US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that the religion responsible for thousands and thousands of young boys being molested by their priests is now dominating our laws.

They're not even trying to hide anything, and they were dishonest in their hearings too. This is only the beginning.

Activist judges on the Supreme Court is fine now, apparently.

It's a great week for "White Lives"! Oh wait, I really didn't mean that but glad you all cheered anyway.

Must be their next target

View attachment 13179

When I saw that a day, or two ago my jaw dropped. Not because I don't know there are people like that but that
a Senator would say that out loud currently.
(I was around when the original segregationist Senators were around like Strom Thurman, etc)

Drumph kicked over so many rocks with his "permission" to the racists, sexists, anti LGBTQI, anti immigrants etc
I hate him so much!

Idiotic ridiculous tweet directed at a man who actually gets what is at stake for women and always has gotten that. Directed at a black man too, so that's just gross. Unsurprising these days of course.

Governor of Illinois gets it too. This is long but worth watching

https://youtu.be/-ogjttXww2o

Damn I wish this story had ended with the Secret Service Agent knocking Trump out with a right hook.

oh shit they have witness intimidation receipts.

why the fuck wasn't this one in prime time??

they were worried someone was going to get to her. and to give more folks more time to jog their memories a bit.

oh, now i see you know that. it's weird -- i logged on via internet and not app for the first time in months and you can't see tweets.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Trump did that. Of course he will say that she's lying, and his followers will believe that too.

Good for her for testifying, it's a frightening prospect to think about what the cult is capable of. I wish the Secret Service agent could testify, but I can't imagine that would ever be allowed.

The big takeaway is not that Donald Trump throws hamburgers or assaults Secret Service agents.

It’s that the violence that day wasn’t things getting out of hand, its ther the violence was the thing that was planned for from the top down.

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

The big takeaway is not that Donald Trump throws hamburgers or assaults Secret Service agents.

It’s that the violence that day wasn’t things getting out of hand, its ther the violence was the thing that was planned for from the top down.

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by.”

Yes of course that's true. But Trump's appalling personal behavior that day was oddly symbolic of that takeaway.

I do think his anger at not being allowed to go to the Capitol clearly indicates that he knew what was going to happen and wanted to be in on it. So it's very relevant in that way too.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-service-jan-6-committee-trump-cassidy-hutchinson-testimony/#app

However, a source close to the Secret Service confirmed to CBS News that Engel and the driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was physically attacked or assaulted by Trump and that the former president never lunged for the steering wheel of the vehicle.

The Secret Service officials do not dispute that Trump was irate or that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol, in the language that Hutchinson related to the committee.

U.S. Secret Service has provided dozens of hours of testimony to the Jan. 6 committee so far, dating back to spring 2021.

According to the source close to U.S. Secret Service, both Tony Ornato and Bobby Engel have appeared before the committee on the record and behind closed doors, at the committee's request. Those sessions were recorded, but not used in Tuesday's hearing.

That’s a fail on the fucking media

A person goes before the committee and gives their account Under Oath

Vs

An unnamed source stating a different story

I cannot believe that the committee would ask that question to the gal if they didn’t already have the evidence to back it up.

This is what the Trump side does every damn time. Just look at Ginnie. She was so eager to meet with the committee and now is backing out

Those SS men want to clear what happened, then get up there and tell their story under oath, not hide behind a unnamed source

ornato and engal have already testified.

the committee would be morons to throw that little nugget out there about trump's behavior in the motorcade if the agents involved had already denied it under oath.

more likely is that the story is mostly true, with maybe some minor variations.

"oh - well he lunged forward but there was never any chance of him grabbing the wheel."

"actually it was my collarbone, not my clavicles. and it was more of a forceful love tap, sir."

"no, ms. cheney - it was barbeque sauce that dripped from the walls of the dining room, not ketchup"

I cannot believe that the committee would ask that question to the gal if they didn’t already have the evidence to back it up.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.....yet another Honest Adam Schiff-orchestrated committee. And this time, as a bonus, every single member appointed by one party, and the speaker.

in spite of themselves.....the kangaroo court is still doing the country a service getting some new info out to the voting public :up::up:

It’s disingenuous to criticize the committee as a Kangaroo Court, regardless of their theatrics and even in the circumstance that they’re bending truths. Doesn’t make that okay, but it’s pretty clear that attacking the integrity of the committee or its formulation is a tactic to deviate from the purpose of the committee. One side of the political isle is employing a strategy of straw man arguments so as to avoid the obvious: then President Trump promoted what happened and was glad it was happening.

Stop me if you've heard this one before.....yet another Honest Adam Schiff-orchestrated committee. And this time, as a bonus, every single member appointed by one party, and the speaker.

in spite of themselves.....the kangaroo court is still doing the country a service getting some new info out to the voting public :up::up:

Yes, having Honest Gym Jordan on the committee would have added much value

Who’s leading these hearings ? A Cheney, the poster politician for liberal values throughout the world.

How many democrats have testified?

If the Trump and GQP want to clear their names, they can show up and testify under oath.

Instead they play these semantic games, as well as using their propaganda machine to make claims they’ll never have to back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom