U2 Tribute THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE rocked Philly Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
If you saw,Tony (Bono) gives me the mic during the organs of streets,being daughter's birthday the following day..what else could I have said...?
What can I give back to God, for the daughter he laid upon me..
This is our moment..
This is are time!
One love, one life,one blood, one city, one dream, one team...
and then..I mispelled EAGLES in front of 3000 irish people yesterday at the 2nd & Reed Irish festival....
But I dont think anyone cared, because yesterday from the opening drumbeat of 'Vertigo', to the climatic buildup of 'City of Blinding Lights', busting the skeleton out of the closet with 'Twilight', the rock anthem 'Where the Streets Have No Name' and closing with '40'...
those 3000 people were getting their asses rocked by New York's Unforgettable Fire - the Ultimate U2 tribute experience.
Is it me, or is it every time I see this band play the just keep getting better? So many emotions at Saturday's show I dont know where to start. The people were living the moment..this was Philly's time to get its arse rocked, and UF did it. One of the most amazing things about UF's performance, and I noticed it a lot yesterday, was their focus on the crowd...making sure that even the youngsters were rocking with them. Especially when Tony (Bono) brought the little boys onstage jamming on his goal is soul guitar.
The crowd every year for this band at the Irish festival just keeps getting bigger and bigger. There's a reason for this....this band is THAT good, and the word of mouth is spreading like wildfire.
Amazing how this band travels up and down on the east coast,playing big venues & concert halls, and yet still pays very special attention to Philadelphia......
Im going to be watching this band for a long time when I can...but the magic at the Irish festival performances in Philly cant be touched..cant wait for next year, amen!

GO VISIT WWW.UF2.COM

my friend is a Downtowner, and he went last year and loved it, i can't believe i missed it again... .ugh!

Back
Top Bottom