Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

I'd forgotten about that one. Nice find, YLB.

There's also a good stretch in an NHL thread you might want to find and read. Bonomaniac almost leaps through his computer at one point.

Ah yes, I shall never forget that thread. :heart:

As for this thread, I absolutely love it.:up: It's a great remedy for the winter blahs....that is until you realize that there's impending doom and gloom thanks to a RECESSION on the horizon.:huh:

corianderstem said:
But it's dumb - I mean, high school kids don't ever do drugs. There aren't stoners in high school. I mean, DUH.

:tsk:

Psh, that never happens.

Guys, I just saw a commercial for Southwest Airlines during the Chargers-Patriots game. The crux of what they were saying was that choosing Southwest makes the most financial sense for business travellers and companies.

I'd like to know if "Nate's" employer chose a different airline because, in doing so, the recession will come along that much quicker. It's all about being fiscally responsible, guys.

If he flew Delta to Atlanta then he kept them alive another day, especially because he would have paid for the entirety of business class to keep it empty so he could join the mile high club without TOO many people watching

Thus keeping an airline alive, more money in the economy and STAVING off the RECESSION

BonoManiac said:

I'd like to know if "Nate's" employer chose a different airline because, in doing so, the recession will come along that much quicker. It's all about being fiscally responsible, guys.

Some 'factual' points here ::

Southwest does not fly to Atlanta !! Or Germany !!

Diemen said:
Now you're just TRYING to cover for the cheating BASTARD. :tsk:

This thread deserves a gold medal and a lifetime achievement award.

Accepting on behalf of the spectacular cast of characters that contributed ... No Spoken Words.

MsMofoGone said:

Thank you !! :up:

Maybe I should have mentioned some other points as well ... but I didn't think it was necessary to give a 'full-blown' documentary on this discussion. :lol:

OK ... I laughed because of his 'dumb reasoning' behind taking this trip. My girlfriend doesn't believe he was 'looking out' for himself and his 'BEST interests' within the company issues. She knew he just went on this trip, because he could go. It made absolutely NO difference at all, that the opportunity was made possible because of his employer. He wanted to see the city of Atlanta because he never has been there before ... he didn't care that he was there with the sales managers, corp heads, etc.

I'm sorry, I'm like pages and pages behind this thread, and maybe anitram wasn't being as sarcastic as I thought she was, but...

:lmao:

Also, I'm sorry I misread even more pages and pages ago that he was going to Germany, not Georgia, and I'm thrilled that was the only point in quite a few posts that you decided to actually read.

^

I'm amazed every time I refresh and it's still chugging along. It sure is fun though. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involv

coolian2 said:

So to make it truer you've lied to us?

Thank god someone commented on that.

Such feats of logic should not be ignored.

To PROVE to you the TRUTH of these stories I shall name these people, however their NAMES shall be changed. So realize, when I say Bob I don't really mean Bob I mean Joe who is actually Marty, but then he really isn't cause IF I told you he was Marty you would know TRUTHFULLY who he is, so instead I'll give you a name, which in this medium of LIES and DECIET, provides no FACTual evidence of any sort but does provide further fodder for humour and supposidly creates more PLAUSIBILITY for the soap opera script that I have chosen to believe is REAL life.

And personally, I think the only reason this thread is still open is due to the fact that it is relatively harmless and has managed to effectively keep the population of "troublemakers" here at interland thoroughly occupied for almost 24hours.
More than that, it's attracting them like bee's to honey.
I figure it's only a matter of time before Jick and a certain exiled dog show up....

Man, I love this thread.

Doozer61 said:
I'm flying Southwest :D

The U.S. economy is forever in your, er, debt. Thanks in part to considerate souls such as yourself the United States will be able to stave off the inevitable recession a little while longer.

See? One person CAN make a difference, which is the MAJOR reason why this man should never have gone to Atlanta. :tsk:

~BrightestStar~ said:
But all those dollars he shells out to strippers, isn't that an injection straight into the economy?

You certainly have a point there. :hmm: Of course, it all depends on what the strippers use the money for, not to mention if they even declare the funds, which would mean a loss of taxable income for the I.R.S. :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing In

~BrightestStar~ said:

Thank god someone commented on that.

Such feats of logic should not be ignored.

I think i was the only one still focusing on the ORIGINAL TOPIC and not panicking about the horrible RECESSION we're in.

What was your name again?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closin

coolian2 said:

I think i was the only one still focusing on the ORIGINAL TOPIC and not panicking about the horrible RECESSION we're in.

What was your name again?

But don't you see the TRUTH of the matter is that the original topic IS the recession! The recession of family values! of TRUTH and JUSTICE! Can't you see? HOW can I make you understand that the RECESSION is the driving force behind this entire thread?

My name is Bob. Except you can call me Marty.*

*Names have been changed at the request of those involved.

You're right Jane.

All of this SHAGGING HISPANICS and ROCK MUSIC are corroding our SOCIETY. People are afraid to spend MONEY unless it supports the ECONOMY but they have no MONEY because they spend it on MAI TAIS and BEACH VIEW HOTELS in ATLANTA before realising they need to be FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE to stop the RECESSION

MsMofoGone said:
Where do I begin ?? :ohmy:

I have a friend who is in a rough situation right now. No ... it's not the girlfriend who dealt with her cheating husband. This other girlfriend has a boyfriend with whom she has been living with for over 8 years. Her boyfriend works at a chemical tool supply warehouse. He is a Warehouse Distribution Center Manager. She just found out that he will be losing his job at the end of the month, because their company does NOT produce enough profit from sales/orders. So the company ... which is based in Germany, is actually closing one of their 4 locationed warehouses here in the USA, because they're losing money by keeping his employment open for business. Her boyfriend had to go to Atlanta on a last-time business trip, to talk about the sales in the company, etc. She was kinda wondering why would he really think it was necessary to go on that last-minute business trip ... since he was already told he was losing his job at the end of the month. But, she felt it was 'HIS DECISION' ... whether or not he really needed to go on that business trip. His boss said he wanted him there ... but, considering he was losing his job ... what was the point of him going ?? Should he have stayed home with his girlfriend ... OR ... should he have actually gone away on that business trip ?? :shrug:

I told her that I thought he should have stayed home ... just because, since he was losing his manager position in a month ... it was NOT really necessary for him to be on that business trip to promote the company's sales . I didn't really even understand why he decided to go. :hmm:

His girlfriend was really upset ... she also thought he would have much rather spent the weekend at home with her ... than to go on that business trip for the last time !! And for what ?? ... to act like a big-cheese ?? She still doesn't understand why he had to feel it was NECESSARY to go !! I still don't think it was NECESSARY, either. So, why would he really go ?? What is so-ooo fascinating about going to Atlanta ?? I guess I'm asking should he have gone on that business trip ?? ... OR should he have NOT cared and stayed at home with his girlfriend ??
Afterall ... remember he is losing his job in a couple of weeks.

There is talk that he could get hired at their sister company (which is located at a further distance here in the Chicago Suburbs) but again ... there is NO guarantee he WILL be hired ... it's only a 'shot-in-the-dark' as to if they have any job openings OR if they create an job opening for ANY of the employees who are losing their jobs with their former-partnered company. Although, he might get an opportunity with their sister company, he probably won't get a management position ... meaning he would have to start all over again and make less money. Yes, it's NOT the end of the world to start all over ... but, he is so-ooo 'high up on a pedestal' about being a manager, that he would NOT settle for anything less than that position in management. He would definitely NOT settle for less money ... plus his options are certainly open to look for other employment elsewhere outside of the company. They will be giving their employees a severance pay and a very good bonus ... if they stay until the last working day. So, it's NOT like the company would NOT give him a good salary pay BEFORE he had to depart.

But, his girlfriend is still thinking why did he NEED to go on this business trip for 1 last time ?? All the other employees didn't go .... and they could have gone, if they wanted to ... since it was a sales promotion. So, why did he go ?? Please give my friend ant advice OR insight you may feel. Again ... she simply does NOT understand why he had to feel like he was necessary to go !! :tsk:

So again ... what's the answer ??? Please give advice.

I just feel like this needs to be read again.

The last line is the best part. "Please give advice". Yeah.

Re: Re: Business Trips ... Are They Legit When There's Closing Involved ??

No spoken words said:

I just feel like this needs to be read again.

The last line is the best part. "Please give advice". Yeah.

It would have made much more sense if it was some Kieran McConville thing:

Please give advice (and by "Please give advice," I mean, "Agree with my opinion or I will CAPITALIZE at you !!")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom