don't expect you guys to know the correct answer, being you weren't there, lol, but still.

I'm probably going to regret this. For all I know, I'll never see him again and he'll only remain in my memories. :wink: The thing is, lately I've been really pining for a boyfriend. I know I don't need one, but I miss MEN, FOR PETE'S SAKE. I'M DONE WITH PICTURES OF BONO'S HAIR. :lol: I guess I have this crazy fantasy of seeing him again, getting together, etc...

But it probably won't happen. For now I'm just curious as to what others think. Ladies, feel free to give your two cents as well, I just would prefer opinions from inside the male psyche.

How is asking your friends for a name creepy? Dating sites give you far more info than that. If you want something, reach out and take it. Bono may reach out to you someday, but you'll only get one song with him. :wink:

Besides, if he had his guitar out in the middle of a mall, he probably wanted to impress you/receive spare change.

How is asking your friends for a name creepy? Dating sites give you far more info than that. If you want something, reach out and take it. Bono may reach out to you someday, but you'll only get one song with him. :wink:

Besides, if he had his guitar out in the middle of a mall, he probably wanted to impress you/receive spare change.

Eh, I don't know. I don't want to seem like a stalker. But then again, this group of friends is VERY unusual. I shouldn't feel weird doing ANYTHING around them. :lol: And you're right, I should take advantage of this while I have the chance, and it's not really creeper-ish at all.

The guitar thing was a little strange. Towards nighttime, he left for a while, then came back with it and sort of hunched over it while fiddling around with it. It was an electric one, not an acoustic, so without an amplifier it didn't make much noise. :lol: He didn't have any signs up for change or anything, so I don't

You responded to my story, and thank you! I mean it. So I'll respond to yours!

First off, I see we both overanalyze things like crazy! Yes, guys do it, too.

To answer your question, I will say from my personal experience as a somewhat shy guy(until you get to know me) that whenever I acted like the guy you met at the mall, I was looking for a reason to start a conversation with a girl. I can't speak for every guy obviously, but I wanted to start a conversation with the girl because I was interested and attracted to her. Most likely, he had his eyes on you all night(you noticed him looking at you after all!) and just saw his opening when you kind of zoned out of the conversation you were in. He could've just been being nice, but his decision to strike up the conversation was more than likely not a coincidence given the circumstances you described.

Though unsuccessful with girls and not knowing too much about relationships, I am the world's most curious/interested person when it comes to this stuff. So of course, whenever I had a similar situation w/a girl I didn't know, I would get a name and as much information as I could from someone! I have done this many times myself, and observed others in many situations similar to yours.

LemonMelon is 100% right, people put more on dating sites, and its not creepy/stalking until you decide to drive by his house every night, memorize his class schedule and follow him through the hallways, call him 4 times per day, send 15 text messages and 20 facebook wall posts per day!

I am sure you know this as you seem extremely intelligent in general and especially for a 16 year old, but when you read the legal definition of stocking in most places, taking out all the technical details, you will see that it takes a hell of a lot more than normal curiosity and desire to know more about a person.

Good luck!:wave:

And remember from reading my posts in the "nice guys" thread, I far from have this all figured out!

^Thank you for your insight! :wave:Very helpful coming from a guy's point of view.

As an update, I found him on Facebook. :hyper: I looked under the friends of a guy whose name I knew from the mall that day who appeared to be his friend. I found him based on his picture, and I'm sure that it's him.

And, well...he's in college, according to his school/work info. :uhoh: He can't possibly be over 20, I hope he's only 18 or 19, since his birth date isn't listed. But the same thing happened with my last boyfriend, who was 4 years older, and I broke up with him cuz I wasn't comfortable with his age. But he was also a creep, so..:wink: This guy seemed relatively easy going.

Anyway, he appears to be good friends with the people we were at the mall with on Monday. I'm not going to try anything yet, it seems a little hasty. Hopefully, me and the mallrats will go back soon and with luck, he'll be there. And if I don't see him, then oh well. He might have been too old, anyway.

...Fingers crossed, though..:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom