The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww Sicy... I hate that you and your family are going through this right now. I think about you guys everyday. I really appreciate the updates on John's recovery. Please, keep them coming.

All the best.

I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster.. up and down.. up and down

So I went to see John today and I went to his room and there was some guy where John used to be. I was like :der: So here I am wandering around peaking in all the rooms and there he was in his own PRIVATE room! :happy: So I was happy about that. He was semi awake but just weak and tired. Calm at least. Poor guy is getting so skinny. :slant: I wish he would eat more. The doctor said I guess he might be able to get in a wheel chair soon so at least he could go outside.

things are looking up :D

Hey Sicy...I haven't been here in a few days..and whoa...I had alot of catching up to do.:wave:
The last time I saw this thread it was at 10 to 11 pages, I think...
I'm glad you're keeping us in the loop and in tune with John.
So I'm reading all the responses....and your updates....
First thing was....wtf??? I thought John was getting his private room!!! And now with your last response, he finally did!! YES!!
I think that's what he needs!
And before I forget....The Sweetest Thing...my thoughts and prayers...are with you and your mother. I hope she fights this with all her might and makes it though. I believe the :angel: 's are looking after her too. Keep strong...and please keep us updated on your mom. oxoxoxo to you, honey.:heart:
Sicy...things are much much better than they were before....and yes we need a smilie for sighing.
I'm still praying for John, yourself and your family.:hug:
I still think they will be able to do more for John's bad arm. Give it time. I guess they give you the worst scenario, so as to not disappoint....which makes sense....but you'd be amazed that a little further down the line....hook John up with the right neurologist and plastic surgeon....they could do wonders for him. I guess that they want to give his body and mind a rest for now when it comes to surgery. It's time that is the bastard here.:banghead:
Waiting must be one of the most mundane and frustrating activities on the face of this earth.:scream:
But keep strong, Sicy, as you have....and I still think things will fall into the right place. John's drive to get up and at it so to speak is albeit scary:crack: but yet admirable at the same time. Even though you may thing he's :coocoo: for thinking he can walk and stuff....atleast he's in a positive mindset....which I think is the major factor in his healing.
Let's hope the nurses do the fookin jobs and keep him restrained if need be.
And once again....Mangia!!! Giovanni!!! Mangia!!!!
Bring him his favourite foods if you can.
Sending lots of love and prayers...
Love Autumn:heart:

Last edited:
Mangia Giovanni!

Has he eaten any pasta? Is he allowed to? :sad:

I hope so. It would give him some power. :up:

:hug:

p.s. whats up with the nurses

He can eat whatever he wants. But he hasnt really eaten much lately. :| He just keeps pressing that morphine button.

The nurses are ok.. they just dont come around that often like in ICU so I feel more comfortable when he has visitors there. Which is very often.. he has a lot of friends. Yesterday we had 7 people in the room. :der:

Sunday early here Sicy..i just had the urge to come here and

:hug:you.
Just that...

but of course I have an opinion about his diet...juice extractor...liquid veges...a good digestable way to keep up the vitamins. I maybe don't want to hear what John might have to say about that idea.

He's in good hands....yours.
:hug: to your parents too

Damn it. They moved him again! No more private room because he keeps falling out of bed. :| I think he's dreaming that he can walk. I told their asses he would fall out of bed. No one listens to me. So they had this shirt on him that ties the torso down to the bed. He calls it his idiot shirt because it reminds him of what an idiot he is. He's still hilarious.

He drank a jamba juice today... with a vita boost. They give him pills too. He's off the morphine and on vicoden now.. which I think is much better. He was very awake and normal today. He said he's going to start rehab soon.

Sorry I'm kinda late, but I just want to add my good vibes and prayers, too. I'm glad to hear that he's making progress, and my thoughts are with you and your family. :hug:

Unfuckingbelievable. My dad just called me and told me my brother is back in ICU. He was coughing up blood last nite so they took him to the OR and found out he had a bleeding ulcer. wtf?? *sigh. So now he's got the breathing tube again and recovering in ICU. He was fine yesterday!

:banghead:

i'm sorry christine. that is really terrible. it does sound like the hospital is doing a good job keeping tabs on him. i hope he's out of the icu soon.

Maybe this is unbelievable..but not really, we're just tuned in...

I woke up before dawn just then and I was laying there thinking..."they really should be careful what John eats, his digestive and elimination system is really effected by what has happened (body movement is an importat part of digestion, he's somewhat immobilised) But I am an armchair expert, self-taught, so don't wanna be telling you what to do with your own family.
But I can't say I'm not concerned.
Ulcers! my dad has suffered with them for years...so I know about them too.
Aww Sicy...
:hug: little :dance: sister.
His recovery is going to take some time, maybe with set backs, maybe with miraculous steps forward.
Some days are better than others....hang in there during the bad ones, or go scream at a good friend or hug the soul case outta daafish or come here and tell us what a bunch of crazy mixed up kids we are or....whatever:help: s...do it!!

I left the hospital because there really isnt anything I can do there. He'll be sedated for a while now. I guess he's doing ok. This is just some really scary shit. He's never had an ulcer before.. but I guess lots of things can cause it as a result of this accident. God as if he hasnt been through enough.

I found a cute picture of us when we were little

3355985923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A344%3B964ot1lsi

And this is the picture he has at the hospital that has been following him from room to room

3355985923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3A374662ot1lsi

:heart:

Sicy, those are awesome pictures. He definitely has the looks of a fighter! Keep hanging in there Sicy, We're all here for you. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh my God, how sweet you were!!!

Sorry about the blood coughing... I will pray for him tonight.

Send a hi when he feels better.

:up: Johnny :up:

Later we will change it to Go Johnny Go... Johnny B. Goode

like Cass said it will be a long recovery full of ups and downs.

I was actually surprized to hear that he was eating burgers and stuff.....

The ulcer prolley occured with the stress of everything, and the accident itself.

What great pics of the two of you.

before you know it he'll be on his feet again.

:tsk: Sicy, I'm sorry to hear that!! Just when you think he's getting back to his old self this crap has to happen.

I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

You are a very good sister to him.

3355985923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A344%3B964ot1lsi

3355985923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3A374662ot1lsi

Awwww. Sicy...those are sweeeet pictures. The both of ya are very very good looking, I might add.....and that's a great pic to follow John room to room. And this sounds like a very tight brother-sister relationship. Cherish that and never let go. :heart:
Is he still in ICU? What was their reason for putting back the breathing tube?
Sometimes these setbacks are to be expected, but hopefully as someone said the miraculous step forwards will be more frequent.
I'm praying that John gets those steps forward ASAP.
I guess the tacos and burgers didn't help. Perhaps pasta, when he can eat again, would be the better choice. :D
I'm hoping the next news you bring us will be happy ones.
Sicy...do what you have been doing all along....stay strong...things are going to get better.:hug:
With tons of love,
Autumn

Thank you guys. This just really sucks. I feel like we just went backwards in time. He's going to be in icu for a few days I guess.. sedated. Fine... leave him sleeping.. he needs the rest. He's too excitable. He's never going to heal fast enough if he doesnt rest. Apparently he had two ulcers. That's just crazy.

mmmBono said:
Awwww. Sicy...those are sweeeet pictures. The both of ya are very very good looking, I might add.....and that's a great pic to follow John room to room.

I so agree! I keep sending good wishes your way and check to see how John is doing a lot. I'm sorry about the ulcers and I hope the forced rest will do wonders for him.

:hug: Sicy...I'm sorry to hear about John's set back.

Those are cute pics :yes:

I have read that some medications can cause ulcers...I wonder if some of the medications he was on may have caused it? :shrug:

That could also play a factor abel. They were giving him some blood thining medicine so he wouldnt get blood clots, so that could have helped caused it too. He has also been laying on his back for more than 3 weeks and not eating all that much so his stomach acid is just sitting there in the same spot the whole time. Also the trauma from just being in that kind of accident. The doctor kind mentioned some of these things.

Anyway I hope he still has enough strength to get through this whole mess. I guess he told a friend the other day that he was physically, mentally and emotionally drained. That makes me very sad. :(

I was in the hospital for a week in December, the anti inflammatory drugs and the antibiotics I had did mean stuff to my stomach. Hopefully it is nothing more than medication. Here is to hoping today is a turning point for him and that tomorrow is even better.

Back
Top Bottom