Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again? - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Even Better Than The Real Thing ??
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #641
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
What've I missed? I can't be bothered to go back and read all of that. I'm not the "getting caught" up type.
Remarkably clean conversation for most of this morning! I'm trying to do housework and be productive while I postwhore it up.

Varitek's gone to get drunk in a toga that would make for good boobsketball.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #642
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
The thing I took away German was that we needed more recent textbooks. Never should a child read about Nena and Falco.
99 Luftballoons!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #643
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Remarkably clean conversation for most of this morning! I'm trying to do housework and be productive while I postwhore it up.

Varitek's gone to get drunk in a toga that would make for good boobsketball.
No wonder it's clean conversation. I haven't been here. Nor has Jen.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #644
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

I'm afraid i can't remember it. How long ago was it?
It was a short series on the ABC here last year. Parody of Aussie high school life. One guy played three roles - gay drama teacher, stuck-up private school girl (not very well, mind you), and a Pacific Islander. Brief moments of hilarity, too many moments of "thank fuck I'm out of high school now".

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #645
Vocal parasite

Quote:

No wonder it's clean conversation. I haven't been here. Nor has Jen.
No, Jen's been around. In her pink pyjamas. You better hop on that plane to Geelong already. She's waaaiiiitiiiiing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #646
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:

It was a short series on the ABC here last year. Parody of Aussie high school life. One guy played three roles - gay drama teacher, stuck-up private school girl (not very well, mind you), and a Pacific Islander. Brief moments of hilarity, too many moments of "thank fuck I'm out of high school now".
Nah, we didn't get it.

What a shame
Old 02-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #647
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
k i'm off. be back soon peeps
I'm so fucking far behind that I only just got to this. See you soon!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #648
Vocal parasite

Quote:
We just never took the teacher seriously and the subject in general.

French i was pretty good at, and the teachers hated me for it, i'm sure. They kept giving me shit about how if i don't work harder i won't pass, and what did i do?

Oh, i believe i passed. Rather comfortably too.

What a shame i can't remember much of it now.

I ended up slacking off in German just because my class pissed me off and our textbooks turned shithouse in grade 11. I still came second overall. Rock the fuck on.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #649
Blue Crack Supplier

So this time tomorrow U2 will be rocking out the Kunstmuseum
Old 02-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #650
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No, Jen's been around. In her pink pyjamas. You better hop on that plane to Geelong already. She's waaaiiiitiiiiing.
The travel agent was plum out of tickets for flights to Memphis or Geelong. Apparently, SeattleVertigo and Cori purchased the last of each. *scratches head* I guess I missed something.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #651
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

99 Luftballoons!
"Class, let me show you all about a German musical hero."

Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #652
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Kate keeps making fun of how we pronounce 'fillet'. Damnit, that word has long since been Anglicised and is pronounced fil-it. This pretentious US bullshit about fil-ay is just them trying to look like they know something about a language they have otherwise brutally raped and destroyed.
I have a book called "The Adventure of English" ... read it. It's all about how English has developed from what was spoken by the Frisians who settled in the Brisith isles after the Romans left, through Danish and French invasions, and all that drama with translating the Bible into English, and Martin Luther's thing in Germany, and Chaucer and Shakespeare, to where the language is at in all the countries where it's spoken today.

I say again,

Hey tourist

It was actually Americans who first tried to impose standard spellings on words... with a few hiccups. Things were still pretty random in the UK at that time...
Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM   #653
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I ended up slacking off in German just because my class pissed me off and our textbooks turned shithouse in grade 11. I still came second overall. Rock the fuck on.
I bailed on French just before we had to start taking it seriously. I thought i can bullshit through it at this "practice" level but in terms of it being part of any serious high school qualification? Fuck no!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #654
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The thing I took away German was that we needed more recent textbooks. Never should a child read about Nena and Falco.
In grade 8-10, we had these really good textbooks. They had great cartoons that introduced concepts and were remarkably useful. But then we moved onto crappy, dull, hard-to-follow textbooks from a different series for years 11-12. Apparently the later textbooks in the series we started on were "too adult". Knowing my school, that probably just meant two of the characters were boyfriend and girlfriend and vague allusions to that were made once or twice in the text.

Though maybe Tourist wrote it and they were playing each others' guitars. Screwtape, be thankful you've no idea what I'm talking about there.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So this time tomorrow U2 will be rocking out the Kunstmuseum
What's going to open the show? A 23 minute version of The Unforgettable Fire with snippetry of Promenade, 4th of July, and Bad?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #656
Blue Crack Supplier

In other news, I just got given dark chocolate.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #657
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What's going to open the show? A 23 minute version of The Unforgettable Fire with snippetry of Promenade, 4th of July, and Bad?
I need to hear Bono snippet 4th of July.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hi, by the way. I'm Andrew.
I'm the most innocent person on this thread.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #659
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I have a book called "The Adventure of English" ... read it. It's all about how English has developed from what was spoken by the Frisians who settled in the Brisith isles after the Romans left, through Danish and French invasions, and all that drama with translating the Bible into English, and Martin Luther's thing in Germany, and Chaucer and Shakespeare, to where the language is at in all the countries where it's spoken today.

I say again,
THAT BOOK IS AWESOME. I read it a few years ago. The TV series equivalent of it was recently on the ABC. I caught the first episode and then promptly forgot about it. Ooops.

Quote:
It was actually Americans who first tried to impose standard spellings on words... with a few hiccups. Things were still pretty random in the UK at that time...
OK, I could have sworn the first dictionary was done in England.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #660
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I need to hear Bono snippet 4th of July.
It's going to be an acapella snippet, that one.

Closed Thread