Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

Here we are in our 6th straight season of ordinary spring...carry on...

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

I heard it'll all go away once the weather turns

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I heard it'll all go away once the weather turns
Just need that beautiful summer heat....
Old 08-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:44 AM
My company is finally opening up one of their local offices next week for “voluntary return to the office”. I was looking forward to this for so long. I need some normalcy to go to the office even for just three days a week. And now, it doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated, masks are mandatory in the office. I will not be returning to the office to mask and social distance from everyone, no thanks.
Gonna Run 2 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Love the title, even though it's so beyond depressing that the plane is going in the wrong direction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	12913
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

NYC is requiring proof of vaccination for restaurants, gyms, and theaters.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:48 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Love the title, even though it's so beyond depressing that the plane is going in the wrong direction.

Attachment 12913
Old 08-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
NYC is requiring proof of vaccination for restaurants, gyms, and theaters.
i'm going to say something now that i've never said, and never thought I was even capable of saying...

Well done, Bill De Blasio.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:36 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

My company was planning on having us return in August following a hybrid schedule. I had told my boss there's no need for me to ever come back since I've never been in the office in the 15 months I've worked for the company. If someone really needs me to come in because they want to white board, then they need to work harder to explain over the phone

But

We were just told all plans are off until 2022. Everyone will stay remote.
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:00 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

The governor of MA said that Obama's outdoor birthday party wasn't a good idea. Meanwhile outdoor concerts and baseball games are going on and he has no problem with that. So that seems random. I'm not saying huge house (sprawling estate) parties are a good idea these days.

I heard several different numbers about how many attending. 200 working at the party, up to 500 attending which I can't even imagine was the case. Supposedly Pearl Jam is the entertainment.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The party for the nation’s 44th president will go on, but only for family and close friends.

Former President Barack Obama has scaled back his 60th birthday bash set for this weekend at his Martha’s Vineyard home off the Massachusetts coast due to the surge of infections blamed on the delta variant of the coronavirus, his office said Wednesday.

Attendance is now limited to family and close friends. Published reports had said hundreds of celebrities, politicos and others were expected at Obama’s sprawling house.

“This outdoor event was planned months ago in accordance with all public health guidelines and with COVID safeguards in place,” Obama spokesperson Hannah Hankins said in a statement. “Due to the new spread of the delta variant over the past week, the President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and close friends.”

“President Obama is appreciative of others sending their birthday wishes from afar and looks forward to seeing people soon,” Hankins added.

The two-term president turned 60 on Wednesday. Some conservatives criticized the plans for a milestone birthday celebration after details about the event were published this week.

“If the CDC doesn’t recommend Obama cancel his birthday party, don’t listen when they recommend you shut down your business,” conservative activist Charlie Kirk tweeted on Monday.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The governor of MA said that Obama's outdoor birthday party wasn't a good idea. Meanwhile outdoor concerts and baseball games are going on and he has no problem with that. So that seems random. I'm not saying huge house (sprawling estate) parties are a good idea these days.

I heard several different numbers about how many attending. 200 working at the party, up to 500 attending which I can't even imagine was the case. Supposedly Pearl Jam is the entertainment.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The party for the nation’s 44th president will go on, but only for family and close friends.

Former President Barack Obama has scaled back his 60th birthday bash set for this weekend at his Martha’s Vineyard home off the Massachusetts coast due to the surge of infections blamed on the delta variant of the coronavirus, his office said Wednesday.

Attendance is now limited to family and close friends. Published reports had said hundreds of celebrities, politicos and others were expected at Obama’s sprawling house.

“This outdoor event was planned months ago in accordance with all public health guidelines and with COVID safeguards in place,” Obama spokesperson Hannah Hankins said in a statement. “Due to the new spread of the delta variant over the past week, the President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and close friends.”

“President Obama is appreciative of others sending their birthday wishes from afar and looks forward to seeing people soon,” Hankins added.

The two-term president turned 60 on Wednesday. Some conservatives criticized the plans for a milestone birthday celebration after details about the event were published this week.

“If the CDC doesn’t recommend Obama cancel his birthday party, don’t listen when they recommend you shut down your business,” conservative activist Charlie Kirk tweeted on Monday.
The Pearl Jam rumor was shot down a few days ago, before the party got 90% nixed.
Old 08-04-2021, 02:40 PM   #12
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 01:44 AM
So we're back to judging vaccinated people for participating in outdoor gatherings of any size? How depressing.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
The Pearl Jam rumor was shot down a few days ago, before the party got 90% nixed.
Ok. I just can't believe we weren't invited.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
So we're back to judging vaccinated people for participating in outdoor gatherings of any size? How depressing.
People can do what they want, but I just don't think a former President should be having 700 people at his vacation home (if that was even the case, that could have been wildly exaggerated). Bad optics right now, especially since Biden was his vp. Governor of MA is just being ridiculous. The judging of Obama's birthday party can obviously be nothing but political.

I don't know the timing regarding when the party was actually scaled down. Could have been before it leaked out.

MA positive cases are climbing every day. Still much better than many places in the country and we have a good vaccination rate.

Obama's party is said to have a covid coordinator. That's when you know you've really made it.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ok. I just can't believe we weren't invited.
I'm sure the invitations were lost in the mail...probably Louis DeJoy's doing.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm sure the invitations were lost in the mail...probably Louis DeJoy's doing.
Must be that.

Obviously with a large party for that man you have guests flying in from all over the country (and maybe the world). So that would be a concern for the state and I understand that.

Now they have found a new variant in FL. It freaking never ends.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:13 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Yea I have zero issue with events for fully vaccinated persons.

And let's be honest - people are already flying in from all over the country and/or world to the Martha's Vineyard Airport and Car Care Center, without checking vaccination status, so this is more optics than actual good policy.

I just hope Eddie comes and sticks around for a week or so so I can bump into him at Nancy's.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:51 PM   #18
Refugee

Quote:
?
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:16 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
My company is finally opening up one of their local offices next week for “voluntary return to the office”. I was looking forward to this for so long. I need some normalcy to go to the office even for just three days a week. And now, it doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated, masks are mandatory in the office. I will not be returning to the office to mask and social distance from everyone, no thanks.
That’s cool, so stay home then….
dabiggestu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/wfaa/status/1423...767787017?s=21

Kinda feels like these GOP states want this to go in forever. Or worse, actually kill people

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote