an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone says that you meet a lot of people at college, and no doubt I will. But in some ways, I think people overlook how much of college is about you. Who you are as a person...

i think that is a part of college that I will really enjoy. It's kind of like "meeting people", but inside out, sort of. However, I think it will be really nice for me to meet people who 'want' to be in the same arena I am.

============

Heh heh - is that a penguine on that asphalt block?
That's sort of cute, heh.

There sure seems to be a lot of nice buildings and such in your city, there. Even if I did have a digital camera, I would have to travel a ways to get something to show... but maybe.... maybe I'll get some pictures up here..... someday

hahaahahaha

I'll wait for that day... love to see new places, even just through someone else's pics!

I did this photos this morning while I was coming to work.

Yes, that's a penguine!!
It's very funny -- the guy who did it has made lot of "works" like that all around this city. he's now a sort of celebrity -- they also dedicated a show to him!

college will be a good training for you.
I know it'll bring you a lot of new experiences that will help make you grown.
I hope the positive experiences will be more than the negative ones.

Your new signature is a little scaring...

Is it? well, I suppose I could see it as being scary or something. But I think I would like to hear what you have to say about it before I explain it further, heh heh....

This is another one of those images that probably will only mean one thing to me, yet something different to most other people.

THAT was embarassing....... hheheheh.

Yes, that's a penguine!!
It's very funny -- the guy who did it has made lot of "works" like that all around this city. he's now a sort of celebrity -- they also dedicated a show to him!

What other work has this 'celebrity' done? :happy: ( <----- I think I like this icon a lot, for some reason)

Last edited:
I can't see the error, so I can't see why he's embarassing :(

The "celebrity" -- he's called PAU -- made A LOT of other penguins!!

the thing that scares me in your signature... well, I dunno... maybe it's because of the colors... too much near to grey... she looks a little... near to dead...

and the blue thing on her eyes ... it's like a freezed tear...

:sad:

You probably will give another kind of explanation, but still...

Sotty for all the dots -- I usually HATE that, but it's like if they're necessary here!

Will you mind if we talk a little about ONE campaign?
I know so little about it!

The spelling error was "Transcend, and connect. Only by exceeding, and drawing closer, can we reach the higher levels"

^ I left out those two letters that are in bold (but I hurried and fixed it...)

I appreciate you telling me about it, though. I don't know if I will change my sig again (i'm sure I will soon enough, I always do), but I'm always glad to hear others input, even if they have a negative reaction, or they don't like it, or it scares them, heh. It's always nice to know, and to know the truth. Especially about what other people think

=============

Believe it or not, lady luck, I've been thinking about the ONE campaign a lot lately.

I don't know a lot about it, but I'm sure I can find some more info with it. I signed the petition online, but I did it so long ago, and have become so busy with other things, I don't really remember the fine points of it. I know it is an effort to take ONE % of the US budget and help spend it on other countries around the world in need... but beyond that I don't know off the top of my head.

But I've been thinking about it an aweful lot, because......

I agree with Bono so much - this is the first time that we, as a generation, as the human race, have the oppertunity and potential to do so much in/for this world.

I think it is a very exciting time to be alive.......

Me too... I consider I am lucky to live this "era"

I signed the petition months ago, and I also have their white wristbands.
I got them a couple of week ago and I'm wearing it now.

From what I know, the one campaign is for rising awareness about AIDS and, as Bono says, "stop the stigmatization that goes with being HIV positive".
So, yes, a great and very important issue.

talking about error

"FREEZED TEAR" -----

:ohmy:

where this comes from??

FROZEN TEAR!!!

hi hi hi!

Your mistake is nothing compared to mine!!

BTW, now YOU should explain me about your signature...

“WE BELIEVE that in the best American tradition of helping others help themselves, now is the time to join with other countries in a historic pact for compassion and justice to help the poorest people of the world overcome AIDS and extreme poverty. WE RECOGNIZE that a pact including such measures as fair trade, debt relief, fighting corruption and directing additional resources for basic needs – education, health, clean water, food, and care for orphans – would transform the futures and hopes of an entire generation in the poorest countries, at a cost equal to just one percent more of the US budget. WE COMMIT ourselves - one person, one voice, one vote at a time - to make a better, safer world for all.”
^ from ONE.org

I think this is such a great thing. But I see it as possibly being only the beginning... There is much more that we can do as a world...

I'm just worried that people .... that some people will have troble about seeing things that way - that we are all in this together, that this is one world of humankind and such.

Eh...

I don't have the time, but there is a lot to talk about here...

And I will explain my sig soon, I promise.

Is that so?

Well, I guess that is a good thing. As long as they generate some decent music :wink: :wink: Seriously, though, I mean to say "thank you". Sometimes I don't deal with compliments and such too well, but I'm working on that. So, thank you, Mud in the Sand.

:)

=================

Hmm....... are "The Cardigans" Swedish?
I know I like a few of their songs.
Their lead singer has a pretty voice, in my opinion

=================

WOw, for the first time in a long time, I got to bed at 'round midnight (heh, Thelonlius Monk song :rockon: ). I slept until 8am, woke up 5 (as usual, hmm..............) 5 minutes before the phone rang, and someone left a message that wasn't for me, and then I drifted back to sleep.

I haven't felt this well reseted in a long time!

It's been a while since I have encountered this feeling - the one that perhaps would make you alter the truth so it is "easier" on you to get through. Besides, it's only a signature image, and no one would really know what I was thinking, anyways. In all reality, it isn't that big of a deal. But this is just one of those things that I notice, or that I recognize. I... sometimes forget how honesty and courage are intertwined.

(^don't mind that, I was just thinking out loud)

Anyway
About my signature image... First thing, believe it or not, it is of a man, and not a woman. The hair is misleading, and the eyelashes in this shot are unneccesarily long, one could say. (which reminds me of my eariler years. For some reason, people liked pointing out that I had long eyelashes :huh: ). Secondly, the person is not dead, lol. (I know you didn't exactly say they were dead, Lady Luck, but I just wanted to clarify). The "frozen tear" - it's not really a tear, but it is actually a sort of reflection. In the original image, there is light of a sort coming from the left, and it happens to catch and illuminate the underside of his eyebrow and that area that you see with the icy blue color.

(looking back, the way the image is cropped, it does look as though it is a woman, so I don't blame you for assumtions)

Now, I suppose (for me), the real essence of this signature comes from what those words in the corner mean in correlation to the image. As I have already, um, spelled out, so to say... the phrase is "Transcend, and connect. Only by exceeding, and drawing closer, can we reach the higher levels". This originates from some of the things I've been thinking about lately, to put it lightly. For instance, think about those words in regards to love, or humankind in general.

Moving on... as I said, the correlation between those words and the image. I'll try to be brief. One could say that the character portrayed goes through a sort of transcendence, but that isn't exactly the reason I selected it. Actually, my creation of this signature, with that image, is slightly post modern, because I am taking an image that is already in existance, an image ... an image that already has its own unique meaning, yet I am taking that image and now placing my own meaning on it. And this meaning is something I've personally generated, so it is an interesting/odd sort of connection between the two, so to say. At its essence, the image represents the "base" of something, the very begining, the initial setting, the default. It appears at the beginning, it represents the beginning. And personally speaking, it represents "my beginning". In some ways that image (in my mind) represents my more essential nature, but on a greater scale (and more relating to the words in the corner), it represents all "essential nature" - as in, everyone's "beginning". One could also say it is about maturity, in one way. How we all are immatureand inexperienced at some point.

I think, generally, people need to "overcome themselves" in order to make real progress in life, as opposed to just being a function of your personality, and a product of your environment. (but then this sort of leads into a whole discussion about people, and what role they should play in the world, etc etc etc).

Anyways, (desparately) trying to stay on topic here, the image represents the beginning. Maybe to me it is a subconscious reminder of "who I am", because even though the signature talks about transcendence and such, you can't forget who you are, and more so, who you were. It's not about "forgeting", it's about building. I think that is an important thing (for me) to remember.

=========

Of course, one could, and probably has, looked at that image as a whole, and sees a woman looking sad or something. Are they wrong? Not neccesarily.

But that's how art, and life, goes. And I accept this. It's all open to interpretation.....

Last edited:
When ever you want...

('Brittney makes a lot of money')

=

Do you have a problem, Mud?

Last edited:
For Honor said:
When ever you want...

('Brittney makes a lot of money')

=

Do you have a problem, Mud?

Don't call me Mud! I didn't go to school for 8 years to be called just Mud! Please call me Dr. Mud in the Sand. Thank you.

And please my child, pop music needs your inspiration. Carry on your fruitless struggle. Much love.

You, a rookie, calling me a child?

Come on, obviously you're trolling. I've seen your posts elsewhere on this site, and you've got nothing decent to say at all, save one. You certainly are a rookie, or perhaps, a regular interferencer who wants to take actions incognito?

Heh... It's sort of funny, this is the first time in my life I've been compared to a pop icon, or considered childish in such a regard. Heh heh heh...

Maybe you and I are not so different?

But what, you think you're some young radical rebel who puts down pop music in your school, and knows you've got more depth than everyone else? Heh, yeah, kid, I was there once. I hated highschool just as much as you might. But I don't know. I do not know who you are, or where you are coming from. Just that you are the 4rth person to post in this thread, and I wonder how many pages of it you looked at. Or if you know what this forum, Zoo Conffesions, is about.

But hey, why don't you tell us more of the "Mud in the Sand" story? Obviously you're looking for an audience, or to make some sort of an introduction. You can do that here, if you'd like.

Just like I shouldn't judge before I know you, you shouldn't either, since you obviously don't know a thing about me. I remember.... when I used to hate the word "love", and think it was a false and meaningless word...

so yeah, to a highschool kid, I'm sure some of my words may sound eerily similar to one Brittany Spears. However, if you really want to take the time to know people, especially here on interference, you should consider getting to understand them.

Someone said once....... "Seek first to understand, and then to be understood". I agree with that person.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at interference.
But remember - be respectful to your elders.

Last edited:
For love, my friend. May you bless my days of dust and torment.

Torment is all I see now. See, I tried one time to be a good Christian. Confusion led me to a pet store where I bought a frog. To make right with my sins, I cut a cross and crucified that poor frog. It all went bad afterword.

Don't leave me alone in the desert.

Mud in the Sand is an interesting nick...
And I wish your band -- if it really exists -- will create some great music.
(Possibly different from Alcazar's...)

So you're a star-to-be... Good for you!
Anyway, this doesn't give you an authorization to be goofy or unpolite.
Or to laugh at other people's thoughts, visions and opinions.

Respect is a valuable thing.
I hold it dear.
What about you?

-------------------------------

thanks for the complete explanation, For Honor.
It was a pleasure to read from you, as usual :)

lady luck said:
Glad to know.

How old are you?

I turned 13 last week. I know its young and when you agree to join forums, you have to agree to whether you at least 13. Though I was 13 when I first signed up to this forum, I think I've signed up for like 7 or so forums when just 12. No one really cares. I really like these types of places. My older brother says it makes me just revert more and more into myself, but whatever. I'm having fun. Middle School sucks anyways. Its not like I'm going to do homework when I'm bored. My only other thing I have to do is go to CCD. But thats just on Wednesdays, very stupid and only an hour long. I swear you can lose respect for religion just going to those things. When basketball season begins, I promise you guys will hear less from me. I really do like basketball.

I don't know, you think my being 13 has something to do with my attitude. I mean, I kinda think its all innocent. I never said anything about For Honor, I'm just enjoying the fact he's the one guy here who will respond to anything and everything. Oh, I take ritalin. ADD really bad.

I just asked you your age because I heard you talking about school....
Sorry you're not enjoying school -- I have little memories of it, but especially the last one was fun!

Don't have any idea of what ritalin is...

And as regards FH, well, he's REALLY supportive, someone you could rely on. As you could see, we started writing months ago and we're having a very nice conversation so long.

:wink:

He's taking you guys for a ride, bit of advice never take what people say on the internet at face value.

From what I can tell, Mud is a guy who was on interference a few years back and has just returned thinking he's the king of all interland, but then again who am I to say he isn't.:wink:

Hope you and FH get your conversation back on track, it has been an interesting read.

Finally we discovered at least one of the reader..

Zero Dude:wave:

I don't know if you're right about Mud In The Sand, and I don't know who you are referring to, but he's ok.

It's an educated guess:wink:

But, I'm not going to kick up a fuss, before I registered here, I lurked for about a year, I actually lurk alot now as well, I enjoy reading what other people have to say..........

I read something from you around..
poems and things like that

I liked them.

I met another penguin today:
344%3C6%3C8723232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B73958464ot1lsi

Hope FH did not get too annoyed with the previous posts and decide not to post anymore in this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom