Babies just don't do it for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think my grandpa gene kucked in. I like the little babies now.

When I was younger, my religous friends would say God wanted me to have children.
I would tell them that was interesting, Satan wanted me to have a wife.

deep said:
I think my grandpa gene kucked in. I like the little babies now.

When I was younger, my religous friends would say God wanted me to have children.
I would tell them that was interesting, Satan wanted me to have a wife.

LMAo Deep...ppl like you are teh reason I try to read this forum everyday.

As for children...I like children....OTHER people's Children...I like the idea of children..the fact that they exist..that there are children in the world....but there are enough of them on this planet...I think I'd liek to adopt rather than have my own kids.

Jess there is absolutely nothing wrong with your not being sure about having children. Just because you have the capability doesnt mean that you have to go through with it! It's a personal decision that no one else should have any say in. I personally cannot image NOT having children. I absolutely LOVE babies - hence my career choice... but that's me! :D

I feel bad because my good friend just had a baby and I really have no interest in it :reject: I went to see her and the baby at the hospital a couple weeks ago but I havent been over to her house and she emails me and tells me about how everyone brings her meals and knits blankets and things for the baby and I just cant get into it like that. :huh:

I'm going to see them next weekend though. I feel like I'm obligated to bring something but I dunno what :| She has pretty much everything she needs .. spoiled :angry:

Sicy said:

I'm going to see them next weekend though. I feel like I'm obligated to bring something but I dunno what :| She has pretty much everything she needs .. spoiled :angry:

How do you feel about babysitting? New mothers are usually sleep deprived. Maybe offer to watch the baby for an hour or two so she can take a nap!

Sicy said:
I feel bad because my good friend just had a baby and I really have no interest in it :reject: I went to see her and the baby at the hospital a couple weeks ago but I havent been over to her house and she emails me and tells me about how everyone brings her meals and knits blankets and things for the baby and I just cant get into it like that. :huh:

Oh BOY do I ever feel your pain.....

I think the babysitting idea is very noble, but better yet, you could always arrange to take HER out somewhere with you, and have some other baby loving person stay home with the baby. Then you don't have to worry about dealing with the baby, but you still give the new mother a night out.

My friend chose me to be godmother of his baby and I haven't never seen the baby, ever. :reject:

I have an excuse...they live continents away. :shifty:

I know what you mean. I have a four-year-old son and I found the infant stage to be the most dull. Although he was adorable, all he did was eat, sleep, pee and poop, basically ;) He didn't even smile until he was 3 months old.

I felt really awkward and uncomfortable around babies until I had my own baby. I guess I just had to learn more about what they like and how to communicate with them.

It is quite disconcerting to sit there and talk, talk, talk to a baby and all it does is stare at you. You have no idea if any of it's getting through! I was very glad when my son was able to talk to me - except now, I can't get him to shut up :D

I would like to have another child someday but I'm not in a real hurry to do so. Just because I think the sibling relationship is so special. I love my sis and we have such a special bond! But yeah, having kids is a very personal decision.

The "giving up your life thing" : I was more or less forced to do this when my son was born, because he was an EXTREMELY fussy baby and demanded constant attention. He would have stayed attached to my breast 24/7 if I let him. I had some post-partum depression because my whole life suddenly revolved around him and I never got to do anything for myself :( But it was really unhealthy for me, and I'm happy to say today my life is pretty much the same as it was before except I have a cool little person to share my time with ;) He's a lot like me and we have fun together. Yes, sometimes I do lock myself in a separate room just to have some peace and quiet :crazy: but I try not to beat myself up about it. I'm not a perfect martyr of a mother but actually it's unhealthy to be a perfect martyr of a mother. Kids have to learn how to make it in life on their own so it makes sense to teach them some independence. That's my 2 cents :wave:

Mrs. Edge - I think you still have time to decide....whatever that choice is. My parents adopted me, (the firstborn) when they were 41 and 40...my sister (not blood-related) 2 years later.

But I can say that I don't want kids. Babysitting my cousin's little ones is my limit. LOL

Sicy said:
:no: babysitting :no:

I agree. Being responsible for other people's children freaks me out to no end.

I haven't quite decided yet about what I think of the whole having kids thing. I used to be completely against it, but 2 of the women I work with each have a young daughter, and another child on the way. For the first time in my life, EVER, I've heard my biological clock tick this year. :crazy: WTF?! :scream:

Hey I'm 30.. time's a tickin over here. :|

:hmm: maybe if I wait long enough it will be too late :angel:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
my good friend from high school called me earlier in the weekend and announced she is pregnant for the 5th time. she is only 27. :crack:

Dear GOD. :der: :ohmy: :slant: :uhoh:

So my gynocologist lied then?

I thought you ovulate like in the middle of the month?

I know nothing.. I've been on the pill for 14 years :der:

i guess it depends on the woman's body and cycle. i dont think your gyno lied, though. i find that most of the time, i ovulate really soon after my period. my gyno taught me how to tell if im ovulating. i had no clue before. i took the pill a long time ago before, but i started gaining too much weight, so my doc put the I.U.D. in me. that's good for 8 more years of no babies. not that i need it right now anyways...:|

Back
Top Bottom