Don't know if this is the way to ask her....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thane

The Fly
Hi people. I was hoping for a little advice from some of you.

You see, I finally met the girl of my dreams and the love of my life. We're very much in love.

We're a couple that have dated for a year and are the best of friends. We laugh together and cry together. We put up and accept our idiosyncracies-sp? We can't stand to be apart from eachother. It's so eigth grade. It's a sappy-beautiful kinda love.Eigth grade stuff.:)

She likes the finer things in life. She enjoys the theatre, plays, musicals ballet and opera. I like to watch ESPN and read blogs.
We enjoying traveling together and working out.

I'm about to pop the big question. You're probably saying 'well what's the big deal, you guys are such a pair, it's expected.'

It's how and where I plan to do it. I'm going to propse to her at a MLB baseball game where the whole ballpark will see it done on the big 'jumbo-tron' screen. I'll happen at the bottom of the 4th inning. It's a pre-arranged event with the camera men knowing of our seat location etc.

The whole statium will be watching. I have the ring and everything. Many of my friends and relatives have asked what if she were to say no etc. What would I do etc.

Those fears have subsided recently when by what youngest child told me a few days ago. My youngest child told me "Daddy there's no way she will say no to you cause I see how much she loves you".

My fear left me. Tomorrow is the big day, wish me luck.

Thanks for reading,

thane

Last edited:
Wow! I think she'll love that.

Ya know what though? If you guys are in love, no matter how you do it, it will be special. When my ex-fiance had proposed to me, it was out of the blue while sitting in his car in a gas station parking lot. :lol: He had wanted to ask me earlier while we were out in a rented boat on a lake, but he had gotten too nervous. He didn't have a ring...he couldn't afford one...so he bought me a Pepsi and a fake rose from the gas station. :lmao: :heart: Some people I tell are in such disbelief about that, but...ya know...I loved it. It's a shame it didn't work out for us...but at least it makes for a good story. :wink:

Good luck!!!!!!

that's so sweet...

and you're so lucky!!! I think that i will never know that feeling, i mean, how do i know if the person who i am with is the right one? but it seems that you know and the feeling itself is a blessing

hey I wish you happiness :D (but hey!!! i think you're happy right now! ) and good luck with your proporsal

lore

Hi guys. Well I asked her. Could not belive her answer or how she delivered it.

thane

Well it happened.
She really doesn't care for professional sports but is fun loving enough to sit through a baseball game with me. This is part of the reason I love her.

We arrived at the game and everything was set. I even slipped a special CD to a courier working through the concerie to be played during the proposal.

Apart from ESPN, and reading blogs one of my other loves is listening to essentail Coldplay music. If everybody listened to Coldplay and Bono music I think the world would be a better place.:)

About the time the proposal was to happen, she started craving a cigerette. I needed to almost chain her seat. My heart was fluttering. I told her she needed to stay seated as this was the time in the game when the camera men pan the audience looking for the prettiest girls in the statium and put their images on the large screen out in center field.

She said, "But honey I don't want to be on the big screen":huh:

I said, "Well it's only for a brief moment it's no big deal sweetie"

Suddenly our images were there with my proposal flashing in LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS:)
Yes, LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS.

I said, "Honey LOOK!"

Her jaw dropped, I asked her to stand up. She was a bit in shock, but complied.
I slid down unto one knee. I pulled the small black velvet case from my jean pocket.
For an eternity she just stared at me. The planets semed to have froze during those moments.
And where was the my essentail Coldplay music when I needed it!:huh:

Finally the words of Chris Martin came through..
"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you.."

She finally composed herself and said, "Of course I will marry you darling"..:)

We danced for 30 seconds to Coldplay with the statium cheering us on.
I gave a 'thumbs up' and a "A-O.K." sign as the people clapped and for cheered for us.
We didn't make it thru the entire game we left quickly to go home celebrate.:sexywink:

Thanks for all your kind and pleasant words people.

thane

Last edited:
33%3B9%3B62%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A25%3D875%3DXROQDF%3E232364774%3A658ot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom