US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:35 AM
The center attempts at deconstructing Sanders image are the same that the internet attempted to do to Corbyn in the UK. They’re the same attempts that the right had on Clinton’s character. It blows my mind that you guys fall for this shit.

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The center attempts at deconstructing Sanders image are the same that the internet attempted to do to Corbyn in the UK. They’re the same attempts that the right had on Clinton’s character. It blows my mind that you guys fall for this shit.
So why is it that any insult or slight against Sanders is us "falling for shit", yet the left can regularly attack moderate voters and candidates? Empty suits, dottering old man, a snake?

This is ok - but when it's the opposite? Man, it's just us evil centrists being dumb.

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
So why is it that any insult or slight against Sanders is us "falling for shit", yet the left can regularly attack moderate voters and candidates? Empty suits, dottering old man, a snake?

This is ok - but when it's the opposite? Man, it's just us evil centrists being dumb.

Sorry I didn’t mean to be calling you out about why you don’t want to vote for him. I’m talking about the general criticism of twitter posters and other campaigns attempting to use that against him.

I understand why you might not want to vote for him from a perspective of policy. I have concerns about some of it. And I don’t really care if you’re a “centrist” because I really don’t align with a philosophy. I view government as a dynamic system, where philosophies are only correct for given points in time. So, you can happily be a centrist. I don’t care if someone is a full on right wing economist, I really don’t look at anyone any differently unless they possess shitty moral views or are just bad people.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:00 AM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yes totally, bernie bros posting a meme of mayor pete as a rat is just like racists calling a black person a gorilla. centrism at its finest.

I’ll repeat: I do not see the vitriol of the right from anywhere on the left ... except in certain Bernie camps. I agree this isn’t quite the level of the gorilla, but there is no one even close anywhere else on the left.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I will begrudgingly go out and vote for Sanders if he is the nominee. But I make no secret whatsoever that I really really do not want to, and would never in a million years vote for him if the alternative wasn't four more years of Donald Trump, which would do irreparable damage to our country.

If Bernie is the nominee I will rush out to vote for him and knock on doors for him like I did Obama.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:27 AM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:35 PM
So debate tonight.

My totally obvious predictions below:

I'm guessing Li'l Pete will be under heavy fire.
Joe will do his best tough guy impersonation.
Bernie will keep Bernie-ing
And Warren will play up electability and bringing people together.

With the latest tracking poll, It could be another Iowa, except with actual solid, timely results.

I'm staying off social media today. Don't want to hear about how this poll was rigged.
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
If Bernie is the nominee I will rush out to vote for him and knock on doors for him like I did Obama.
Ditto. I donated to Clinton and drove people to the polls. I will do the same for Crazy Bernie! Hell I may even phone bank or knock doors. It's all just too important.

Remember to get involved with the swing state senate races as well.

https://www.paybackproject.org/ is a good place to start with taking out the 9 most vunerable shit heads.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #88
Blue Crack Distributor

I won't rush. I'll take a leisurely stroll. Mostly because my vote doesn't actually count for shit #taxationwithoutrepresentation

Actually I think we do get a measly 3 electors. Nevermind
Old 02-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
I won't rush. I'll take a leisurely stroll. Mostly because my vote doesn't actually count for shit #taxationwithoutrepresentation

Yes, my vote also counts for nothing (thank you Electoral College). In fact, if i burned my ballot, it might provide me with a few seconds of warmth on a cold November day and would be worth more than my vote here in TN. But I would phone or text bank to swing states for sure.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Any guesses when Tulsi declares her 3rd party run?
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

It was more exciting when I lived in Arlington 10 years ago and VA was a swing state.

This time, I’ll probably be driving to volunteer in PA or, depending, AZ, or some other state where votes matter.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Any guesses when Tulsi declares her 3rd party run?
I think it's actually less likely because Clinton already called her out on it. Either way she is polling at under 2% nationally. Hawaii is probably the only state that would vote in any numbers for her and Hawaii going blue is not in contention.

Other question... What do we think Biden was doing these past 48 hours instead of shaking hands in NH? Sure some debate prep, but what else? Retooling campaign/hiring/firing? On the phone with donors to try and keep them on board?
Either way, not a great look to be off the trail.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #93
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I think it's actually less likely because Clinton already called her out on it. Either way she is polling at under 2% nationally. Hawaii is probably the only state that would vote in any numbers for her and Hawaii going blue is not in contention.

Other question... What do we think Biden was doing these past 48 hours instead of shaking hands in NH? Sure some debate prep, but what else? Retooling campaign/hiring/firing? On the phone with donors to try and keep them on board?

Either way, not a great look to be off the trail.
Probably some debate prep and a solid look in the mirror.

They know that they need to rebound in New Hampshire or it might be done. They don't have to win, they just need to not get dismantled. As much as South Carolina is still very much in play for Biden, they know Bloomberg is looking around the corner, and another poor showing in NH and even SC might start to look shaky.

Side note on Bloomberg... if he does end up getting the nomination and self finances, that means that all of the donor money that would normally go to the Democratic nominee can be poured into purple Senate, House and Governor's races.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Side note on Bloomberg... if he does end up getting the nomination and self finances, that means that all of the donor money that would normally go to the Democratic nominee can be poured into purple Senate, House and Governor's races.
I believe he's already pushing for that. He is meeting with people/donors and telling them that, instead of donating money to him, donate it to the Democratic Committee or some other progressive group (Swing Left).
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/u...democrats.html
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
That just gave me chills.

I get the strange dichotomy if this ends up going down to a Bernie/Bloomberg race. But there is just something satisfying about a respected, NY, self-made billionaire dismantling Trump, a hated, NY, phony, multi-millionaire (despite all his failures)

And not just that, but wiping out the sycophants that have enabled him for over 3 years. I couldn't really wish for anything better after all of us having to put up with this shit since 2016.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:46 PM   #96
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/0...-cheese-in-dc/

fucking preach AOC
Old 02-07-2020, 01:49 PM   #97
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
I believe he's already pushing for that. He is meeting with people/donors and telling them that, instead of donating money to him, donate it to the Democratic Committee or some other progressive group (Swing Left).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/u...democrats.html
It gives the Democratic party a legitimate chance at a hard reset on McConnell's firewall.

And even the most strident Sanders supporter has to agree that nothing will get done unless the Senate flips, the house stays blue, and state and local governments start to trend blue.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/polit...ump/index.html

The dude is untouchable
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote: