Does anyone have a guitar tab from when U2 covered won't get fooled again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

All three of those are classic :lmao:

Two of my teachers had the worst last name. They were a married couple and were originally the Crappers. I discovered that when I was flicking through old yearbooks in the library. By the time I'd got to the school, they'd changed their last name to Capper.

Damn! I think the best name we had was Bungay. Obviously there is only so much you can do with that.

Our principle was BJ Bentley though. That was always useful.

coolian2 said:
Probably the most privately run-style public school in the country. I think they even had a plan of trying to convert to a private school although i think that fell through because they serve too large an area to tell people to fuck off.

:lol:

Wow, this post is serving no purpose. Uh. Primary school in New Zealand was good! Actually, not really. Despite doing a year more than Australia, when I came here, I felt everyone was ahead of where we'd been in New Zealand.

But back when I was at primary school, the Kapiti Coast was the sticks, moreso than it is now.

Axver said:
Two of my teachers had the worst last name. They were a married couple and were originally the Crappers. I discovered that when I was flicking through old yearbooks in the library. By the time I'd got to the school, they'd changed their last name to Capper.
:lmao: Okay, they win.

There was a music teacher called Mr Condon, too... I'm sure you can all guess where that one went.

He was a strange little man, too. BIIIIG Toto fan. :huh:

Alisaura said:

I've just come down from a big Atmospheric U2 spree... all Captive and Passengers and Zooropa and things like Dying Sailor and Beautiful Ghost... :drool:

Am a bit directionless at the moment... I'm liking Boy, but I discovered John Butler and got into Muse and Tool again too.

CAPTIVE. :drool:

MUSE. :drool:

For the win!

coolian2 said:

Damn! I think the best name we had was Bungay. Obviously there is only so much you can do with that.

Our principle was BJ Bentley though. That was always useful.

Oh, that reminds me! One of the guys in line to be the next principal had the last name of Dick.

I'm actually surprised we didn't make more of that than we did. We'd just remark "what a horrible last name" and leave it at that, really. I guess it was just too easy a target.

mysterious_jen said:
jeeese ax even i knew that.

I truly have no idea who you're talking about. :reject:

So I'm going to go hang up the load of washing I just did instead!

I don't know anyone who's actually seen Captive, but from all accounts it was fucking awful. How can such fantastic music be connected to such a horrible film?

More to the point, did Edge actually think the film was good? :lol:

Alisaura said:

:lmao: Okay, they win.

There was a music teacher called Mr Condon, too... I'm sure you can all guess where that one went.

He was a strange little man, too. BIIIIG Toto fan. :huh:

Heh. One year we had a female music teacher who was hot but everyone noticed had a moustache.

Holy shit those were funny classes.

One year we had an older guy who apparently was an NZ Commonwealth games weightlifter years and year ago. He was so old school, it was awesome.

We played chess in his classroom at lunch. One time i said fuck really loud in a dead silent room and he didn't bat an eye.

We also threw all sorts of shit into the ceiling because it was some spongy type of panelling. One of my mates won when he landed a weight he nicked from science in the ceiling with a long string hanging from it.

And my geography teacher in my last year, there was a funny man. The entire class all we usually did was listen to music and roughly discuss geography. He swore regularly and you got a good hit on the knuckles if you didn't do your homework.

I loved that during assessments he "thought out loud" on the board to direct us as to what to write to pass the assignment. And come the end of the year, i had failed one assessment (ok, i hadn't handed it in) and did really well in another. When he came to confirm the marks with me it said i had passed both on the same level. I pointed it out to him and he said it would even out if we left it.

Fuck, that's a long post.

Axver said:

:lol:

Wow, this post is serving no purpose. Uh. Primary school in New Zealand was good! Actually, not really. Despite doing a year more than Australia, when I came here, I felt everyone was ahead of where we'd been in New Zealand.

But back when I was at primary school, the Kapiti Coast was the sticks, moreso than it is now.

Primary School in NZ #1: Not bad
Primary School in Oz: Pretty crap
Primary School in NZ #2: Great

I'm being far too productive today. One load of washing's done, another's on, and I've vacuumed. What next? I'll actually do the ironing? :ohmy:

We had an ancient substitute teacher who was in his 70s... he was supposed to teach us Indonesian occasionally but instead he told us probably apocryphal stories about WWII or whatever happened to take his fancy. That was cool.

Alisaura said:
I don't know anyone who's actually seen Captive, but from all accounts it was fucking awful. How can such fantastic music be connected to such a horrible film?

More to the point, did Edge actually think the film was good? :lol:

Hah, really? I haven't even heard any accounts of Captive. To me it's almost like only the soundtrack happened. By the sounds of it, perhaps that would've been better!

I love Rowena's Theme so much. You guys might want to look out for at least a bit of it tomorrow ... :wink:

Axver said:
I'm being far too productive today. One load of washing's done, another's on, and I've vacuumed. What next? I'll actually do the ironing? :ohmy:
Man, I'm still in PJs. Wanna come over and do my laundry too? :lol:

Axver said:
I love Rowena's Theme so much. You guys might want to look out for at least a bit of it tomorrow ... :wink:
:ohmy:

You're not making me feel any better about missing this. :madspit:

*goes into Melbournite thread to find that segue thing*

Alisaura said:
We had an ancient substitute teacher who was in his 70s... he was supposed to teach us Indonesian occasionally but instead he told us probably apocryphal stories about WWII or whatever happened to take his fancy. That was cool.

We had two hilarious substitute teachers.

One was an older guy, straight out of a private school in the 1950s, surely.

And other guy who was fat and a miserable bastard who got nicknamed the walrus.

coolian2 said:
Heh. One year we had a female music teacher who was hot but everyone noticed had a moustache.

We had this female English teacher who everybody thought was hot (I can't say I paid much attention to my teachers in that way) until they discovered she was a bitch and then opinion turned.

I, for the record, don't think she was a bitch. She was just good at owning people when they broke the rules. Which included me one day when she discovered I was drawing maps in my English book rather than doing some boring poetry-related task ...

I loved that during assessments he "thought out loud" on the board to direct us as to what to write to pass the assignment. And come the end of the year, i had failed one assessment (ok, i hadn't handed it in) and did really well in another. When he came to confirm the marks with me it said i had passed both on the same level. I pointed it out to him and he said it would even out if we left it.

:lmao: That's great. So were your other stories. I had one great teacher - the one I met up with - who was getting pissed off with the state curriculum being useless. There was one unit he didn't want to teach and had a better idea of something more useful instead. He said he was tempted to write our essays for us - he only had to submit five for external verification, one for each grade. He knew our writing styles and could've easily faked essays, and he was going to just give us our average mark. As it turned out, he did teach the unit with his own spin on it, partly because I wanted to do it and told him as much, but I have to wonder if he's actually pulled that trick since I left ...

coolian2 said:

Primary School in NZ #1: Not bad
Primary School in Oz: Pretty crap
Primary School in NZ #2: Great

Primary school in New Zealand: Good, but backwards in some regards.
Primary school in Australia: Good curriculum and teachers for the most part, but horrible, horrible students who made the token Kiwi want to go home.
High school in Australia: Good. Ended up having far too much focus on performing arts and sport though, which meant that I the academic debater got shafted and fucked around a bit.

Alisaura said:

Wow, Indonesian? That would've been interesting. All I ever had offered was Japanese and German. All I wanted to do was French and Latin! One of the maths teachers actually was qualified to teach French but the school only wanted him to teach maths. :(

Oh, and of course I did Maori in primary school in New Zealand. Wish I'd learnt more of that, really.

Axver said:
horrible, horrible students who made the token Kiwi want to go home.
i know how you feel
down.gif

Alisaura said:
You're not making me feel any better about missing this. :madspit:

:hug:

Want me to e-mail you live updates?

Hey, e-mail wouldn't get me 45ed like I'm getting right now.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i finished all my projects half an hour early! :yippie: now i get to devote all my time on this thread until it's time to leave :drool:

We're all doomed now!

Actually, I probably should do some dishes soon. Or clean up the lounge. It's a bit messier than I'd really like.

Truth be told, I should mop the floor in the kitchen, but FUCK OFF. I did that far too recently for that to reasonably need to be done again. I fucking hate lino.

Axver said:

:lmao: That's great. So were your other stories. I had one great teacher - the one I met up with - who was getting pissed off with the state curriculum being useless. There was one unit he didn't want to teach and had a better idea of something more useful instead. He said he was tempted to write our essays for us - he only had to submit five for external verification, one for each grade. He knew our writing styles and could've easily faked essays, and he was going to just give us our average mark. As it turned out, he did teach the unit with his own spin on it, partly because I wanted to do it and told him as much, but I have to wonder if he's actually pulled that trick since I left ...

:laugh:

Love it!

Axver said:
We're all doomed now!

Actually, I probably should do some dishes soon. Or clean up the lounge. It's a bit messier than I'd really like.

Truth be told, I should mop the floor in the kitchen, but FUCK OFF. I did that far too recently for that to reasonably need to be done again. I fucking hate lino.
hehe sorry, when i get to type names like boner, kooch, and cox, the work just flies by :drool:

i only wish i'd come in early so i could leave early
down.gif

on my way here, i was stuck behind some slow fucker who could've gone a lot faster if he'd stop looking at whatever the hell was going on in his passenger seat! :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom