The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hehe nah she wouldnt take the pic. She was too nice.

I forgot to mention that at least on two occasions I heard my brother say 'no more motorcycles'. Once I was talking to a nurse in his room and she was like.. 'gotta be careful on those motorcycles' and he's like.. 'no more motorcycles'. Then when his co worker was talking to him yesterday he was telling my brother that he'd never have a motorcycle cuz he has 3 kids and all that and my brother's like 'its not worth it'. Then his friend brought him some game that had a car game and a motorcycle game and he's like 'no motorcycle games'.

Cant tell you guys how happy it makes me to hear him say that stuff.

Sicy said:
Hehe nah she wouldnt take the pic. She was too nice.

I forgot to mention that at least on two occasions I heard my brother say 'no more motorcycles'. Once I was talking to a nurse in his room and she was like.. 'gotta be careful on those motorcycles' and he's like.. 'no more motorcycles'. Then when his co worker was talking to him yesterday he was telling my brother that he'd never have a motorcycle cuz he has 3 kids and all that and my brother's like 'its not worth it'. Then his friend brought him some game that had a car game and a motorcycle game and he's like 'no motorcycle games'.

Cant tell you guys how happy it makes me to hear him say that stuff.
No more motorcycles is fookin right!:yes: :up:
I can't stand those things....and I'm glad John's feeling that way too now:sigh:
Love Autumn

He started some therapy today.. moving his legs and sitting up in bed with his legs over the bed. He can do some little excersizes twice a day if he likes. He's eating regular food now. His stomach has to heal though. I guess its the only thing that is hurting him. The wound is just open. Its so gross. :barf: They change the gauze and dressing every eight hours. I dunno if or when they're going to staple it up.

:crazy: :uhoh:

I told him about this thread and how everyone sends their best and he said 'right on'. :)

Oh yeah.. he took the staples out of his leg today by himself. :shame: :laugh: :coocoo:

Sicy said:

Oh yeah.. he took the staples out of his leg today by himself. :shame: :laugh: :coocoo:

:no: eek that sounds painful and gross...I don't think I could do that :no:

It sounds like he's making good progress :yes:

:hug:

:eyebrow: maybe you could print some pages out fom this thread for John to read...kind of like a big Interference get well card :wink:

Sicy said:

I told him about this thread and how everyone sends their best and he said 'right on'. :)

I think you and John are going to value this thread for years. When he's all better (Hi John :wave: ) and you both read over it....the emotions, the progress, the set backs, the worry and all the caring and support and love and prayers....it's really an amazing record of the events.

Like O2 said:

I think you and John are going to value this thread for years. When he's all better (Hi John :wave: ) and you both read over it....the emotions, the progress, the set backs, the worry and all the caring and support and love and prayers....it's really an amazing record of the events.

I agree...this thread has been up and down with alot of emotions, alot of prayers, and support from this family.

It also has been an inspiration to me to become closer to my family. I think about my baby alot, spend more time than usual with her, and my family...this is something i needed to read...get my priorities straight...

my brother would stitch up his own stomach if they let him

I think you guys are right. I had already thought about printing the thread out when he starts getting better. Its hard for him to read right now.. I dunno he says his eyes hurt. :shrug:

I know he needs glasses though. [stubborn smilie]

that is so great that he is starting to get better and becoming more coherant. His physical therapy is going to be long and tough, hopefully he won't be so stubborn to give up. Geez I was in PT for four weeks with my ankle and after the first session I wanted to give up....I hated it. So I can just imagine how difficult his sessions are going to be.

Taking out his own staples :barf: what was he thinking?!?!?!?!?

christine this is an incredible thread. if you really stop and think about how cool it is that all of these of people from all over the world are thinking and praying for your brother, it must be an amazing feeling. i hope it's made you feel better. and i'd say the power of prayer is really evident in the evolution of this thread.

this place rules.

You know what.. It is amazing. And I bet John thinks its amazing too. He knows that people all over the world have prayed for him and sent their best. I really do think prayers work. There are no words to explain how I feel about all of you and the love and support you've all shown for me and my brother. I want to cry right now.

He is actually excited about PT. I know it will be tough but he's a tough guy and I know he can get through it. Sometimes I think he's made of steel because he has an extremely high tolerence for pain. I am not surprised he took out his own staples. It must get pretty damn boring laying in a hospital bed all day and all nite.

Shucks...

Well... whatever this thread may have helped i'm glad if it did.
But no matter what was said or done, you (and even more) John did all the work here. You know?

This is a wonderful thread!

And I hope John...when his eyes don't hurt....gets to see this and sees how many people have been praying and hoping for his speedy recovery.:heart:
You GO, John...we know you can do it! :wave:
You'll be up and around in no time....I can just sense your strength from what Sicy tell us! :sexywink: I'm convinced part of that strength comes from that fighting Italian spirit and having a very strong sister that loves you very much right by your side!:hug:
oxoxo
Autumn

Way to go John! :up: :)

That is truly great news, Sicy! I'm really happy for him and all your family. You've been thru very hard times and now things are getting better. I believe yours and John's strengh, plus, the faith and good vibes of this community have conspired to make John recover from that horrible accident. Love not always moves in mysteryous ways :)

:hug: John, Sicy and family:hug:

:hug:Interference:hug:

:wave: *hands Sicy glasses for John to read this HUGE love thread

lol.. thanks you guys. :)

I am SO glad he has his appetite back. I watched like this today :sick: as he ate a whole plate of pot roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli, soup, salad, and a brownie. I only wish I would have told someone at the time he wasnt eating and saying his stomach hurts. I never thought he could have an ulcer. But that's in the past and I'm just glad he's doing better. He did his excersizes today.. and they're probly going to move him soon to a lower level.

Sicy, I'm so glad he's doing better!!!

If he ever reads this post:

:wave: Hi John!! You are a trooper!!!

And NO MORE MOTORCYCLES!!! :wink:
You have us at Interference worried sick!

especially the brownie

Sicy said:
he ate a whole plate of pot roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli, soup, salad, and a brownie

:up: RIGHT ON I DARE SAY :up:

especially da insalata, goode vitaminz for me homie

Last edited:
He is so :cute:. I wrote my cell phone number on his cast and he just called me this morning and asked me if I was coming over. ( damn work :rant:) I told him I would come help him with dinner. Oh yeah.. they took the long cast off his left arm and put like a weird robotic type brace on it. It's called a Bledsoe :laugh: I guess it allows him to bend his elbow one inch. And every so often they will adjust it to bend more.. so that he can excersize it. He has no use of his left hand though. :( I hope the nerve graph will fix that.

Its so weird how something like this totally changes everything in your family's life. I mean.. I feel so much closer to him than I was before.. even though we've always been close. But its like.. we've gone from having our own lives.. to having our lives meshed together. I used to see him maybe once every two weeks for a few hours on the weekends at my parents house. I think he really appreciates the fact that I go there everyday and help him eat and help him with whatever. He told me I love you on the phone the other day. I cant even think if he's ever told me that. :sad: :heart: Its really an emotional experience that will never be forgotten.

Sicy said:
Oh yeah.. they took the long cast off his left arm and put like a weird robotic type brace on it. It's called a Bledsoe :laugh: I guess it allows him to bend his elbow one inch.
A Bledsoe...interesting name.
I wonder if its named for either:
A. QB Drew Bledsoe...though he never had an elbow injury
B. Cosby kid Tempest Bledsoe...maybe they had to fit her with one so she couldn't bend her elbow to drink heavily after her failed attempt as a talk show hostess

Seriously...glad to hear John is improving.
Don't underestimate your and you parents' influence on his recovery...the support of loved ones goes a long way in the mental aspect of healing.

Sicy said:
He keeps calling me. He's bored. :crack: :laugh: :hug:
:lmao: :lmao:
That is too funny Sicy!
He misses you!
But don't turn that cell phone off! Be there for him-as bored as he is- you're helping him in ways that you don't know!
That's amazing news!
:heart:

Last edited:
" He told me I love you on the phone the other day. I cant even think if he's ever told me that. Its really an emotional experience that will never be forgotten. "
Awww. That really is too sweet for words....:love: :heart: :up:
Nope. This wont be forgotten. EVER.
I think you and John are on a new page of what can be an incredible brother-sister relationship!:cute:
I'm touched to hear that this has brought you two together....I have a feeling you'll be hearing alot more "I love you's" in the future.:D
Your support is something that I'm sure John will never forget.
Love Autumn
PS I'm VERY relieved to hear that he is eating well finally! That will help his ulcer big time!

Last edited:
My brother just called me and told me he went to the bathroom by himself last nite. That a nurse helped him. :eyebrow: I think I have to believe him because he's not really on any drugs or painkillers anymore. :huh:

So.. YAY! He said it was 'fun'. :laugh:

He just called again and said that now he was sitting in a chair waiting for breakfast by his bed. :eeklaugh: Dammit.. I wish I could be there to see all this. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom